Page 47 of 105 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I didn't know Cyclops and Havok were into each other like that, but if they wanna tag along with Lorna and Jean's night out then by all means!
    A foursome! How brilliant!

Lorna Dead Again

If he does one for all of them, I can only hope he throws out almost everything about the old cards and creates something entirely brand new for Lorna. I've noted before how bad and inaccurate the power grids are. The ones on the Marvel wiki have Lorna's intelligence at 2 for "Normal" and Havok's at 3 for "Learned" even though they have the exact same educational background.
    1992 Lorna’s stats for such cards were abysmal yes. I actually think Lorna may get two card/varient covers. One for X-Men Legends 5 or 6 and one for X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Great art. Not a big fan of the Lorna's placement, but that is besides the point and she is at least there.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-04-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I think all I can really say about this at the moment is that at least Lorna is being recognized as a meaningful part of X-Men mythos this time. Also that it's good they're using her iconic costume. I could say a lot else about poses and placement and all, but at this point I think it would be a lot of conjecture taking up a lot of time and space that won't amount to anything until there's more information.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet but these nice new throwback covers by Todd Nauck are rather great.

Of course its been many years since that era and we seem to be past the "goodrich" and her needing to dress provocitively because of her insecurities...

I think all I can really say about this at the moment is that at least Lorna is being recognized as a meaningful part of X-Men mythos this time. Also that it's good they're using her iconic costume. I could say a lot else about poses and placement and all, but at this point I think it would be a lot of conjecture taking up a lot of time and space that won't amount to anything until there's more information.
    I didnt even realize she was in this until your post and even then it took me a while to find her

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Oh... do either of you want to know about the future...?

A lot of potential between the two of them if they figure out a good way to resurrect the relationship.

Last edited by jmc247; 06-04-2021 at 12:54 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

It's nice to see Lorna there. Not sure what role she'll play, if any at all, but its cool to see Polaris included in the image of a major X-event.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I didnt even realize she was in this until your post and even then it took me a while to find her
    It's the new and improved Where's Waldo!

I didn't notice she was there at first either. For a moment I was going to ask why it was posted here, then I got a closer look. She blends in very well with the grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    It's nice to see Lorna there. Not sure what role she'll play, if any at all, but its cool to see Polaris included in the image of a major X-event.
    Her absence from the HoX/PoX picture as well as the female X-Men variant cover back in 2019 were two complaints I had when they released, so her inclusion here is a step up even if she has no role.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They aren't doing actual X-Men Cards. They're illustrating the X-Men 01 variant covers as "cards". LOL Russell Dauterman did an amazing one featuring Cyclops.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-04-2021 at 03:37 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Live on our Instagram June 4 at 4pm PT

Nerdist on Instagram
    Jordan talks about a possible foe for the new X-Men team from the Avengers? Ultron? Red Skull? Chthon?
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-04-2021 at 04:46 PM.

My immediate thought for an Avengers foe was Red Skull. Which would be a perfect opportunity to pursue and address certain things I'm not going to say much more about right now, in the off chance doing so would kill their pursuing those things. But there may be other Avengers foes that aren't on my radar and could be good for the story being told.

I thought Emma's segment was overall great. It's great to know she'd be more than happy to play Lorna again if given the chance. The event as a whole was also rather informative.

Emma was great in the presentation. She really comes alive before the camera. I hope her degree plans go well.

Yes, Herr Schmidt was one of the possibilities my mind went to when the discussion of an Avengers villain came up. Duggan did some solid work with him and Rogue a few years back. Then there are some other possibilities one might consider like something cosmic (though they might need a break from cosmic after the aliens) or even something Asgardian like Loki.