Page 41 of 105 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Yeah too much green. I think its fixable by giving Jean a new costume with no green.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    I totally agree!

I also have a question to anyone on here about Abigail Brand. Why does she have green hair? Is this a joke on us?
    From her alien side.

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    I totally agree!

I also have a question to anyone on here about Abigail Brand. Why does she have green hair? Is this a joke on us?
    Honestly, I don't think any thought was put into Brand looking similar to Lorna when she was created. Although Lorna was more visible than in the past following Austen's run (which ended the same year), I doubt she had the same attention draw she does now to where someone working at Marvel would bend over backwards thinking "I'll design this character to look like Lorna." Someone who was reading at the time would have a better idea than me though.

Then again, Brand was created by Joss Whedon, so who knows. But this is also a good time to note that even if a character has a bad foundation, future work can make them good and meaningful (e.g. M'Baku in the Black Panther film).
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm glad they gave Brand a different hair style to differentiate her from Lorna. Hate they could easily be mistaken for one another, and it's a reason I don't really care too much for Brand tbh. I know its petty but I don't care.

Last edited by juan678; 05-24-2021 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Really love this costume and hair for Lorna.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm glad they gave Brand a different hair style to differentiate her from Lorna. Hate they could easily be mistaken for one another, and it's a reason I don't really care too much for Brand tbh. I know its petty but I don't care.
    She does have a different hair style.

I missed this article the first go around. I will very much agree with Laura and Wolverine that legacy has been important in Laura's storyline and that has been readily apparent. I don't agree that it has been important with Lorna with Magneto.

Legacy storyline themes haven't been something present for Lorna character for almost two decades. Having a higher opinion of Magneto then some of your friends (or lower opinion for that matter) and saving his team when asked by him aren't legacy storylines or themes.

On that note.

Last edited by jmc247; 05-22-2021 at 10:39 AM.

Astonishing Member

Was discussing Lorna on the Alex thread, and it occurred to me is Alex both the best and the worst pairing for the character. I only ask because I constantly hear the Never Again with Alex crowd but who does she have a better relationship with? I mean I have been into comics for more than 4 decades and I don't remember the Lorna/Bobby stuff and when reading the older issues it seemed like more of a romantic complication to get her over to Alex. I know there is the let her be unattached crowd which makes sense but just asking is there some pairing I might have missed in some title that the Lornaites are demanding/longing for?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Lorna's never had the opportunity to explore a romance with anyone outside of Alex unfortunately. There was Bobby, but that's obviously moot now (though he always showed more caring towards her than most). One of my major gripes with Lorna/Alex is how he is constantly allowed to explore other romantic relationships with other females, but no one ever really bothers with Lorna.

It was established that Lorna is attracted to Gambit, and it seemed like Peter David was attempting to build something between them, but ANXF was cancelled before it ever really went anywhere. I'm still team Polaris/Gambit though.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Was discussing Lorna on the Alex thread, and it occurred to me is Alex both the best and the worst pairing for the character. I only ask because I constantly hear the Never Again with Alex crowd but who does she have a better relationship with? I mean I have been into comics for more than 4 decades and I don't remember the Lorna/Bobby stuff and when reading the older issues it seemed like more of a romantic complication to get her over to Alex. I know there is the let her be unattached crowd which makes sense but just asking is there some pairing I might have missed in some title that the Lornaites are demanding/longing for?
    I believe if Lorna gets back on track with her own self and Alex does the same it can be great. Right now, Alex is still a mess. He has had many opportunities in the past to keep their relationship afloat but he chose to abandon her more than a few times. He left her alone and vulnerable to Sinister and Malice by checking in on the X-men back in the 80’s. He didn’t realize it until he sees her possessed by Malice a few issues later. Then he goes with Maddy Prior not even trying to help Lorna right after that. He has constantly chose to abandon her when he is selfish. Both have had their minds tampered with many times. It’s no wonder why Lorna chose the high road by getting herself out of the relationship. I wouldn’t mind if she gets involved with Warren Worthington for a fling. Nothing serious, just a fling.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Gambit and Lorna explored again, I just submitted a fling with her and Warren.

Astonishing Member

All the sheltered good girls have a thing for Remy because he is an absolute flirt and they are used to that type of attention. It was the same with Rogue. He seems like the type to flirt with any nah actually everyone and if given a chance would happily hook up with them but isn't really relationship material except with Rogue but ok maybe PAD was trying to suggest something serious on Remy's part. I always read it as Lorma wasn't used to that type of attention which I guess makes your point Soulsword.

Astonishing Member

Warren needs something to do period, Candy Southern is dead and I was gonna say he had something with Psylocke but was that Betsy or Kwannon because he doesn't seem to be in either's orbit now, Kwannon is flirting with GreyCrow and I don't know what Betsy is up to I buy Excalibur but fear reading it because the masses say the book sucks. I like Warren, moreso as Archangel just for the powerset, OG Warren is pretty useless. I wouldn't mind exploring that relationship though but I am down for anything that puts Archangel in more of a spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Warren needs something to do period, Candy Southern is dead and I was gonna say he had something with Psylocke but was that Betsy or Kwannon because he doesn't seem to be in either's orbit now, Kwannon is flirting with GreyCrow and I don't know what Betsy is up to I buy Excalibur but fear reading it because the masses say the book sucks. I like Warren, moreso as Archangel just for the powerset, OG Warren is pretty useless. I wouldn't mind exploring that relationship though but I am down for anything that puts Archangel in more of a spotlight.
    I agree with all that you said. Warren needs a major power set upgrade. He needs the archangel or something more powerful than that. As for his personal life, I also agree that he needs someone. Lorna and Warren have had many tragedies in their lives and I would like to see their friendship explored more.