Page 8 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    You're welcome!

I guess it was just a coincidence? I don't think there was a connection. We don't even know Polaris' adoptive parents names, or the surname of Zusanna. A lot left to flesh out when it comes to Lorna's past.
    Yes. I might go back and re-read some of those original stories. Sometimes there can be little clues and such, but I know that there is nothing there that will answer these questions as they have not been disclosed.

But I also want to have a look-see again at the bluish teal costume Lorna wore!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So I have a question about Lorna's parents.

In the issue before Lorna's introduction, the man running the modeling campaign where Jean was working was named "Mr Dane". I have never heard anyone mention this before. It seems too coincidental. What is known about Lorna's parents?
    Yeah, as others have said all we really know is her mother Suzanna had an affair with Magneto that led to Lorna, her mother and stepfather Arnold argued on a plane about her paternity which led to Lorna crashing the plane and killing them, and she ended up in the adopted care of Mr. and Mrs. Dane.

Maybe there was some original plan to do something involving the man who was running the modeling campaign and it got axed. Just as it was very apparent how Lorna was meant to be Magneto's daughter from the start but it got retconned shortly after her introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    When Lorna first appeared in San Francisco, she mentions something like she lives 1200 miles east of there and was confused as to how she arrived. Jean's modeling with "Mr Dane" was in New York City at the same time Lorna showed up on panel. Was there ever any mention of which state Lorna was from or where she grew up/lived?
    I'm a bit too tired and lazy right now to double check Lorna's intro issues, but I think something more specific was mentioned in them. I remember making a post one time about that 1200 miles east distance and how that means she somehow made it most of the way across the country under Mesmero's hypnosis and only just nearly got run over when Iceman happened to be nearby.

In other news, there's a rumor going around that the next episode of Wandavision will have Lorna reprising her role as Lorna. I know, I know, rumors abound and it's unlikely, but may as well share while I'm posting.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Yeah, as others have said all we really know is her mother Suzanna had an affair with Magneto that led to Lorna, her mother and stepfather Arnold argued on a plane about her paternity which led to Lorna crashing the plane and killing them, and she ended up in the adopted care of Mr. and Mrs. Dane.

Maybe there was some original plan to do something involving the man who was running the modeling campaign and it got axed. Just as it was very apparent how Lorna was meant to be Magneto's daughter from the start but it got retconned shortly after her introduction.

I'm a bit too tired and lazy right now to double check Lorna's intro issues, but I think something more specific was mentioned in them. I remember making a post one time about that 1200 miles east distance and how that means she somehow made it most of the way across the country under Mesmero's hypnosis and only just nearly got run over when Iceman happened to be nearby..
    Thank you.

Yes, that is how I remember it too---Lorna almost getting run over but for Bobby. (This also opens many questions like why did her fog start to lift then, when she was not at her destination, and it confused her when it did, leading to her almost being run over?)
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Addendum to the rumor I mentioned previously. Another fan noticed that the official The Gifted instagram account made a post to promote Wandavision a week ago. It's notable because besides a couple COVID-related posts, that account hasn't posted anything that wasn't about the show, and rarely posts at all anymore (this is its only post since April 2020).

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'd be very surprised if Polaris shows up in that show, and honestly, really don't think she will. A Pietro popping up makes sense, because she knew one, but she doesn't know Lorna at all and they don't even have much of a relationship in the comics.

Realistically yeah, it's highly unlikely Lorna will show up on Wandavision. But I wouldn't use amount of interaction in the comics as a bar of measurement in this case. MCU generally tends to be much better than the comics, so I think it's not totally outside the realm of possibility. They do have some comics history to draw from. It's also possible that they saw interest in Lorna and Wanda spending time together and parallels between them noted by fans and decided to seize on it - regardless of whether they're sisters or not.

Edit: Also I'd be pretty curious as to what Emma Dumont's been doing lately. She's had a few smaller parts while she's going for a degree, but the only big acting thing she's done this past year that we're aware of is the Wrong Turn reboot releasing tomorrow. And yeah, I know, COVID, but there have still been acting gigs during this even if they're altered or smaller projects.
    Last edited by salarta; 01-25-2021 at 05:30 PM.

So Polaris is one of the suggestions for the X-Men team
    I doubt she gets enough votes, but it's nice to see her on the list
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 01-26-2021 at 04:19 AM.

I dont know why they put her and other people that are currently in ongoings on there, as its highly unlikely that they will end up being on this team for obvious reasons. I dont think this would bode well for Lorna anyway as Hickman clearly doesnt want her if her inclusion would only be dependent on a fan vote. That final member seems to be inconsequential

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over the moon to see Lorna there. I love the way Hickman writers her, and would love to see her on the team. I see no reason as to why she can't be on X-Men and X-Factor, other characters have done it, and I'm all for that.

Sunspot is also on this list, and with him being a top five fave of Hickman, I have a hard time believing this spot is for nothing. Perhaps Polaris might not have much to do at first, or could join later, but I doubt Hickman would have any of these characters join for nothing. An X-Men/Uncanny X-Men relaunch will likely sell well so there is plenty of time to eventually develop a plot for whoever joins (fingers crossed its Polaris!!!).

So these are my thoughts, which I may add to later.

If Lorna had been given proper treatment and respect these past few years, I would say she shouldn't be on the list. For one, a lot of other characters on the list aren't as known as her and deserve a shot too. For another, I've always said my view is Lorna's an A-lister that Marvel keeps treating like she's a D-lister, meaning she should be so respected and well used in general by the company that she wouldn't end up on a poll like this to begin with.

But, circumstances being what they are, I support her being on the poll.

Which then gets us to the voting.

I doubt she's going to win. Not from lack of interest or potential, but because Marvel's essentially stacked the deck against her.

For one, many people on the voting thread have already said they're not voting for her entirely because she's "already on X-Factor." That they'd vote for her if she wasn't already on a book, any book, no matter what it is or what it's doing with her. For another, we have X-Factor fans who have a vested interest in Lorna staying on X-Factor - meaning if joining X-Men means Lorna leaving X-Factor, those fans will not only not vote for Lorna, they'll try to dissuade others from voting for her too. Third, we have the potential impact of how Marvel's been treating her. With the way Marvel's treated her these past few years, I can very easily see a casual fan, not aware of Lorna's true potential (as Marvel's been misrepresenting and misusing her), deciding she's "not interesting" enough to vote for. Lastly, timing and reach has an impact. What are the chances of all Lorna fans voting in the poll before it closes on February 2?

All of the above assuming the poll is truly, genuinely allowing fans to vote instead of being a PR ploy and the character's already been decided. And it has IP detection and similar tools to ensure a single fan or group of fans can't repeatedly vote for their faves.

All of that said, I'm still planning to vote for Lorna, and to encourage others to vote for her too.

It's a bit like voting in U.S. elections in general. Even if you think it's rigged or your candidate has no chance, it doesn't hurt to submit a ballot anyway. Worst case scenario is you just wasted a little time. Best case scenario, you're wrong and they win. Or the company might see interest in spite of their past actions working against her. Either way, you're demonstrating your interest and intent (that Lorna deserves better from Marvel) by the act of your vote.
    Last edited by salarta; 01-26-2021 at 10:26 AM.

I think Lorna has a pretty good shot. She's one of the more popular characters of the list. However, I do see a lot of people not wanting to give her a vote due to her being on X-Factor. I think that will hurt her chances, but I'm feeling kinda optimist on this idk why.

I wonder if Hickman picked this list personally, or if the X-Office nominated random characters. If so, I'm curious as to why they included Polaris seeing as how she is the only one with a featured role in a title. Armor is showing up in Sword, but it seems more supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I think Lorna has a pretty good shot. She's one of the more popular characters of the list. However, I do see a lot of people not wanting to give her a vote due to her being on X-Factor. I think that will hurt her chances, but I'm feeling kinda optimist on this idk why.

I wonder if Hickman picked this list personally, or if the X-Office nominated random characters. If so, I'm curious as to why they included Polaris seeing as how she is the only one with a featured role in a title. Armor is showing up in Sword, but it seems more supporting.
    Forge s a regular in X-Force