Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1571

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I do not. I can say I hope she has a decent role in the Trial of Magneto.
    lol I don't expect anything from Leah writing Polaris..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    One thing I liked about the House of M concept and really thought worked in that House of M universe was the family could work together or disagree and fight, but at the end of the day the interests of the collective unit and its mission was always more important and overarching. The only writing that I think badly differed from that notion out of many comics was Pietro's actions in Secret War House of M which really should have stayed with the idea to Pietro starting a war because his father wanted one not because he had a hankering for the throne.

We are supposed to believe now the House of M has been resurrected on Krakoa, but it doesn't feel like it even with its members down to two (which might or might not rise) because we don't even know what their struggle is, what they represent, nor what they want to accomplish.

Marvel needs to build the concept of what the 616 HoM is and what it represents before trying to sell the concept. Perhaps this mini will do that or perhaps not, but at this point the 616 HoM is a concept without any definition.

Magneto almost took ok the council over Wanda. The numbers of the House of M gave risen.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Krakoa is a far far different ideology to HoM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Krakoa is a far far different ideology to HoM.
    Krakoa is made up of a bunch of people/families with different ideologies that have made compromises to their own favored set of ideological views for the greater good of the collective whole.

We know what Lorna and Magneto's ideology on Genosha was of mutant nationalist and militarist state akin to pre-WW1 Germany or Britain. That became central to the ideology of the House of M version of the family that everyone right now thinks of when they think of House of M.

Right now I can't say what the theme or underlying idea is with Lorna or Magneto other then they believe Krakoa is better then the alternative of no homeland. Lorna has been written with a character without an worldview for a long time thanks to her history on Genosha being memory holed.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-24-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Maybe Polaris needs to do more stuff outside the X-Men. I’m happy for the first time she made the main team of X-Men.

But particularly when they restore the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to being Magneto’s children Polaris should be ambassador to the Kree/Skrulls Alliance, as her nephew married the Emperor. If the Inhumans are still a thing have her as ambassador to the Inhumans. I liked her friendship with Crystal and her niece Luna. She had her own interactions with them had nothing to to her brother Quicksilver directly. So that’s what I mean. Give Lorna her own unique job within the X-Men like the protagonist characters do.
    I would say the real problem is she's not doing enough inside the X-Men.

Most of the time, when (if) she's used, it's for fleeting moments and minor side teams. This past decade, every team Marvel had her on in a regular fashion had X-Factor in the title. In each case, Marvel's approach to X-Factor was that its members did smaller side stuff that had little to no effect or value for X-Men as a whole. The books were very much framed in a sense of "It's kinda sorta nice, if you like going into the weeds with lesser characters and all, but not exactly among our most important top tier comics." Marvel isn't beating down the doors of Krakoa with Harrison Snow or anything.

There's been no semblance of recognition that Lorna in the X-Men franchise is more than just books titled X-Factor. And that's a huge part of the problem for her. She should be treated like the 53 year old character she is. Marvel instead tends to treat her like she was created in the 90s or more recent. The things you suggest could be nice on a broader Marvel universe scale some day, but they're not what she needs right now. She needs things that acknowledge who she is and what she's been through. Until that happens, ideas like being an ambassador for galactic Marvel characters will fail. And we even know they'll do the opposite and hurt her because that's what going to space did to her in the late 00s. It took nearly a decade just for her to be involved in X-Men events again, and her time with Genosha and the genocide continues to be ignored.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Magneto almost took ok the council over Wanda. The numbers of the House of M gave risen.
    The membership only grows if Wanda consents to be apart. The House of M in the end only works as a family and a cause otherwise its just a fictional family that doesn’t deserve the title.

In Wolverine and the X-Men the animated series the House of M existed. They were both a family and a cause.

In the House of M universe the family also certainly existed as both a family and a cause. If one sees the House of M as just a screwed up family one is missing the boat and if they are written as just a screwed up family with no greater agenda or something they represent they aren't the House of M.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-25-2021 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

Most of the time, when (if) she's used, it's for fleeting moments and minor side teams. This past decade, every team Marvel had her on in a regular fashion had X-Factor in the title. In each case, Marvel's approach to X-Factor was that its members did smaller side stuff that had little to no effect or value for X-Men as a whole. The books were very much framed in a sense of "It's kinda sorta nice, if you like going into the weeds with lesser characters and all, but not exactly among our most important top tier comics." Marvel isn't beating down the doors of Krakoa with Harrison Snow or anything.

There's been no semblance of recognition that Lorna in the X-Men franchise is more than just books titled X-Factor. And that's a huge part of the problem for her. She should be treated like the 53 year old character she is. Marvel instead tends to treat her like she was created in the 90s or more recent. The things you suggest could be nice on a broader Marvel universe scale some day, but they're not what she needs right now. She needs things that acknowledge who she is and what she's been through. Until that happens, ideas like being an ambassador for galactic Marvel characters will fail. And we even know they'll do the opposite and hurt her because that's what going to space did to her in the late 00s. It took nearly a decade just for her to be involved in X-Men events again, and her time with Genosha and the genocide continues to be ignored.
    Agreed. She FINALLY got a good place within the X-men. The last thing they need to do is spread her out

BANNED

I am in no way, shape, or form saying she leave the X-Men. She can have those Ambassadors jobs while meaning in the main team. Emma is the White Queen of Hellifire Trading and sells Krakoan drugs around the World. Why cannot Lorna have a job unique to her awhile being on the main team of X-Men?

BANNED

Assuming that make Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch Magneto’s children, Lorna could be the go between ego smoothes tvubvs between the X-Men and Avengers.

I do agree she should get more stuff to do within the X-Men. Lorna is a scientist. She studies geophysics. Her scientific background should be remembered. She could cobble up technical devices.

Her and Jean combing powers to do a MRI scan is the first realization I have seen if this in ages.

And how well would she work with her sister the Scarlet Witch?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Agreed. She FINALLY got a good place within the X-men. The last thing they need to do is spread her out
    Not spread her out. Make her place in the team more unique by giving her specific work to do in the context of the team and Krakoa.

Quick Question. I always thought Lorna's hair was always green, she just dyed it brown.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I am in no way, shape, or form saying she leave the X-Men. She can have those Ambassadors jobs while meaning in the main team. Emma is the White Queen of Hellifire Trading and sells Krakoan drugs around the World. Why cannot Lorna have a job unique to her awhile being on the main team of X-Men?
    While it's good to know you're not suggesting she leave X-Men, unfortunately I think that kind of role still would be bad for her right now. Given Marvel's past behavior, I could see that very easily leading to her getting shunted off the X-books and mutant affairs and into random appearances as a supporting character for stories outside of X-Men. Put her in the role during a run, end the run, not know what to do with her after the run and then decide it's easier to keep her in that role full-time than try to understand where she genuinely fits within X-Men. Characters like Lorna tend to suffer from writers and editors looking for easy ways out of putting much thought into what they do with them.

Not spread her out. Make her place in the team more unique by giving her specific work to do in the context of the team and Krakoa.
    I agree that specific work in the context of the team and Krakoa would be good. Where I disagree is that work involving things outside of X-Men. I've had one specific possibility in mind since HoX/PoX, but there's also plenty more that would tie into the franchise and Lorna's history with it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Quick Question. I always thought Lorna's hair was always green, she just dyed it brown.
    Per her origin story, her hair was originally brown. It turned green when her mutation manifested as a kid. At some point between then and X-Men #49, she started dyeing it brown to "avoid attracting the curious." Exactly whose idea that was and their true reasons for it remains unknown.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Per her origin story, her hair was originally brown. It turned green when her mutation manifested as a kid. At some point between then and X-Men #49, she started dyeing it brown to "avoid attracting the curious." Exactly whose idea that was and their true reasons for it remains unknown.
    Thank you.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Before Lorna does anything significant related to mutant issues which she hasn't done in over two decades they need to explain her own views and their status quo taking into account the character and her history. Not taking into account the events from her own history and writing her around the plot is how we get character incoherence for Lorna.

I am perfectly fine with a degree redefinition as Duggan has done in X-Men. But, an altered persona is not the same as a completely altered core to the character.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-25-2021 at 08:13 AM.

Found some powergrid stats from Polaris.. It reminds me of a doubt I've always had, so Polaris' powers aren't psionic in origin the same as Magneto and Storm?