Page 55 of 105 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Hey ya'll. Our girl is BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I just love how everyone felt like an MVP in this. I don't think Duggan is getting enough credit for a number one issue where he opened the team as a unit. These are people who have history that can be explored later. I truly appreciated it wasn't a cliche "Getting to know you." It was like "you know me, i know you, i kind of know you, let's do this!."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Haven't been able to read X-Men #1 yet

Did Lorna have a good showing ?
    The Polaris Council has convened and voted unanimously that yes she did.

From the previews, I thought this issue was going to be all action. But it had a lot of great moments. I liked it a lot more than I expected I would for a first issue.

spoilers:
    First and foremost, Lorna really felt like her own character as she was talking with Cyclops during the tour. That they're two people with their own thoughts and perspectives. I think it also made the entire tour itself all the more intriguing - that it led to the tour feeling special rather than a rote thing. I also liked that Lorna made an explicit note that if the monster was made of metal then it's a metal she can't manipulate. Delves into how not all metals are instantly magnetic. I think that's also a good sign for future power usage because it shows Duggan's thinking about how her powers can or can't apply in situations. But overall, her personality was great, and I'd say the best I've seen for her in half a decade.
    end of spoilers
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    The Polaris Council has convened and voted unanimously that yes she did.

From the previews, I thought this issue was going to be all action. But it had a lot of great moments. I liked it a lot more than I expected I would for a first issue.

spoilers:
    First and foremost, Lorna really felt like her own character as she was talking with Cyclops during the tour. That they're two people with their own thoughts and perspectives. I think it also made the entire tour itself all the more intriguing - that it led to the tour feeling special rather than a rote thing. I also liked that Lorna made an explicit note that if the monster was made of metal then it's a metal she can't manipulate. Delves into how not all metals are instantly magnetic. I think that's also a good sign for future power usage because it shows Duggan's thinking about how her powers can or can't apply in situations. But overall, her personality was great, and I'd say the best I've seen for her in half a decade.
    end of spoilers
    I dont know if it was mentioned, but pairing up those two here was very reminiscent of Hickman doing the same in his X-men #1

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Yes! I adore the Mutant princess angle. I was so excited to see Duggan approaching Polaris like that. I think this bodes well for the future.
    The term mutant princess would be apt as well. I believe DnA coined it when they wrote Lorna in War of Kings calling her use in the crossover like that of a rogue princess or exiled countess. It was the most I have enjoyed reading a comic depiction of Lorna since Secret War House of M or War of Kings (at least the political intrigue with Crystal and Luna) in the 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes! She is back.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-07-2021 at 12:42 PM.

I was finally able to read the issue
    Duggan didn't disappoint me
    I can't wait to read more (especially with Lorna and Jean who will team up in the next issue)

Lorna was great in this issue. Duggan does really well with her voice and it seems like she will have a lot of personality. She of course had a good showing with the use of her powers too. No complaints from me about Lorna in X-men 1. I loved both Lorna and Synch in this issue. I hope good things for everyone on the new X-men team. I do think we are in good hands with Duggan.

By Lynne Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The Lorna/Rogue moment was really nice too given the Austen run. With Lorna immediately identifying Rogue as a friend and not being shy about it. Also her telling rogue she owes her one and rogue impying we are going to be together a long time, i'm sure i'll need it. It was very subtle but it showed this team is expecting to be together for awhile and to connect with each other imo.
    It did remind me of their Austen era stuff which is very much a positive.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRCMayKsEL5/
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-07-2021 at 05:08 PM.

Finally! Polaris is where she needs to be! On a flagship title! Art beautiful, dialogue was great for her throughout the issue. Treehouse hq, stunning! Although there this was the first issue, the team as a team without the danger room training speaks volumes on how well these X-men can work together. Can’t even imagine what comes next. I’m strapped in and ready for the ride!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Today she was wonderful in this issue, I can't wait for more big moments like these, she deserves ����

Attachment 111264
    This and her tour with Scott in the tree house were my favorite moments from her in the issue
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Polaris is back!! Her defender attitude and personality were accurate and she was powerful and skilled! Really hope we keep this energy during this run of X-Men!

Polaris stans, we rise! It is our time!

I wanted this feat to repeat itself today. Most or all of Lorna's feats weren't being powered by some outside force, like some Magneto moments, and that's amazing.

X-factor (1996) #123
    tumblr_inline_oign2yRUM81u5ubm3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_inline_oign6luMHA1u5ubm3_540.jpgtumblr_inline_oign8tdIpm1u5ubm3_1280.jpg

Last edited by juan678; 07-08-2021 at 03:49 PM.

Lorna and that coffee cup!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Loved, Lorna confident, assertive, with a tad bit of I'm better than you! Which she is and did anyone else gasp as she casually mentions destroying the Earth's magnetic field. I hope to see lots of interactions between Lorna, Rogue, Jean, and Wolverine.