Page 52 of 105 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Both of these are by serge_towers. 1, 2.

This one is by coppertd. There might be a color version in the future, but this is what the artist has put up so far.

I like when pieces have Lorna manipulating the metal parts of her outfit like this. It highlights her powers while playing up her outfit as a part of her identity in that sense.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

By Mike McKone

Also the X-Men Upper Deck Metal card set is out.

The first card would be one of Prisoner of X Lorna whose mini had the best fight scene of the past decade for the character. No kid gloves were on in that battle.

I see they’re doing that thing again where they use power grids to claim Lorna has only average intelligence despite having the exact same educational background as Havok. Further reiterating disrespect and veiled sexism of the past.

Unless, of course, they brought Havok’s number down to 2. But that’s highly unlikely.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Its interesting how even though its not been seen in the comics since 2005 or early 2006 interest in the Reload costume has not died. The costume becomes connected to the era and represents it in many ways. I guess that is a lot of my issue with her generic green space costume. Its lack of complexity and genericness in many ways for me symbolized Lorna's character wearing it.

As for the issue of Prisoner of X Lorna's stats it is a whole different universe where for all we know she never went to college or even high school. 616 Lorna certainly would deserve higher stats then that in both intelligence and energy projection at very least regardless of any other characters stats.

Anyway art.

By Tim Shinn

Link
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-29-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Color version of the coppertd picture I posted before.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That McKone art is beauty-full!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Not much to say about Lorna in X-Factor. We see more of her reaction to wining the election, and a brief exchange with Magneto. That's about it.

I will say I enjoy the rapport Lorna has developed with Northstar. It's one thing I've enjoyed in this run, and I hope we can see it continue with time.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Her headgear is effectively a symbol for her in the same way as Magneto's helmet is a symbol for him, and Wanda's headgear is a symbol for her. Making it was also one of the most popular single scenes of Lorna on Gifted (even though it was part of season 2).
    Perhaps but she looks much better without it imo and less like a mini Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    Perhaps but she looks much better without it imo and less like a mini Scarlet Witch.
    It's kinda strange to see the "she's like a Wanda palette swap" type of talk lately when it wasn't around before. Especially when an easier visual comparison point would be Enchantress.

They both have similar headgear matching their colors, and that's one visual facet to appeal of them as sisters. It's not a bug, it's a feature. Aside from that, it worked out extremely well on Marvel Puzzle Quest as an icon for her.

Plus I could argue having one allows her to retain a smidge of the visual connection to her peers. Jean has headgear. Storm often has headgear. You noted Wanda. It provides a subtle indicator of how long she's existed in a time when Marvel hasn't done anything (at least yet) to make it clear to people that she's existed as long as she has.

I have grown irritated with her space adventures costume. It has come to represent for me the current era of Lorna being not provocative, not exciting, and not very deep. I don't have the same feeling about her classic numbers nor her Genosha outfit.

Last edited by jmc247; 06-30-2021 at 03:03 PM.

This is body paint cosplay by MCroft07. This is actually a screencap of a video she posted on her Twitter account, since I don't have an image of her with it and I can't embed Twitter video (that I'm aware of) here.

She said she paints them live on her Twitch account. Took her 9 hours to paint on herself, then 4 hours to animate.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's kinda strange to see the "she's like a Wanda palette swap" type of talk lately when it wasn't around before. Especially when an easier visual comparison point would be Enchantress.

They both have similar headgear matching their colors, and that's one visual facet to appeal of them as sisters. It's not a bug, it's a feature. Aside from that, it worked out extremely well on Marvel Puzzle Quest as an icon for her.

Plus I could argue having one allows her to retain a smidge of the visual connection to her peers. Jean has headgear. Storm often has headgear. You noted Wanda. It provides a subtle indicator of how long she's existed in a time when Marvel hasn't done anything (at least yet) to make it clear to people that she's existed as long as she has.
    eh I don't think that is true I heard that complaint way back when although not as much as its is now since scarlet witch is much more known to mainstream audiences now...that said I think Polaris just looks better without it I get your last point but Polaris has been getting more attention thankfully in recent years and she can do it without that crown and the inveitable and annoying comparisons to scarlet witch....even on gifted videos the comments range from scarlet witch lesser to worse etc.

Lorna has had the headgear for quite some time now even though she’s not wearing it recently. She is also Magneto’s daughter and it’s a symbol to her so comparing her to Wanda’s makes Lorna inferior. They both can have their headgear.

It was ‘meh’ to me as well. I did notice she’s drinking again, which Mags makes a point to tell her she’s representing the House of M. That was maybe a foreshadowing of her having a drinking problem again? Hope that’s not the case. I also liked the conversation with Northstar. What I noticed with that was she told him she was thinking of leaving Xfactor for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    Lorna has had the headgear for quite some time now even though she’s not wearing it recently. She is also Magneto’s daughter and it’s a symbol to her so comparing her to Wanda’s makes Lorna inferior. They both can have their headgear.
    Is it a symbol to her and if so what does it mean? I know it was a symbol to The Gifted Lorna as they dealt with the issue. I also know Magneto's helmet is a symbol to him given they dealt with the issue decades ago.