Page 82 of 105 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1571

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I guess she finished it off panel. There have been a number of times where we haven't been aware of what Lorna's been up to (Like when ANX was cancelled).

It is canon now though.
    Yeah, that is what I believe as well.

There is a LOT that has happened off-panel with Lorna that I would love to see, even going back decade, including time that she spends with Jean. We would find Lorna got her PhD, her celebratory party, etc.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I found the entire issue quite entertaining. At least Polaris didn't get utterly dominated by Magneto this time like previous encounters.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    I have to say with TOM 2, Lorna looked great as she always does. For the story, the story just lags with useless battles. Leah just throws these overused plot devices like she’s getting her ideas from Michael Bay movies. Just too much bravado and not enough character development. There’s just too many characters involved for Polaris to get any real limelight. Also magneto just is all over the place here. Polaris and Erik’s relationship is way off key. It will be a miracle if it can be repaired at all. Like everyone else I enjoyed the Jean/Lorna moments. I still would like them have conversations about what they both went through over the years. That needs to happen like STAT! Anyway, one can still hope that this story goes somewhere unexpected that will be good for our Lorna.
    Yes at this point I will just ignore any Lorna - Erik interaction until this is done and hope Duggan can undo some of the damage.

But in other news, I am really expecting Lorna to fight off Luminous, that would be great to see I am also expecting Evolutionary to make a comment about Lorna being Mags daughter, he always seemed a little too interested in his family.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Link

The variant cover. I must say the tiny 60s Polaris was a very nice touch.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-19-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Are we ready to see Lorna defeat of the Maximoffs clone? lolol, the Issue launches on the 22nd of this month

Now that Polaris has been confirmed to have a PhD in Geophysics, if the writers use this to their advantage (in case they don't forget and explore further), it would be a good time to use Lorna's experience, I'm not very experienced at subject, but with a quick survey I saw that a geophysicist studies the physical properties of the Earth such as heat, magnetism, radioactivity, gravity, electricity, propagation of elastic waves, etc. Or better would it be cool for Polaris using their electromagnetic powers focused on their area in geophysics, maybe even studying / helping the island Krakoa? But this is likely not to happen... Which makes me sad, but who knows...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Nah, she certainly has fans. Not nearly as many as she should if her story decades ago hadn't been botched.

Jean and Lorna for instance were friends going way back to the 60s. Well, friends and not always friends...

They took her away her militant M2 (Magneto the Second) queen of mutants persona and replaced it with one of being a lite version of Jean by the 70s.
    Polaris was so wasted in the 70s. She has a major appearance in X-Men 97 -- a few cameos post 100 as a thrall of Erik the Red. Then Claremont shuttled her and havok off to Muir Isle. At least havok got a Marvel Team-Up story out of it -- in which Lorna had a nice scene -- but should have been in the second part instead of Thor! I guess I should mention their inclusion in the 'Defenders for a Day' story - but it's not really worth talking about except that they were in it.

There was a bit of cosmic stuff at the time -- I think they would have been great as part of a cosmic super hero team, alas...

It was different times then, but now way they'd be stuck in limbo for months at a time these days.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Not much to say about Lorna today. She does fight Luminous, and doesn't do too well. However, I enjoyed her being the second to attack, and the rapport she has with Rogue. Cute issue, and I loved seeing Lorna giving Luminous a hard time.

spoilers:
    Lorna attacking with big ass metal knuckles today gave me life.
    end of spoilers

She is so much fun in this book.

Worth noting that all the X-Men that fought did poorly in their fights, with possible exception of Synch. So for Lorna, her not doing too well is actually an improvement. She's not the odd woman out somehow getting beat down while everyone else isn't.

spoilers:
    I expect this is leading into something that will have payoff, too. What that something is, I have no idea. I just think it's setup for future plans.
    end of spoilers
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    spoilers:
    Lorna attacking with big ass metal knuckles today gave me life.
    end of spoilers

She is so much fun in this book.
    Hello, Starchild welcome to the Polaris thread. And, yes she is quite fun. If she doesn't have much her philosophical edge, she can certainly still be fun. spoilers:
    It was the first time in a very long time that Lorna was in your face physical in combat
    end of spoilers which was nice to see.

I took Lorna's comments in the end as a reference to the storyline Powerless when the High Evolutionary shut off all mutants powers and forced her to fight with a gun as a rebel on Genosha.

Also, nothing from Luminous in regards to the Wanda and Pietro parentage issues that the Uncanny Avenges storyline with her opened up. They might deal with that topic at a future time post Trial of Magneto. How have you felt in terms of Lorna and the Trial Starchilde?
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-22-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Hello, Starchild welcome to the Polaris thread. And, yes she is quite fun. If she isn't allowed to have much her philosophical edge, she can certainly still be fun. spoilers:
    It was the first time in a very long time that Lorna was in your face physical in combat
    end of spoilers which was nice to see.
    Thanks for the warm welcome, jmc247!

I really love when characters are allowed to do creative and fun stuff with their powers. She could have throw metallic elements to her adversaries, but she does something different and creative, and it's something that's actually pretty useful and smart (and fun). I like the way Duggan has been showcasing her powers.

As you say, i t would be great if she also got some of that philosophical edge in this book. We can always have hope.

I took Lorna's comments in the end as a reference to the storyline Powerless when the High Evolutionary shut off all mutants powers and forced her to fight with a gun as a rebel on Genosha for some weeks.

This certainly makes sense, thanks for sharing the panel.

Also, nothing from Luminous in regards to the Wanda and Pietro parentage issues that the Uncanny Avenges storyline with her opened up. They might deal with that topic at a future time post Trial of Magneto. How have you felt in terms of Lorna and the Trial Starchilde?
    Regarding Trial, I'm not being much of a fan of the book as a whole, I think a lot of stuff does not make sense. Most characters are acting like NPCs. For Lorna, the first issue was pretty pretty bad in my opinion, I don't think she was being well characterized at all, and I felt like the writer just needed to do a super dramatic moment and decided to sacrifice Lorna for it. I think she was potrayed better in the second issue, she seemed more like herself there. Magneto acted too over the top in the second issue. For me, is either Hope manipulating him, or Magneto acting like Doomneto on purpose to distract the X-Men and Avengers.