Page 165 of 772 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265665 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 11576
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    have they had any real interactions in 616? I honestly cannot think of any. I know she had more interaction with the O5 back in uncanny early run before Claremont came along.
    Interesting Enough, Chris Claremont recently spoke on WandaVision and on Scarlet Witch wishing for a Happy Ending for her that HE Pitched HIMSELF!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...t-details/amp/
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    When did Ewing retcon it back?
    he did it back in 2014 issue 6 of lokis book.

we know originally that arcade struck a match on doom before he would later capture ororo in uncanny:

Byrne had issue with this and retconned the story to mention it was a Doombot arcade struck with a match in fantastic four:

Well in Loki(2014) issue 6 doom mentioned arcade did in fact struck doom with the match retconning back to Claremont's original story:

Edit:

did a bit more research and it allegedly was some infighting between Claremont and Byrne during those earlier days.

It's also worth noting that Doom says that the Doombot was "not a combat unit", suggesting that the X-Men would not have fared as well against the real Dr. Doom.

This whole scene with the Doombot is cool as hell, but it's actually a reflection of the continued infighting between John Byrne and Chris Claremont. Claremont clearly intended for the Doom appearing in the X-Men issues to be the real one (even setting up a romantic scenario between Doom and Storm), but Byrne didn't like the way Doom was depicted so retconned him into a 'bot.

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron..._258-260.shtml

I'm glad Al corrected the record!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Interesting Enough, Chris Claremont recently spoke on WandaVision and on Scarlet Witch wishing for a Happy Ending for her that HE Pitched HIMSELF!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...t-details/amp/
    Wanda's great representation gives me hope for storm because goddess knows the foxmen failed her miserably!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    thats a gorgeous picture!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    That is Just Adorable!

Also is that what Jean's Full Outfit looks like and the shoes or was that just artist interpretation?
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    That is Just Adorable!

Also is that what Jean's Full Outfit looks like and the shoes or was that just artist interpretation?
    That is Jean´s full outfit.

Wanda's great representation gives me hope for storm because goddess knows the foxmen failed her miserably!

Totally. Poor writing, crappy director, and the casting wasn´t so great either.

I most certainly will stop by and send my love!!!

You are undoubtedly the biggest Wanda fan and you defintely make her community proud. keep up the good work!

It would be nice to see them together. Both Ororo and Wanda are mutants with magical powers (waiting for the MCU to erase the retcon).

All the Storm/Wanda love i had to do a sketch. Attachment 107853
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    All the Storm/Wanda love i had to do a sketch. Attachment 107853
    Nice sketch. I'm not sure if Storm is suppose to be wearing heels, but I like that you made Ororo taller than Wanda. Storm is rather tall, especially compared to many other Marvel heroines and this often gets neglected by many artists today.

he did it back in 2014 issue 6 of lokis book.

we know originally that arcade struck a match on doom before he would later capture ororo in uncanny:

Byrne had issue with this and retconned the story to mention it was a Doombot arcade struck with a match in fantastic four:

Well in Loki(2014) issue 6 doom mentioned arcade did in fact struck doom with the match retconning back to Claremont's original story:

Edit:

did a bit more research and it allegedly was some infighting between Claremont and Byrne during those earlier days.

It's also worth noting that Doom says that the Doombot was "not a combat unit", suggesting that the X-Men would not have fared as well against the real Dr. Doom.

This whole scene with the Doombot is cool as hell, but it's actually a reflection of the continued infighting between John Byrne and Chris Claremont. Claremont clearly intended for the Doom appearing in the X-Men issues to be the real one (even setting up a romantic scenario between Doom and Storm), but Byrne didn't like the way Doom was depicted so retconned him into a 'bot.

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron..._258-260.shtml

I'm glad Al corrected the record!

Nice find. While I do like the way Byrne wrote the scene of Doom destroying his Doombot, I don't like that he retconned Claremont's story. I'm also glad that Al Ewing "course-corrected" things back to how they were.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

So of course rumors are coming about MCU Mutants.
    Base off some the casting information. Actress like sonequa martin-green & yara shahidi are being consider for roles.
    What do you guys think of either of these lady being chosen to play Storm, and if you think the direction casting seems to be going is in the direction fan would like for Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Base off some the casting information. Actress like sonequa martin-green & yara shahidi are being consider for roles.
    What do you guys think of either of these lady being chosen to play Storm, and if you think the direction casting seems to be going is in the direction fan would like for Storm?
    Yara seems cool as a person, but homegirl CANNOT act. Also it'd be a damn shame for them to go with another light skinned racially ambiguous actress.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Nice sketch. I'm not sure if Storm is suppose to be wearing heels, but I like that you made Ororo taller than Wanda. Storm is rather tall, especially compared to many other Marvel heroines and this often gets neglected by many artists today.
    thanks appreciate it. yeah i try to keep height and features in mind when drawing. here is the other version. Attachment 107854
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Pass on both of them for me. I would prefer a darker-skinned actress portraying Storm.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Oh lord.....

Can we get a Yetide Badaki ? A Veronika Bozeman?

What about Damari Lewis from Titans??
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Nice find. While I do like the way Byrne wrote the scene of Doom destroying his Doombot, I don't like that he retconned Claremont's story. I'm also glad that Al Ewing "course-corrected" things back to how they were.
    yea I don't think I would have minded the issue had I not learned of his motives for the retcon. I am so happy Mr. Ewing undid his petty.

Fantastic Member

lol Byrne must have been very angry with how CC wrote the original story to the point that he replaced Victor with a Non-Combat unit Doombot.