Page 328 of 430 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 6444
  1. #4906
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I have always said that it's dumb that Storm is a weather manipulator and all she does is shoot lightning. Still it's very easy for these writers to throw a power feat her way and then be done with the character. And that's all this was. Impressive, but that doesn't help the character move forward. She once again has no real dialogue. No presence. No voice. Her lines could have been given to anyone and nothing would change in the story. She is just there, again. Power expansion is nice but at this point the character needs forward momentum more than anything else right now. Period. So I just don't care about what big power displays she is doing. Can they actually, develop her role in the franchise in a meaningful way first? This was just more of the same.

    Another thin display for this character. But thankfully, Magneto was significant here, cause lord knows he is definitely suffering in development and characterization right? It's just comical at this point. Storm clearly wasn't meant to be the focus here and SWORD is maybe where we will actually get what I am talking about. But there is no point in trying to be satisfied or making excuses for the scraps they throw this character's way. I respect everyone's opinion as it is their own, but I don't personally see how anyone could be satisfied with what we were given with Storm today. I am done giving credit and accepting the bare minimum with this character. After languishing this long I don't give any writer or creator the benefit of the doubt anymore. Put up or shut up. That's harsh but when Storm has been an afterthought for this long, I don't care.

    The actual issue and story itself is fine, but if one were looking for a Storm fix, it didn't do it for me.
    1. yea I dont think anyone can argue with you there at all. They have said they have big plans for her but as you pointed out what she has done in terms of dialogue can be switched with any other character and it wouldn't change the story.

    2. Yes mags definitely has been a major player in this event so as Emma. its clear which characters have been the drivers of this event and previous ones.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #4907
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,089

    Default

    Forever the omega's omega.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  3. #4908
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Forever the omega's omega.
    yassssss i love it!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  4. #4909
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Someone just made me aware that the regent of Sol could be namor as a way for him to side with krakoa and honestly I won't be shocked.
    I would scream lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #4910
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would scream lolol
    Ikr like how..... After he effectively spat in their face.

    On relevant matter look.
    "Storm, untethered from any limitations caused by potential damage to the established infrastructures of a world around her, is able to fully unleash her powers and create elements for the world"
    This is from a cbr article it sums up what she does perfectly.

  6. #4911
    Incredible Member Stormultt Divine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    790

    Default

    The regent BETTER be storm, itd explain her ending panels.

    Namor can stick to the lakes and ponds of Earth lol.

  7. #4912
    Spectacular Member Subliminally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I thought it was revealed that he could generate ice by force of will quite a long time ago. Maybe Xmen Forever when he was first shown as an omega?
    He can? Well, I'm not exactly up to date on him so it is very possible he's evolved past that needing ambient moister to use his powers.

  8. #4913
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Ikr like how..... After he effectively spat in their face.

    On relevant matter look.
    "Storm, untethered from any limitations caused by potential damage to the established infrastructures of a world around her, is able to fully unleash her powers and create elements for the world"
    This is from a cbr article it sums up what she does perfectly.
    where did you get that quote from?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  9. #4914
    Spectacular Member Subliminally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    where did you get that quote from?
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-hellfire-g...rakko-shocker/

  10. #4915
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    thanks boo (^_^)



    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  11. #4916
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I hear you. While the Sol's Regent thing has potential to be awesome in a whole other way...I'm not one to give in to wishful thinking and speculation. (I usually prefer to see how it's presented on the page and then think on it). I am very interested in that development, don't get me wrong but...as with this issue, I'm keeping my expectations realistic. I'm waiting to see what Ewing does with it. He hasn't let me down, yet.

    On the subject...seeing as there are two SWORD stations, might Storm be the leader in charge of SII (I don't see Brand giving up SI) and if so, I wonder who will be under Storm's direction. THAT could be worthy of some speculation.

    and for anyone's betterment edification...it was revealed on twitter Stefano Caselli will be the new artist on SWORD.
    That makes sense, we definitely need more info and I think we’ll get some in the coming weeks. Ewing’s the right guy to do that.

    Thinking of SWORD one of the main points of contention is the extent to which it is a human or Krakoan organization. Maybe this second SWORD station presents an opportunity for mutantkind to have a Krakoa-centric intergalactic body at their disposal, which Storm could potentially be directing from Mars. It’d be interesting to see who Storm brings under her umbrella if that were the case.

  12. #4917
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    ok article but i think though not shown people miss the point Storm was in the sky working the whole time everyone else was doing their thing as evident by the cyclones in the sky and why was the weather so stable on the ground for everyone to be able to do the work they were doing. That is also why she was shown at several points throughout the entire issue so while it may not have come off as prominent i still don't think many realize how much Storm really did here during this entire process. I also specifically think it was storm who made the air breathable because as i mentioned she was working the entire time and the flow suggests that. The plants were able to capture that oxygen and thus make it sustainable. It was a really great showing all around.

    Could it have been done a million different ways? Sure. But that's not my job i can only judge what was presented to me and i was beyond satisfied. This whole era i think storm was treated well and no matter which way things go good or bad has been the only character left basically in tact completely. I appreciate that and i think this crew appreciated her. I think the gas lighting was unnecessary and that to me is the only annoying thing but i love well executed ideas and this for me was that. Aside from the stance of mutants now fearing and hating which i just honestly still don't understand or know what is being said or even felt that throughout the entire thing and as a black man completely disagree that fear and hate naturally breeds fear and hate, i can't complain about anything else from the run to be honest.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  13. #4918
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    6,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That makes sense, we definitely need more info and I think we’ll get some in the coming weeks. Ewing’s the right guy to do that.

    Thinking of SWORD one of the main points of contention is the extent to which it is a human or Krakoan organization. Maybe this second SWORD station presents an opportunity for mutantkind to have a Krakoa-centric intergalactic body at their disposal, which Storm could potentially be directing from Mars. It’d be interesting to see who Storm brings under her umbrella if that were the case.
    That's what I'm thinking.
    I figure she might call in her favour from Xandra and it could be a whole crew of diverse alien races...Shi'ar, Skrull, Kree, Brood etc. and Araki and Krakoan mutants. And if it Ewing ties it in to his Cosmic Marvel shenanigans...it could be huge and far-reaching, indeed for mutants in general and for Storm.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  14. #4919
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    ok article but i think though not shown people miss the point Storm was in the sky working the whole time everyone else was doing their thing as evident by the cyclones in the sky and why was the weather so stable on the ground for everyone to be able to do the work they were doing. That is also why she was shown at several points throughout the entire issue so while it may not have come off as prominent i still don't think many realize how much Storm really did here during this entire process. I also specifically think it was storm who made the air breathable because as i mentioned she was working the entire time and the flow suggests that. The plants were able to capture that oxygen and thus make it sustainable. It was a really great showing all around.

    Could it have been done a million different ways? Sure. But that's not my job i can only judge what was presented to me and i was beyond satisfied. This whole era i think storm was treated well and no matter which way things go good or bad has been the only character left basically in tact completely. I appreciate that and i think this crew appreciated her. I think the gas lighting was unnecessary and that to me is the only annoying thing but i love well executed ideas and this for me was that. Aside from the stance of mutants now fearing and hating which i just honestly still don't understand or know what is being said or even felt that throughout the entire thing and as a black man completely disagree that fear and hate naturally breeds fear and hate, i can't complain about anything else from the run to be honest.
    I hsve to reread the issue. I didn't see the weather happening while everyone else was working.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  15. #4920
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I hsve to reread the issue. I didn't see the weather happening while everyone else was working.
    Though you don't see Storm the page iceman is on we see the cyclone in the sky. That cyclone is the same cyclone we see behind Storm. Storm doesn't come down from the sky until after the mutants are teleported meaning in some capacity she was working the whole time. I mean mars must have some wind that moves along it's surface, i'm no genius but none of the mutants that had ground work to do was being affected by the raging winds, tides, etc, while making the world. Their helmets only did so much when a land rover didn't make it.


    I felt storm presence and voice throught this entire run including this issue with her being the one to welcome charles to bring the others, to Arrako building it's location to what i assume is her specifics. but if that is delivered on i don't know, not enough info. But i will say GOTG and Sword and now this makes me feel like Storm is going to get some story she deserves. If it happens it happens but i'm not going to pee on anyone else parade.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-16-2021 at 05:46 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •