Page 45 of 105 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Is Mutant X worth the read?
    Oh, yes! It was fun!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would Sinister bring back Maddie when he has always been at the top of her hit list? He sent the Hellions to deal with her bc he knew she'd have him tortured/killed. Doesnt make sense

@Angleman70, I was also thinking the other day how Lorna might have felt about Alex and Maddie in the past. He pretty much abandoned and then cheated on her while she was suffering and trapped in a prison of sorts by Malice. That really should have stung her but I dont think any writer has touched that
    She pretty much instantly forgave him and wanted to be back with him.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-02-2021 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    She pretty much instantly forgave him and wanted to be back with him.
    Thanks for the reminder. Ugh, that makes Lorna look sad and pathetic

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

At the time...He didn't abandon her. Considering that she (while possessed by Malice) killed their love and relationship by kicking him away from a height that could have killed him he really can't be blamed for falling in love with Maddie who also felt spurned by Scott...though that relationship was pretty much purely sexual and short-lived. Forgiveness would've had to be asked of him...again at the time...not the other way around.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-02-2021 at 04:09 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    At the time...He didn't abandon her. Considering that she (while possessed by Malice) killed their love and relationship by kicking him away from a height that could have killed him he really can't be blamed for falling in love with Maddie who also felt spurned by Scott...though that relationship was pretty much purely sexual and short-lived. Forgiveness would've had to be asked of him...again at the time...not the other way around.
    I view it as abandonment. They never broke up and Lorna was completely confused with no agency. He gave up on her rather fast. It was like maybe a few weeks for him to start up with Maddie. As for her, he might get a pass bc it did seemed to be implied that she used her newfound powers to seduce him as a pawn to hurt Scott. Still wasnt his finest hour

And Malice actually ensured that Havok wasnt killed when she pushed him off. She used Lorna's powers to ease his fall

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Then they "abandoned" each other and the relationship. It wasn't the finest moment for both.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Can you really not see the subtext there? Magneto was not trying to make Alex squirm. He was trying to keep him away from his daughter. Why do you think he spoke of Madelyne as his EX? What do you think the "Hrmmmmm" meant? It is the same trend that when Sinister was pushing him around with Alex and Lorna. He hates the thought of them together. I tought that you of all people could relate.
    I can see the same dialogue with someone other than Lorna in her place. Maybe with a few minor word changes (e.g. Marvel might think "sweet" is too feminine of a word for some characters like Cyclops to use). The two things you mentioned are read by me as simply Magneto not liking Havok all around, as in he would think and behave the same toward Havok if Lorna never existed.

I will admit, though, that I can see why others would see it as something more. We saw in X-Men Blue how Marvel seemed to want to define Lorna as if her entire existence revolves around which man Lorna should be a supporting character for. And who knows, maybe that's what they were trying to go for here. Wouldn't surprise me. But it doesn't change that the role of her here could have easily been covered with a different character, and as such the only reason Marvel had for using her specifically has to do with reiterating their backwards nostalgia-fueled views of her in relation to Havok.

Thanks for the reminder. Ugh, that makes Lorna look sad and pathetic
    It does, and it's another prime example in a decades long list of them of how bad Marvel's nostalgia for male-centric wish fulfillment via Havok at Lorna's expense really is. Havok wants to go off with another woman? He can conveniently dump Lorna without any consequences. Havok wants to be with Lorna again? No problem, she's conveniently immediately available to tend to his every whim with no qualms whatsoever about how he's treated her in the past. If only real women were so conveniently attuned to a cause of pleasing men with no thoughts or feelings beyond that cause.

This is also another case of a half-point for Austen. I say half because he had Lorna blaming Annie for Havok leaving her at the altar when it should've all been focused on Havok. But at least he brought consequences to bear on Havok's treatment of Lorna for once.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Its a legitimate worry that Marvel could be slowly heading down a long arc of defining Lorna in a team Magneto vs team Havok way. I don't think the evidence is fully there to support the assertion as yet, but hints are there. Lets hope that is not that case and Lorna is motivated by her own history and views.

As for the issue of Lorna and romantic fights. While she shouldn't be a shipper character as she was in the 80s and 90s (there has to be balance) I have never had a problem with a knock down drag out super human romantic battle from time to time as Lorna had at her at her wedding. Go big or go home.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-03-2021 at 06:56 AM.

BANNED

Why would Sinister bring back Maddie when he has always been at the top of her hit list? He sent the Hellions to deal with her bc he knew she'd have him tortured/killed. Doesnt make sense

@Angleman70, I was also thinking the other day how Lorna might have felt about Alex and Maddie in the past. He pretty much abandoned and then cheated on her while she was suffering and trapped in a prison of sorts by Malice. That really should have stung her but I dont think any writer has touched that
    Sinister doesn’t make sense and the version of him coming back from Amenth is crazier than ever. But normal Sinister let himself be kidnapped by Mastermind and Arcade where he was tortured and his teeth pulled out, all so he could get a new clone farm. That doesn’t make sense either. But it’s Sinister.

I’m pretty sure he cuts a deal with Havok to bring Maddie back. Just like he cut a deal with Jamie to clone a new body for Betsy.

I appreciated Hellions emphasized that Lorna and Havok are not together and Havok is still very into Maddie. Polaris has also ended things with him before and has moved on 18887D96-DC99-45F2-90C2-8D5FE981799E.jpg

Lorna acting like a adult!! I liked Zeb take on her

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    I appreciated Hellions emphasized that Lorna and Havok are not together and Havok is still very into Maddie. Polaris has also ended things with him before and has moved on 18887D96-DC99-45F2-90C2-8D5FE981799E.jpg
    Alex actually ended things with her there. She just decided to not mope around crying about him and moved on with her life

Live on our Instagram June 4 at 4pm PT

Nerdist on Instagram
    Emma’s back this week.

Last edited by jmc247; 06-03-2021 at 03:23 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Awww, Emma <3 <3

Love that she's a part of that.

I'm glad Emma's getting more involved in X-Men stuff again. Her enthusiasm for Lorna while on Gifted was wonderful to see and it was disappointing not to see her post much about it (at least on Instagram and Twitter) since then. A Tumblr post I made of a different picture from when she received her X-Men #50 issue was one of my more heavily shared posts.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)