Page 48 of 105 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Emma was great in the presentation. She really comes alive before the camera. I hope her degree plans go well.

Yes, Herr Schmidt was one of the possibilities my mind went to when the discussion of an Avengers villain came up. Duggan did some solid work with him and Rogue a few years back. Then there are some other possibilities one might consider like something cosmic (though they might need a break from cosmic after the aliens) or even something Asgardian like Loki.
    The Avengers have stolen enough from the X-Men, it's time for some stuff to flow in the other direction for a little while.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Jordan talks about a possible foe for the new X-Men team from the Avengers? Ultron? Red Skull? Chthon?

Just saw Dauterman's take on Lorna's outfit and I really like it

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Just saw Dauterman's take on Lorna's outfit and I really like it
    Yeah, it did look really great. All that green energy around Lorna looked amazing.

I have to pop in just to say Lorna looked so lovely and I loved her facial expression spoilers:
    when her name was announced.
    end of spoilers
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'm assuming I shouldn't post the page we're all talking about yet cause spoilers and all. Same reason I haven't reblogged it on Tumblr yet.

spoilers:
    I think the specific page showing off the whole team is a massive improvement on Lorna's gala appearance. The dress turning into (or turning out to be) a manifestation of her powers is a major step up. Her hair being up and flowing freely really adds to it too. Gives her much more of the powerful majestic vibe it was lacking without those elements. Now personally, I would've still preferred more explicit referencing to her identity as seen in other fan made designs. But this is alright on this specific page.

I also previously suggested her dress could've shown off her powers by her using the electromagnetic spectrum to change its colors, but from a practical standpoint that wouldn't have worked very well while Synch was already working the rainbow.

I also like that this vote worked by mutants making their cases for why people should vote for them, and other mutants putting their support behind best candidates. It establishes Lorna wanted to be on the team, and in-universe voters chose her with a full awareness of options. Both great things to see.
    end of spoilers
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

https://twitter.com/ComicWatchHQ/sta...17827681951747

patrick_gleason's X-MEN #1 variant cover colored by the Eisner nominated @martegracia

X-Men #1 was a solid issue I thought.
    spoilers:

It was nice to know that the mutants of the world voted for the team including Lorna and she campaigned for their vote. Lorna when she speaks on mutant issues can be powerful and forceful, though we didn't get to exactly see what she said. Perhaps we will learn more in future issues on her goals and intentions.

Oh and artist did well at salvaging Lorna's dress.

end of spoilers

This marks the first time Lorna has been a regular on an X-Men ongoing since the mid 00's. I am a big fan of Magneto, but the rise of Magneto to X-Men ongoing regular anti-hero/anti-villain seemingly pigeonholed Lorna in terms of Marvel's view on the narrative space for her into years and years of a straight laced though occasionally unstable generic protagonist role that does not work for her for her. I am guardedly optimistic for the current era so lets see how it goes.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-10-2021 at 06:30 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

https://twitter.com/ComicWatchHQ/sta...17827681951747

patrick_gleason's X-MEN #1 variant cover colored by the Eisner nominated @martegracia
    Really loving so many of these variants.

I do wish Pepe had included Lorna's headpiece with her new costume. Really missing it, and with her representing the House of M, it makes sense for Polaris to have it.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 06-10-2021 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

I do wish Pepe had included Lorna's headpiece with her new costume. Really missing it, and with her representing the House of M, it makes sense for Polaris to have it.
    It would have been a good juxtaposition to Jean's headpiece too, since they're different styles.

I like that she's in the middle though, for this cover. And that there's rotation/variety in that kind of character featuring. Not just one character dominating.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

As someone who generally likes Lorna wearing headgear or helmets I did put the X-Men #1 Polaris cover/outfit up against some of her past headgear and it doesn't work out all that well. It works a little better with her half helmet or full helmet looks, but even there what she wore before would have to have some redesigning to work.

In terms of her representing the House of M... that is an interesting matter and I would like to see it delved into more then it has been. Hickman has presented the House of M as a faction on the island and one she is apart of, but its needed more then its gotten. Assuming Magneto is off hiding or doing an OJ in finding the real killer somewhere for the next 6 or 7 months there is going to be a leadership vacuum in the faction.

On that note in terms of Lorna's official teams in advertisement or merch like the House of X Polaris heroclix feature I do think Lorna's official teams need to get streamlined. In my view its good they kept her mind controlled or possessed teams out of being listed. After that if it were up to me I would would limit it to the X-Men, X-Factor, The Acolytes, and House of M.

Anyway.

The official trailer for X-Men #1. The inks and colors are top notch.

Last edited by jmc247; 06-10-2021 at 12:03 PM.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gam.../x-men-1-2021/

Oh and thanks, Juan.

The pictures are very high resolution. Hmm, that is an interesting scene between Rogue and Lorna we will see what becomes of them.

Last edited by jmc247; 06-10-2021 at 12:53 PM.