Page 40 of 105 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

I did pretty well guessing whose hands were who from the Jordan White interview art a few weeks ago. Lorna was the easiest pick. I like she is also holding a coffee cup.

Looking good. I know the slip on the coffee cup is supposed to be brown, but I'm choosing to see it as gold and a nice nod to her roots of wearing gold as a secondary color.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247

annachaveiroart “Sacrifice is just a pretty name for losing” - Lorna Dane/Polaris
    Thanks jmc247

One thing worth mentioning, in my opinion, is that Lorna's outfit is very Krakoa-coded for a look. The others are wearing designs from yesteryear, but the design on Lorna's dress has a look to match the other Krakoa-based signs and sigils that have been around.

I'm taking that as a good thing. That it's a visual sign they're trying to think of where to go with her today with the setting. At least here anyway.

I'd have a different view if this was a team uniform with minor variations. If that was the case, I'd think they were more concerned with having her conform to the team at the cost of her identity. But since there is no team uniform, since this is a look only Lorna's wearing, I think it's visually indicative of thought being put into her as her own character in the current setting.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    One thing worth mentioning, in my opinion, is that Lorna's outfit is very Krakoa-coded for a look. The others are wearing designs from yesteryear, but the design on Lorna's dress has a look to match the other Krakoa-based signs and sigils that have been around.

I'm taking that as a good thing. That it's a visual sign they're trying to think of where to go with her today with the setting. At least here anyway.

I'd have a different view if this was a team uniform with minor variations. If that was the case, I'd think they were more concerned with having her conform to the team at the cost of her identity. But since there is no team uniform, since this is a look only Lorna's wearing, I think it's visually indicative of thought being put into her as her own character in the current setting.
    How so? What about Lorna's look screams Krakoa? Looking at that MA cover, the angles

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I LOVE how she looks on both covers. Her flat, straight hair works beauty-fully for me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How so? What about Lorna's look screams Krakoa? Looking at that MA cover, the angles
    Mainly the pattern on the front of her dress. That pattern comes across as Krakoa to me, with the other elements accenting.

Side note, I just noticed that not only does Lorna have a coffee cup in the Marte Gracia, she also has sunglasses on top of her head.

Angles and strange line patterns are in vogue?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Lorna's new costume looks like she borrowed the jacket from Rogue and the dress from Jean.

Polaris showing up to the group huddle with sunglasses on her head and coffee is perfect and exactly the type of personality I hope to see more of in the X-Men book! Lorna truly just wants to chill but is a protector/defender type for mutants. I’m hype for this run!

What’s Lorna’s go-to coffee order?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Lorna's new costume looks like she borrowed the jacket from Rogue and the dress from Jean.
    Yeah too much green. I think its fixable by giving Jean a new costume with no green.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    What’s Lorna’s go-to coffee order?
    Haha, I was wondering that too! Some type of caramel macchiato perhaps?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Po po looks amazing. I think she is going to kick ass in this book. Looking forward to seeing where they go with her. I’m sure she will be the team’s beast!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Po po looks amazing. I think she is going to kick ass in this book. Looking forward to seeing where they go with her. I’m sure she will be the team’s beast!
    I totally agree!

I also have a question to anyone on here about Abigail Brand. Why does she have green hair? Is this a joke on us?

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    I totally agree!

I also have a question to anyone on here about Abigail Brand. Why does she have green hair? Is this a joke on us?
    I wanna say she said the green hair is from her alien side.
    She's half alien and half mutant.