Page 69 of 105 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1571

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

Lorna Dane by Lucas Werneck
    Werneck’s art is quite good and much more fitting the serious atmosphere of a detective story then X-Factor had. Though I will say Baldeón did a fine Lorna costume and it was nice it had a House of M feel to it.

Here is to hoping the Axis retcon comes down, but I don’t really have any hope for Lorna and Magneto the next few years. Though they will dig out of it in time when they have a common foe and goal.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Werneck’s art is quite good and much more fitting the serious atmosphere of a detective story then X-Factor had. Though I will say Baldeón did a fine Lorna costume and it was nice it had a House of M feel to it.
    Agreed I didnīt dislike Baldeonīs art and his costumes for the characters were good but I like that Werneckīs art gives the stoy more mystery

Here is to hoping the Axis retcon comes down, but I don’t really have any hope for Lorna and Magneto the next few years. Though they will dig out of it in time when they have a common foe and goal.
    I am in a wait and see for the Axis retcon,like I know that tecnically ToM could undo it but I am not quite sure thatīs going to happen and I am in no rush for it to happen either, if itīs undone, it will be if it isnt then that will be it, I guess. The main problem I see is that Marvel swore at the time the retcon didnīt have any movie rights motivations and that they had an actual story behind the it so I can see them keeping it for this reason.

Now in Lorna and Magneto case I think I will wait for next wednesday to see what take will Leah give it but if itīs anything close to their Gala scenes then I agree with you, the next few years wonīt be good for them, especially if ToM ends in a falling out between them but of course Duggan is writting Lorna as well and I could see him bringing Magneto over for a short scene so it will also depend on his take on their relationship and we have not seen whatīs it. So I guess we will see what Leah and Duggan do with them and in the mean time I think itīs good that the two of them are having their own stories. I loved Lorna and Jeanīs team up on X-men.

I think her costume looks better with the cape

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-14-2021 at 03:53 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Now in Lorna and Magneto case I think I will wait for next wednesday to see what take will Leah give it but if itīs anything close to their Gala scenes then I agree with you, the next few years wonīt be good for them, especially if ToM ends in a falling out between them but of course Duggan is writting Lorna as well and I could see him bringing Magneto over for a short scene so it will also depend on his take on their relationship and we have not seen whatīs it. So I guess we will see what Leah and Duggan do with them and in the mean time I think itīs good that the two of them are having their own stories. I loved Lorna and Jeanīs team up on X-men.
    Duggan has been kicking ass with Emma and the Cuckoos family relations and interaction. Actually a lot of family relationships including the Summers clan have been well handled in the Krakoa era.

Lorna and Magneto no not at all. I hope for the best from the trial, but a lot of their interaction to date has been toxic and not in a good way. I don’t know where either character has been coming from with their interaction.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-14-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Emma and the Cuckoos and Scott and Jean already had some background from their previous interactions during Bendis run so I can see why they donīt have problems but on Lorna and Magnetoīs case it feels like sometimes they get along and sometimes heīs angry at her and Lorna gets nervous for no reason. This is why I am hoping Duggan writes them together with a different take, otherwise we will be left with Leahīs take and if thatīs the case, it may be best for them to stop interacting until thereīs a writer that has a better idea of how to handle them.

Like this happened in the same Gala and it makes no sense to me, I hoped the writers were working more close together but it looks like two completely different narratives between them:

This is from the Hellions issue:
    RCO013_1622635843 (2).jpg

This is from X-factor issue:
    RCO006_1625078539 (2).jpg
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-14-2021 at 05:08 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

He did some art for Jean too, I will share them on Jeanīs thread
    Thanks Lucy!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

No problem

I think her costume looks better with the cape

I agree. The cape makes it scream "Polaris". This is a total gorgeous Lorna look from the costume to the hair and face!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Yes, I like her new costume but I think she should always keep her tiara and her cape

Yes, I like her new costume but I think she should always keep her tiara and her cape
    Yes, me too! A big tiara like in the pic with the cape.

Ultimate Member

Well remember that Magneto does have a LONG history of alienating his children so it wouldn't be the craziest thing to happen, and Alex wouldn't have to play any part in it for it to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, me too! A big tiara like in the pic with the cape.
    Agreed she can change the colors or the uniform but she should keep those so sheīs always recognizable as Polaris

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well remember that Magneto does have a LONG history of alienating his children so it wouldn't be the craziest thing to happen, and Alex wouldn't have to play any part in it for it to happen...
    Sigh yes I know but unlike Pietro and Wanda, they got along or at least were on good terms so if they do have a separation it will be a shame but I could understand it if itīs well written and I agree Alex should not be part of it and I never said he should be. I personally like Alex and wish him the best, I just donīt like him with Lorna.

Emma and the Cuckoos and Scott and Jean already had some background from their previous interactions during Bendis run so I can see why they donīt have problems but on Lorna and Magnetoīs case it feels like sometimes they get along and sometimes heīs angry at her and Lorna gets nervous for no reason. This is why I am hoping Duggan writes them together with a different take, otherwise we will be left with Leahīs take and if thatīs the case, it may be best for them to stop interacting until thereīs a writer that has a better idea of how to handle them.

Like this happened in the same Gala and it makes no sense to me, I hoped the writers were working more close together but it looks like two completely different narratives between them:

This is from the Hellions issue:
    RCO013_1622635843 (2).jpg

This is from X-factor issue:
    RCO006_1625078539 (2).jpg
    They hard divorced the politics or big issues from their interaction (this issue predates X-Factor and even Bunn's run) and it has meant writers in general have been cutting and pasting family relationship pathos without grounding.

The problem with the current House of M and that is what it is being called right now even in Marvel interviews and the comics is its not just lacking members it doesn't feel like an actual team nor a unit. What made the House of M work in the actual HoM universe was they felt like a super powered family team turned royals with their own squabbles yes, but there was always an overarching goal beyond their 'feels' or their squabbles. I am not sure what if any goal or objective they have right now and it doesn't feel like there is one.

I do think they are setting up a schism between Lorna and Magneto, but it doesn't feel as though there is an meat there right now to lose at the moment anyway.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-14-2021 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    They hard divorced the politics or big issues from their interaction (this issue predates X-Factor and even Bunn's run) and it has meant writers in general have been cutting and pasting family relationship pathos without grounding that what each of them believes gives them.

The problem with the current House of M and that is what it is being called right now even in Marvel interviews and the comics is its not just lacking members it doesn't feel like an actual team nor a unit. What made the House of M work in the actual HoM universe was they felt like a super powered family team with their own squabbles yes, but there was always an overarching goal beyond their 'feels' or their squabbles. I am not sure what if any goal or objective they have right now and it doesn't feel like there is one.

I do think they are setting up a schism between Lorna and Magneto, but it doesn't feel as though there is anything there between them right now to lose at the moment anyway.
    Agreed, unlike the Summers and even House of X with Charles, David and Xandra, the House of M is looking very hollow and just there, thereīs no much being done with it besides Magneto and Lorna own different work at different parts of Krakoa so I see your point, the problem is that right now I donīt think the writers seem interested or even aware of the initial relationship they had, or the politics they shared on Genosha, so we are left with just some scenes of them being father and daughter and thatīs it.

I liked some of Hickmanīs stuff and he did came with the expression about HoM "The strength of the HoM must never be questioned" the problem is that Lorna said this in an ironic way, meaning she may not share the sentiment even if she agreed to go on that mission, and we donīt know if HoM just means their strenghts in battle or also as a political force, or a unit that represents something on Krakoa. Right now they are not even a family unit so itīs hard to see them representing something on Krakoa as a unit besides their separate acomplishments.

So my guess is that we need to wait for a writer that has a specific idea of what to do with the HoM as a unit on Krakoa, because right now it looks like they wonīt be a family unit in the near time. Of course Leah could make me change my mind with ToM but I get the sense that scene from the Gala was a preview on itself of whatīs coming for Lorna and Magneto in ToM. I hope I am wrong and at the end we find them more focused and united but I donīt think this will happen soon and we must also consider Duggan own plans for Lorna in his title.

Ultimate Member

Agreed she can change the colors or the uniform but she should keep those so sheīs always recognizable as Polaris

Sigh yes I know but unlike Pietro and Wanda, they got along or at least were on good terms so if they do have a separation it will be a shame but I could understand it if itīs well written and I agree Alex should not be part of it and I never said he should be. I personally like Alex and wish him the best, I just donīt like him with Lorna.
    I didn't say that Alex should be a part of any split between Magneto and Lorna, only that the two could split with Alex playing no part in the reasons for it and yet he'd still some or much of the blame for it...and yes I still want Alex and Lorna together, I know that statement just bowled salarta over in shock

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I didn't say that Alex should be a part of any split between Magneto and Lorna, only that the two could split with Alex playing no part in the reasons for it and yet he'd still some or much of the blame for it...
    Oh ok I would not blame Alex at all, Lorna and Magneto have their own issues and he has more than enough having to deal with Sinister on his own, if I were him I would not have so much patience with him

and yes I still want Alex and Lorna together, I know that statement just bowled salarta over in shock
    lol you know, I personally donīt like them together not so much because I donīt think they would not work, itīs more like my first experience with them as a couple was their failed wedding and sometimes I get the sense Lorna does what Alex ask of her to help him while he doesnīt seem too ready to do the same for her and also given Alex already had a marriage with Wasp and a romantic relationship with Maddie, I believe is only fair for Lorna to have some different relationshipīs as well.

I guess what I am saying is that if they are going to end up together at some point, I would not like to see those issues been left behind and ignored but addressed properly in a way that helps to develop both of their characters and helps us see them as a couple in a positive way imo.