Page 554 of 772 FirstFirst ... 54454504544550551552553554555556557558564604654 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Isn't it more likely that Ororo simply parted the clouds to allow them to stay dry while allowing the sunlight to shine only on them?[/CENTER]
    Correct.

10 char

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Ohk guys do you think storm can manipulate photons in the atmosphere? Case in point sunlight directly?
    Not sure. I don’t think she’s ever manipulated light that way before (I know w/ the galactic core feat there is a foundation for it). I would have to understand how it would manifest into the atmosphere/weather besides heat and energy.

Lightning generates photons. It also generates x-rays, gamma rays, and anti-matter. Storm should be able to utilize/control all those facets, as they are elements of the weather.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

[/CENTER]
    Isn't it more likely that Ororo simply parted the clouds keeping them all dry while allowing the sunlight to shine only on them during that little get together?
    Can it be.

in an alternate reality she photosynthesized a plant using light and solar radiation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    in an alternate reality she photosynthesized a plant using light and solar radiation.
    Do you happen to recall the title and issue where she did that? I'd like to reread it... Thanks.
    Last edited by Micabe; 09-04-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Do you happen to recall the title and issue where she did that? I'd like to reread it... Thanks.
    I think she was talking about this issue: Ultimate Comics X-Men (2011) #1

But there's also the Coates run, where the Storm affects the microclimates, at the same time it makes those plants grow...

Here we see that she used sunlight and water to help with the photosynthesis process of the wilted plant.

Ultimate comics X-Men #1

It looks more like she just rehydrated the plant. There's nothing to suggest light manipulation or photosynthesis. Besides, that's an alternate universe, so it doesn't really count in terms of 616/Prime Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It looks more like she just rehydrated the plant. There's nothing to suggest light manipulation or photosynthesis. Besides, that's an alternate universe, so it doesn't really count in terms of 616/Prime Storm.
    Simple rehydratation? I don’t think so, We have the receipts !!!

Last edited by Daedra; 09-04-2021 at 10:46 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

[/CENTER]
    Isn't it more likely that Ororo simply parted the clouds keeping them all dry while allowing the sunlight to shine only on them during that little get together?
    She controls electrons, solar winds and heat ……but sure…… lets draw the line at the visible portion of solar radiation.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    Anyone know where this is from?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Anyone know where this is from?
    One if the first issues of claremont revolution run in uncanny x-men 382 (after the six month gap)
    Last edited by Daedra; 09-04-2021 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Simple rehydratation? I don’t think so, We have the receipts !!!

That's 616/Prime, has no relationship with the previous page in question, and is completely unexplained[she's not even glowing, so photosynthesis is not a factor]. Coates may have been implying some goddess/life force situation in these panels, but as with most of his 'Hadari Yao' stuff, he never made time to actually define the phenomenon in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That's 616/Prime, has no relationship with the previous page in question, and is completely unexplained[she's not even glowing, so photosynthesis is not a factor]. Coates may have been implying some goddess/life force situation in these panels, but as with most of his 'Hadari Yao' stuff, he never made time to actually define the phenomenon in detail.
    She’s clearly feeding the plants what is needed to increase their actual biomass, that means chloroplasts are actually getting the required energy to synthesize the organic components necessary for the visible physical growth.