Page 351 of 772 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361401451 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 11576
    Fantastic Member

finally Storm was referred to as Hadari Yao by X-Office. Ewing did well as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes you are right j! she is a queen in her own right not due to marriage and this allows both to operate in their respective corners without being in the shadow of the other. I never perceived it as such but I know there are some who do so this removes that.

it could totally work. I'm rooting for them both in their respective roles.

I love how Ewing in one panel just made storm the most important mutant in marvel right now and also solidified her place as a real goddess. No gimmicks, not retcons, no possessions, no items to claim which she always was!!! I love it. This is how it should be done!!
    And once again let me give Coate's his credit people in many interviews have said this plan was in the works for a long time and got delayed. while still not a fan i can see now why he was potentially setting up the intergalatic empire and he took quite a bit of hits because of it from me because it seemed like it was going no where. I can admit where i may have been dead ass wrong and this could be why he really couldn't explain hadari yao in detail. So for those criticisms i can say i may have been a bit harsh.

P.S. the x-books got me so damn worn out on excitement i still haven't gotten around to reading marvel voices yet. lol Butterfiy excitement had me up 4am on comixology. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-23-2021 at 12:16 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Well hello friends!!! I hope you all are well and have had a chance to read today's issue of S.W.O.R.D. Did it live up to all the hype?

Today is truly a day of celebration for me. Around three years ago, I created a petition after what I noticed what appeared to be a purposeful effort by the xoffices to ignore the development Ta-Nehisi Coates had detailed in his BP run relative to Storm.

http://chng.it/ngKLCbcV

I recall talking to Marc Guggenheim at my lcs in person at the time regarding the her development and he told me he wasn't aware of what was occurring in the BP books but that he didn't think she was an actual goddess. Added to this there were also some within the comic community, including Storm fans, who said what happened in BP was fan fiction and that if it wasn't acknowledged by the xoffices then it wasn't canon. In fact, some comic sites, particularly CBR, seemed to purposeful ignore this development. There had even been instances where moderators of sites would ban storm fans or all users of certain forums to ridicule her fans who asserted she was a goddess.

Well fast-forward to 06/23/21, some three years later an Al Ewing Finally and explicitly referred to her as being Hadari Yao. In an xbook her biggest development wasn't referenced in an ambiguous but he had herself claim the name demonstrating she has fully accepted the title and what all comes with it. I must say after all the work we storms did and all the unnecessary drama we've endured this victory is so amazing to finally experience. So with that thank you Mr. Ewing for doing what I felt early on you would do. I'm forever in your debt for shutting up all the haters who wished to diminish what Coates had worked so hard to do for Storm. It is a great day to be a storm fan!!!!

Namor:
    I rule the oceans of the Earth

Storm: That's cute
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    finally Storm was referred to as Hadari Yao by X-Office. Ewing did well as expected.
    no one can say ever again Coates work was fanfiction or will be erased by a subsequent bp writer. it was so much of that energy up in here before today's issue dropped but now it is suddenly silent. I enjoy the silence quite frankly.

we storm fans deserve this moment and im happy it finally all materialized and manifested in a way that cannot be countered.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

no one can say ever again Coates work was fanfiction or will be erased by a subsequent bp writer. it was so much of that energy up in here before today's issue dropped but now it is suddenly silent. I enjoy the silence quite frankly.

we storm fans deserve this moment and im happy it finally all materialized and manifested in a way that cannot be countered.
    I’m actually left wondering if we will get a continuation of ororo and victor confrontation
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

Namor:
    I rule the oceans of the Earth

Storm: That's cute

yasssssssss you better say that lololololol

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And once again let me give Coate's his credit people in many interviews have said this plan was in the works for a long time and got delayed. while still not a fan i can see now why he was potentially setting up the intergalatic empire and he took quite a bit of hits because of it from me because it seemed like it was going no where. I can admit where i may have been dead ass wrong and this could be why he really couldn't explain hadari yao in detail. So for those criticisms i can say i may have been a bit harsh.

P.S. the x-books got me so damn worn out on excitement i still haven't gotten around to reading marvel voices yet. lol Butterfiy excitement had me up 4am on comixology. lol

Though I didn't agree, I understand certain storm fans wanting storm to have agency in her own right apart from black panther. Its just at the time Coates was writing Storm the xofficea didn't seem to want to do that. I always like to revisit where she was when Coates took her into his book:

I do believe had Coates not changed the trajectory for this character by making her a goddess of the most technologically advanced nation in the marvel universe she wouldn't be where she is today. Fans got a taste of what could be as gifted to us by Coates and was holding the xwriters to a higher standard. In this case, im very gracious and happy that JDW and Ewing both allowed for this moment to occur and placed Ororo in the position she is in now to where we celebrate.

I know some forget the past or would like us to but it wasn't that long ago that even referring her as an omega would have you laughed off some of these comic boards as being delusional. Now she is not only an omega but an actual goddess and it has all been solidified by the xoffices. All those letters we wrote to marvel, all those petitions we created seemed to be listened to and im just so ecstatic right now!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Galactic Council when it comes to terraforming a planet.

Attachment 110822

VS.

Galactic Council when Storm made her presence known.

Attachment 110823
    Lmao , this was so the reaction. Everyone was just meh.. why are we here again. And then Storm walks in and everyone is like "-oh!? Storm gonna be there , why didn't you say that in the first place"

Fantastic Member

These last two Storm appearances has me feeling so invigorated. We’ve been waiting for this for SOO LONG and all our wishes and efforts have finally come to pass. I hope I’m not sounding too greedy but as a cherry-on-top grand finale, I hope we get another cosmic galactic level or goddess feat.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Lmao , this was so the reaction. Everyone was just meh.. why are we here again. And then Storm walks in and everyone is like "-oh!? Storm gonna be there , why didn't you say that in the first place"
    Exactly. They were like all that. "You could of just said She who swims with Acanti, She who just helped Emperor Tchalla beat back his own empire and reminded them who was emperor, ya'll love ya'll drama. We in."
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-23-2021 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Had to put some respect on it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’m actually left wondering if we will get a continuation of ororo and victor confrontation
    well keep in mind the very last interaction I think these two had was in doomwar, which was not very pleasant. im hoping their talk over dinner they can revisit all these past moments where storm let's him know not to $&*" with her or its his a$$.

Mighty Member

How did Storm become queen of Sol?

Astonishing Member

Y’all Storm being Regent of Sol doesn’t reverse the break up she had with T’Challa in XOS and nothing indicates she’ll be a factor in T’Challa’s corner of the MU post-Coates other than 2 generic covers where she’s not mentioned in the solicits. The ship is dead lol. And they got the man scheming with Iron Man and Doctor Strange on how to handle the Krakoan threat on top of Wakanda clearly being positioned as a rival (potentially enemy) nation to Storm’s people. The ship is extra dead.

The far more interesting convo is whether she can take on two omega level Arakki mutants at the same damn time. I like how a huge part of her new role is to basically beat up the Arakki to earn their respect. Someone made the comparison that this is like her leading the Morlocks but on a grander level and that’s a great point.
    Last edited by chief12d; 06-23-2021 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    lolol that horse face had me screaming lol

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    These last two Storm appearances has me feeling so invigorated. We’ve been waiting for this for SOO LONG and all our wishes and efforts have finally come to pass. I hope I’m not sounding too greedy but as a cherry-on-top grand finale, I hope we get another cosmic galactic level or goddess feat.
    did you notice she was turning partially elemental?

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    How did Storm become queen of Sol?
    that we are not sure of... this may be revealed in a subsequent issue of sword.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Y’all Storm being Regent of Sol doesn’t reverse the break up she had with T’Challa in XOS and nothing indicates she’ll be a factor in T’Challa’s corner of the MU post-Coates other than 2 generic covers where she’s not mentioned in the solicits. The ship is dead lol. And they got the man scheming with Iron Man and Doctor Strange on how to handle the Krakoan threat on top of Wakanda clearly being positioned as a rival (potentially enemy) nation to Storm’s people. The ship is extra dead.

The far more interesting convo is whether she can take on two omega level Arakki mutants at the same damn time. I like how a huge part of her new role is to basically beat up the Arakki to earn their respect. Someone made the comparison that this is like her leading the Morlocks but on a grander level and that’s a great point.
    they are not broken up. she is even on the cover of the second issue of black panther and the last issue of Coates run they were very much still together. her acknowledging hadari yao essentially reaffirms everything we've read in black panther including their relationship.

Let's not stir that pot. Today is a day of celebration.

I do for see some hard days in the future for the Royal Power Couple and I'm here for it. But once all said and done. The two will find their way back into each other's arms.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

I don't care if it goes there one way or the other to be honest but this is the first time i've been truly open to it so it's fun to spec. I feel Ewing would do it amazing if he did so if it were to ever become a thing now would be a good time but if not i'm cool because i was on the never again, never in the first place side.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.