Page 33 of 105 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Oh I happy for Lorna!

The costumes are terrible. But the art is sick!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    more
    That is a good Orson Wells homage alien. The pen and ink are certainly high quality and already bring the characters to life.

Its early to judge, but its clear at least from those scenes the run is starting off with hot blooded Lorna. It certainly can work as long as it avoids making her terminally stupid or simply not able to control herself like some of the early ANXF depictions. The Lorna in the preview sketches looks aggressive and somewhat rash, but ultimately in control of her decisions.

And, art.

Last edited by jmc247; 04-28-2021 at 08:13 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The color used here on Lorna's dress is really bad. I'm not sure if her dress can change colors, or whatever is going on with it, but it looked much better on the covers/comic strip we've seen. The teal elevated it IMO. Maybe it's reflective or something? It looks kinda clear/white here opposed to what we've seen elsewhere.

I love David's designs for the other members of X-Factor, but his Lorna is very lackluster.

Thankfully it isn't hideous though.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 04-28-2021 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

The color used here on Lorna's dress is really bad. I'm not sure if her dress can change colors, or whatever is going on with it, but it looked much better on the covers/comic strip we've seen. The teal elevated it IMO. Maybe it's reflective or something? It looks kinda clear/white here opposed to what we've seen elsewhere.

I love David's deigns for the other members of X-Factor, but he's Lorna is very lackluster.

Totally agree with you on this, the dress should have had magnetically infused energy. Kinda like she had with her energy hair from Genosha. Her hair displayed here is boring.

I love David's deigns for the other members of X-Factor, but his Lorna is very lackluster.

Hopefully we can get better versions of this outfit in X-Men #21, with Dauterman and Werneck in charge of the interior art

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Hopefully we can get better versions of this outfit in X-Men #21, with Dauterman and Werneck in charge of the interior art
    Dauterman will do Lorna justice, no doubt.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I love David's deigns for the other members of X-Factor, but his Lorna is very lackluster.

I would be a bit more open to the dress if it could change colors. She has the whole electromagnetic spectrum of colors to work with (though she might wanna avoid changing it into the color of radio/gamma/etc waves since, y'know, naked). But if it could change colors, I think we would've seen multiple shades on display at once.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I know they wanted to show a "magnetic" to her dress, but this is not it. The shoes are bad and Lorna needs some jewelry.

Lorna's hair has never looked worse than here.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    Totally agree with you on this, the dress should have had magnetically infused energy. Kinda like she had with her energy hair from Genosha. Her hair displayed here is boring.
    Yeah, he could have done so much more with Lorna. I too would have loved to see the return of the energy hair.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Great news! Hopefully they can interpret it in a way that makes it more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I would be a bit more open to the dress if it could change colors. She has the whole electromagnetic spectrum of colors to work with (though she might wanna avoid changing it into the color of radio/gamma/etc waves since, y'know, naked). But if it could change colors, I think we would've seen multiple shades on display at once.
    It being able to change colors would be a cool feature. A shame no one thought of that. I believe Zendaya had a dress that changed colors or something at the Met Gala, and it would've been awesome to see something like with Polaris, but utilizing her mutant abilities.

https://twitter.com/annalisebissa/st...28760883011584

X-MEN #1 preview inks in higher resolution

Last edited by juan678; 04-28-2021 at 09:23 AM.

With higher resolution, I now realize what Lorna did in that last page was wrap metal around the team, not the robot. It looks like it does provide them protection from whatever attack is going on, since they're not all holding their heads while inside it. If it's a psychic attack, this might imply that Lorna's able to turn metal into protection against it in the same manner as Magneto's helmet. My guess is that Jean is doing some kind of telepathic probe or talking with the enemy at the bottom of the page.

As always, this is all speculation and could be wrong.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Looks like Lorna was being assertive and thought she could take the giant alien which I think is perfect for her!! I guess it looks metallic but isn’t metal lol. It also looks like the alien is psychic and Lorna create a Magneto helmet hide out for the team before they were taken by the telepathic attack. This all looks great for the Green Queen! Polaris is finally here and I’m excited for this book!