Page 232 of 415 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 6223
  1. #3466
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm such a happy x-fan. I never thought i would be eating this good overall but i hoped. Like i'm working on a project now but there is just something about the xmen that i can't explain. I enjoy when it does well. Like i wouldn't say it's personal in that if it doesn't it's not sweat off my balls but when it is and doing actual stories i feel matter i just. I want to support it. It's really weird. But then in 5th grade when i first started dabbling in drawing my teacher had us go find a comic and i chose the issue with storm stealing the jewel from candra and we had to redraw it in our own style and he loved x-men and i just i don't know. and yes i've have herbs and wine. lol
    im.glad you're happy. I like the potential as it truly does look promising but I'm cautiously optimistic. I was happy going in to XoS but was let down tremendously. so I will wait to see what the X-offices deliver. I hope it's good..
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #3467
    Astonishing Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post


    ------------------------------------------------


    Does any body have clue what they are talking about in the council meeting?

  3. #3468
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Both issues look promising but on Curse of Man-Thing I feel Storm could deal with a Natural / Magic threat on her own, it's not like she never did it before but anyway I still think it will be a good read. The writer of that issue already said that he is a Storm fan and that he would like to write her.

  4. #3469
    Incredible Member Stormrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    Both issues look promising but on Curse of Man-Thing I feel Storm could deal with a Natural / Magic threat on her own, it's not like she never did it before but anyway I still think it will be a good read. The writer of that issue already said that he is a Storm fan and that he would like to write her.
    The X-Men are a team. Multiple people could use their powers in creative ways to do other mutants can do. No need for one person to do it all and I like that they are using certain mutants and playing to their strengths. Like you, I am interested in the both books.

  5. #3470
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    Both issues look promising but on Curse of Man-Thing I feel Storm could deal with a Natural / Magic threat on her own, it's not like she never did it before but anyway I still think it will be a good read. The writer of that issue already said that he is a Storm fan and that he would like to write her.


    I'm extremely hopeful. Steve Orlando writes a great strong female protagonist. His Supergirl and Wonder woman have a very special place in my heart. But then i honestly try not to put my expectations of story on writers i just try to react to what they have actually written. It's hard sometimes though, not often, but sometimes.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-29-2021 at 01:21 PM. Reason: lol quoted wrong post
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  6. #3471
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    The X-Men are a team. Multiple people could use their powers in creative ways to do other mutants can do. No need for one person to do it all and I like that they are using certain mutants and playing to their strengths. Like you, I am interested in the both books.
    honestly in most of the times I don't even bother whether Storm is doing it all by herself or not but in this event in special they could give to Storm the whole cake (yes I can be ambitious sometimes lol) since she would be one of the MVPs along with Magik for what i seen in these dialogues and since this threat is a Magic and Elementar threat it would be a great opportunity to explore Storm magical potential and her elemental powers together in a creative way but even if it doesn’t happen we’ll probably have a well written Storm next week lol.

  7. #3472
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm extremely hopeful. Steve Orlando writes a great strong female protagonist. His Supergirl and Wonder woman have a very special place in my heart. But then i honestly try not to put my expectations of story on writers i just try to react to what they have actually written. It's hard sometimes though, not often, but sometimes.
    i also try not to put my expectations too high but i think this time i am not managing to contain the hype lol.

  8. #3473
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Does any body have clue what they are talking about in the council meeting?
    seems like some natural and magical disasters occurring across the planet.

    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    Both issues look promising but on Curse of Man-Thing I feel Storm could deal with a Natural / Magic threat on her own, it's not like she never did it before but anyway I still think it will be a good read. The writer of that issue already said that he is a Storm fan and that he would like to write her.
    agreed here. it would be nice to see storm flex all of her muscles not just one particular one. that said, I didn't know the writer was a fan of Storm's. I guess we will see but let's not forget Guggenheim was a self professes storm fan as well and we saw what he did with xmen gold lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  9. #3474
    Frenzied Bedlam Future Odd Rödney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I agree with you 1000%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And I, 2000% added to that.
    And I love y'all 3000%

    And I agree about Storm and T'Challa, it is played out, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I really hope we will actually get an entire book dealing with this new Mars mutant community. Please don't spoil the potential by ignoring it going forward...

  10. #3475
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    seems like some natural and magical disasters occurring across the planet.



    agreed here. it would be nice to see storm flex all of her muscles not just one particular one. that said, I didn't know the writer was a fan of Storm's. I guess we will see but let's not forget Guggenheim was a self professes storm fan as well and we saw what he did with xmen gold lol
    well i just get the impression that Storm will do a lot more than say "Goddess" and then shoot some lightning at this event. IIRC he said he was a Storm fan in some of those X-monday articles.
    Sorry but I don't know that person ... Guggen who?

  11. #3476
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Does any body have clue what they are talking about in the council meeting?
    found the other scan from preview that says thre are fires plaguing the planet. Thor is thinking of creating a world wide storm to put it out:



    krakoa may not get involved but I would be surprised if storm still opted not to do anything especially considering her link to the planet:


    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  12. #3477
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    well i just get the impression that Storm will do a lot more than say "Goddess" and then shoot some lightning at this event. IIRC he said he was a Storm fan in some of those X-monday articles.
    Sorry but I don't know that person ... Guggen who?
    lololol. that is all some writers thinks she can do.

    Guggenheim was a xwriter who said he was a fan of storms and personally told me he finds it difficult writing her do much beyond wind and lightning. he also said a lot if powers particularly the parts about her energy sight (and thus her ability to manipulate energy) is a retcon. having that convo explained what we ultimately got in xmen gold but the scary thin was he mentioned he was a storm fan.







    garbage...
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-29-2021 at 02:29 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #3478
    Mighty Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lololol. that is all some writers thinks she can do.

    Guggenheim was a xwriter who said he was a fan of storms and personally told me he finds it difficult writing her do much beyond wind and lightning. he also said a lot if powers particularly the parts about her energy sight (and thus her ability to manipulate energy) is a retcon. having that convo explained what we ultimately got in xmen gold but the scary thin was he mentioned he was a storm fan.
    I think a lot of writers claim to be Storm fans or that they enjoy the character because there would be too much backlash if they admitted that they weren’t fans and that she was the team’s token.

  14. #3479
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lololol. that is all some writers thinks she can do.

    Guggenheim was a xwriter who said he was a fan of storms and personally told me he finds it difficult writing her do much beyond wind and lightning. he also said a lot if powers particularly the parts about her energy sight (and thus her ability to manipulate energy) is a retcon. having that convo explained what we ultimately got in xmen gold but the scary thin was he mentioned he was a storm fan.
    I still don't know him.
    [ insert Mariah Carey gif]

  15. #3480
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    found the other scan from preview that says thre are fires plaguing the planet. Thor is thinking of creating a world wide storm to put it out:



    krakoa may not get involved but I would be surprised if storm still opted not to do anything especially considering her link to the planet:


    Yay you found the page i was talking about lol. With Jean and Storm and storm's empathic connection to earth.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •