Page 51 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm in the minority, but as I've said before, I'm not fond of the House of M. Wanda is never going to be an X-Man, so to me its a moot point. I am happy that Lorna is being included though in promotional material. I believe it's only variants though (at least one), so who know if Polaris will have an actual role.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 06-23-2021 at 06:16 AM.

X-MEN: THE TRIAL OF MAGNETO #2 (OF 5)

LEAH WILLIAMS (W) • LUCAS WERNECK (A) • COVER BY VALERIO SCHITI
    Variant Cover by GERALD PAREL
    Variant Cover by STEPHANIE HANS
    Variant Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN
    VARIANT COVER BY David Baldeon
    HABEAS CORPSES!
    Heroes of the Marvel Universe came to Krakoa for a memorial. Now they’ve got a fight.
    Magneto pushes Krakoa and the Council to the brink!
    Also…there’s something wrong with the body...
    48 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247

By kurt.ruben

Thanks Jmc247
    Last edited by juan678; 06-24-2021 at 01:36 AM.

polaris minicameo

bleeding cool timeline helfire gala

X-Men Metal 2021 card set
    Thanks JMC247
    Last edited by juan678; 06-25-2021 at 12:34 PM.

So Mags is with Wanda again, what does this mean for Lorna? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    So Mags is with Wanda again, what does this mean for Lorna? Thoughts?
    It could mean a lot of things depending on the people involved in these plans and their attitudes about various characters.

It should mean both women being respected by Marvel to an equal amount within the relationship dynamics regardless of if Marvel considers Wanda to be or not to be Magneto's daughter. Ideally, it should also mean Lorna and Wanda getting to interact meaningfully in a way that's beneficial (note: beneficial does not mean "they have no flaws and can do nothing wrong") for both characters. But what should be and what is could differ greatly, depending on the people within Marvel working on these matters and their attitudes.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I would love for Wanda and Lorna to be sisters again.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I don't think it means much. Wanda will never be an X-Character. Her connections are the strongest with the Avengers and that won't be changing just because people want it to. Whatever happens in Trial of Magneto, I don't think we'll be seeing much of the Scarlet Witch in the X-Titles.

As for what it means for Lorna, who knows. Hopefully she'll have a part to play but I remain pessimistic in regards to that. The minute Wanda and Pietro are back in the picture, writers often exclude Polaris. Whether it be nostalgia of what was or just a lack of interest, I don't know. I don't think it'll have a huge impact on her relationship with Magneto, at least when it comes to the X-Office.

Extraordinary Member

I for one would happily see Wanda removed from X-franchise to save some space for Lorna. It doesn't benefit her anyway, might as well give the place to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    As for what it means for Lorna, who knows. Hopefully she'll have a part to play but I remain pessimistic in regards to that. The minute Wanda and Pietro are back in the picture, writers often exclude Polaris. Whether it be nostalgia of what was or just a lack of interest, I don't know. I don't think it'll have a huge impact on her relationship with Magneto, at least when it comes to the X-Office.
    Well, when it comes to the past decade, I can say that a certain person at Marvel was the reason Lorna was excluded from a lot of Magnus family content until the Axis retcon happened. Hopefully either that person's attitude has changed, or other people are overseeing the matter.

In the late 00s, Marvel had no problem at all respecting both of them as Magneto's daughters in non-616 content. We had the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon, Jeff Parker's Exiles, and Fantastic Force (if you want to count it), all of which made space for both women and let them interact as sisters. It's only when certain biases and selfishness showed up that we started seeing Marvel act poorly.

Edit: I say non-616 content because when it comes to 616 content, there could be arguments over the early 00s, and late 00s didn't spend any time on it.
    Last edited by salarta; 06-24-2021 at 09:59 AM.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It could mean a lot of things depending on the people involved in these plans and their attitudes about various characters.

It should mean both women being respected by Marvel to an equal amount within the relationship dynamics regardless of if Marvel considers Wanda to be or not to be Magneto's daughter. Ideally, it should also mean Lorna and Wanda getting to interact meaningfully in a way that's beneficial (note: beneficial does not mean "they have no flaws and can do nothing wrong") for both characters. But what should be and what is could differ greatly, depending on the people within Marvel working on these matters and their attitudes.
    I agree, this can go either way. Wanda has had too much exposure in Marvel and it’s time for Polaris to get that for a change. As for Magneto’s trial, it may get more exposure for Polaris if they handle it right.
    Last edited by Angleman70; 06-24-2021 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    I agree, this can go either way. Wanda has had too much exposure in Marvel and it’s time for Polaris to get that for a change. As for Magneto’s trial, it may get more exposure for Polaris if they handle it right.
    I don't have any issue with Wanda's exposure. But there are some people at Marvel who seem to subscribe to the idea of artificial scarcity of roles for female characters, and also seem to think Lorna is undeserving of anything good. That combination leads to them thinking there can only be one daughter of Magneto, and only Wanda can fill the role. Whereas non-616 content in the late 00s proves both characters can get great usage and respect as sisters and daughters of Magneto, in the hands of people that are able to set aside any negative assumptions and biases they have to make good content.

Edit: Or to put it another way, certain people at Marvel would like thinking to be as if the two are competing for a limited role. And all the pointless infighting and character attacks it would create. I refuse to go along with those aims.
    Last edited by salarta; 06-24-2021 at 11:45 AM.

X-Men Legends #5 variant cover.

Well done by the artist even if I have grown tired of the generic green costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I don't think it means much. Wanda will never be an X-Character. Her connections are the strongest with the Avengers and that won't be changing just because people want it to. Whatever happens in Trial of Magneto, I don't think we'll be seeing much of the Scarlet Witch in the X-Titles.

Its a reasonable long term worry given what happened to Lorna post Decimation for nearly a decade. Wanda became all important due to Decimation and Lorna became irrelevant even on the x-books and her family connections were ignored. It didn't have to be that way though.

While Lorna is on X-Men I am not worried about Wanda overshadowing her. She didn't during Austen's run when they were similar importance. It was after Lorna was regressed back into not caring about mutant anything post M-Day and people stopped caring about the character that Wanda was able to easily outpace her.

Wanda and Lorna can both be related to Magneto and have their stories respected as did happen at least in the start of the 00s. This isn't the Highlander there is no reason there can be only one other then a lack of imagination.

Oh, and juan thanks for posting. I noticed Gambit there starring. Hmmm.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-26-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I do LOVE the Gerard Parel variant cover...it's screen wallpaper worthy.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!