Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
I wasn't sure at first why her eyes were turning blue. I was wondering if maybe her eyes would turn permanently blue from entering the Hex but it looks like it's only when she manifests her powers and then her eyes go back to normal. The former would definitely have bothered me since Ororo is the iconic Black woman with blue eyes and that means Monica would have unseated her on the big screen.

But even if her eyes only turn blue when she manifests her powers, it's still way too reminiscent of Ororo's white eyes when she uses her powers and I felt that was disrespectful to the OG Queen like this is another thing Ororo lost out on. I still haven't forgotten the Black Panther stans who pretended like they didn't owe Ororo a thing for his mega-popularity or that one Riri Williams stan who claimed Riri was going to become the top Black woman in the MCU and Storm was going to be forgotten, so there are some raw wounds here still.
i agree completely that is a ripoff. the xmen suffered greatly under due to fox owning the movie and merchandising rights. ororo wasn't done justice by them and since marvel didn't own them they heavily invested in other characters. it hurt her popularity tremendously.

what doesn't make sense to me though is she is know as the sun goddess in the comics so why not show her signature color as yellow? I can't help but think this was purposeful and was taken from ororo. I'm just hoping they do her justice whenever she finally appears but I'm afraid she might be very watered down version of her comic self.