Page 92 of 772 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192592 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I wasn't sure at first why her eyes were turning blue. I was wondering if maybe her eyes would turn permanently blue from entering the Hex but it looks like it's only when she manifests her powers and then her eyes go back to normal. The former would definitely have bothered me since Ororo is the iconic Black woman with blue eyes and that means Monica would have unseated her on the big screen.

But even if her eyes only turn blue when she manifests her powers, it's still way too reminiscent of Ororo's white eyes when she uses her powers and I felt that was disrespectful to the OG Queen like this is another thing Ororo lost out on. I still haven't forgotten the Black Panther stans who pretended like they didn't owe Ororo a thing for his mega-popularity or that one Riri Williams stan who claimed Riri was going to become the top Black woman in the MCU and Storm was going to be forgotten, so there are some raw wounds here still.
    i agree completely that is a ripoff. the xmen suffered greatly under due to fox owning the movie and merchandising rights. ororo wasn't done justice by them and since marvel didn't own them they heavily invested in other characters. it hurt her popularity tremendously.

what doesn't make sense to me though is she is know as the sun goddess in the comics so why not show her signature color as yellow? I can't help but think this was purposeful and was taken from ororo. I'm just hoping they do her justice whenever she finally appears but I'm afraid she might be very watered down version of her comic self.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I just hope when Feige finally gets around to Storm, he's still got some juice left in the tank. College-aged weather goddess, please!

I feel like we can't get any worse than Halle Berry but that might just be jinxing it. Still rooting for Aja Naomi King.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I feel like we can't get any worse than Halle Berry but that might just be jinxing it. Still rooting for Aja Naomi King.
    oh my gosh I heard rumors the foxmen would be appearing the mcu. Alex shipp anyone???
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    i agree completely that is a ripoff. the xmen suffered greatly under due to fox owning the movie and merchandising rights. ororo wasn't done justice by them and since marvel didn't own them they heavily invested in other characters. it hurt her popularity tremendously.

what doesn't make sense to me though is she is know as the sun goddess in the comics so why not show her signature color as yellow? I can't help but think this was purposeful and was taken from ororo. I'm just hoping they do her justice whenever she finally appears but I'm afraid she might be very watered down version of her comic self.
    I know so many casual X-Fans who do not care for Storm because they only remember her from the movies as bland Halle Berry with those awful wigs and fluctuating accent. It doesn't help that during the same time, Storm (and several other major Marvel female characters) were basically shoved aside in the comics, all to promote a fake blonde who was the wet dream for all the Marvel writers and editors. There has been a lot of damage to Storm's reputation since the 90s when she was the premiere Marvel heroine and even more popular than Wonder Woman and if Marvel isn't careful with her depiction now, they might not be able to re-salvage her, especially when the First Class films failed Storm yet again. I still remember that nonsense about Apocalypse giving her the white hair and boosting her powers and I know the MCU sometimes like to play loose with comic canon so let's just hope that Storm doesn't get her hair or powers because of some side character.

Because of unfortunate real life events, we can't ever see T'Challa and Ororo as a couple on the big screen now. We've heard lots of rumors that Namor or Doctor Doom might debut in Black Panther 2 so I'm curious if Marvel will try and pair Ororo off with one of them instead. Or at least have one of them interested in her and pursue her.

The only reason I can think of as to why Monica didn't get yellow powers is because Carol already has the yellow/gold powers so maybe they felt it would make Monica a ripoff of her and the optics of that.

Keep in mind, Wanda has already dunked on the DPS arc, and the show is not even done yet. Poor Jean. [It could always be worse.] Fox really did squander their X-riches for 20 years....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

oh my gosh I heard rumors the foxmen would be appearing the mcu. Alex shipp anyone???
    I heard those same stupid rumors that Michael Fassbender might return as Magneto and all I can say is

I mean, who ever asked to see Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, and Tye Sheridan come back and reprise their roles??? I hope Evan Peters is the last link we have to the FauX-Men movies because my heart can't take any more of Fassbender playing the never-aging Magneto, JLaw as the disinterested blonde and human Mystique, or especially another watered down Storm, whose real name isn't even allowed to be said in the movies since it's too "foreign."

I don't know if anyone discussed this yet but the latest episode of Wanda/Vision showed Monica Rambeau manifesting blue eyes when she uses her powers and all I could think about is the injustice that we have never seen a blue-eyed Ororo Munroe in the movies. Praying that will change soon.
    hey there. I have been discussing on my twitter account and lets just say that topic gotta a bit heated.

nevertheless, we haven't discussed here. I was told they only turn blue when she uses her energy powers but I do find it odd when aspects of ororo that are iconic are ripped and used by other characters. aside from the eyes being blue, you have her signature white eyes with powerr ripped by so many characters. then of course the goddess moniker. I just hope by the time she does appear other things are not ripped in the mcu.
    But Monica, even though I do not like her that much, has her eyes glow in the comics when she uses her powers. Yeah, the first thing which came to mind when her eyes turned blue was Ororo as well, but Monica has the power to see energies of a different kind, not like the ones which Storm sees. I think that this was Faggie's try to test how he would visualize Storm's powers. Plus, we had another hint for Storm in the Wanda's show, it was the darkening sky that turned into a Storm during the Nexus's advertisement, as well and the letter X that was carved inside one of the sandwiches (it might have been V, but still looked like X to me at first).

Keep in mind, Wanda has already dunked on the DPS arc, and the show is not even done yet. Poor Jean. [It could always be worse.] Fox really did squander their X-riches for 20 years....
    It's a good thing I like Wanda a lot so I don't mind that she's basically replaying the Dark Phoenix Saga but done right onscreen for once. The fact that Fox had the chance to do it not only once, but twice, but still failed massively both times is a testament to how wrong they were and it still amazes me when I see FauX-Men stans claim the rights should never have reverted back to Marvel. Like what???

I have faith that Marvel can do a proper Phoenix Saga with serial storytelling spread out over multiple phases, if that is something they are still willing to adapt at this point. I can live without it though, all I ask is that Ororo and Jean are the main two faces of the X-Men team in the MCU. Ororo needs to be team leader, Jean needs to be second-in-command or a co-leader of some sorts, because we haven't had any female leaders so far in the MCU and the perfect place to start is with Ororo and the X-Men. I am dreading another whitebread Cyclops-led X-Men in the movies because we get enough of that in the comics since the past 3 decades. Time for some fresh blood and representation.

I heard those same stupid rumors that Michael Fassbender might return as Magneto and all I can say is

I mean, who ever asked to see Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, and Tye Sheridan come back and reprise their roles??? I hope Evan Peters is the last link we have to the FauX-Men movies because my heart can't take any more of Fassbender playing the never-aging Magneto, JLaw as the disinterested blonde and human Mystique, or especially another watered down Storm, whose real name isn't even allowed to be said in the movies since it's too "foreign."
    I don't think we will et Alexandra Shipp, I've heard rumours for another actress which was on Thor's side movie, an actress which can play Storm. So we might get lucky and miss the awful Alexandra Shipp and Halley Berry.

It's a good thing I like Wanda a lot so I don't mind that she's basically replaying the Dark Phoenix Saga but done right onscreen for once. The fact that Fox had the chance to do it not only once, but twice, but still failed massively both times is a testament to how wrong they were and it still amazes me when I see FauX-Men stans claim the rights should never have reverted back to Marvel. Like what???

I have faith that Marvel can do a proper Phoenix Saga with serial storytelling spread out over multiple phases, if that is something they are still willing to adapt at this point. I can live without it though, all I ask is that Ororo and Jean are the main two faces of the X-Men team in the MCU. Ororo needs to be team leader, Jean needs to be second-in-command or a co-leader of some sorts, because we haven't had any female leaders so far in the MCU and the perfect place to start is with Ororo and the X-Men. I am dreading another whitebread Cyclops-led X-Men in the movies because we get enough of that in the comics since the past 3 decades. Time for some fresh blood and representation.
    I highly doubt that they will put Ororo and Jean as X-Men leaders. They will go to Scott's path first, then later if some kind of movie comes out where Scott is dead or unable to lead then maybe, we will have Ororo, since she is usually second in command after Scott. Jean so far has led I believe only one team? The X-Men Red team? I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I don't think we will et Alexandra Shipp, I've heard rumours for another actress which was on Thor's side movie, an actress which can play Storm. So we might get lucky and miss the awful Alexandra Shipp and Halley Berry.
    Yes, please no Shipp. I don't see why Marvel would feel the need to go back to those awful FauX-Men movies and bring those actors back. There were some good ones like Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman but they have retired those roles now and I am not interested in seeing either of them hog more screentime when the most iconic moment we got for Storm so far was this.

Yes, please no Shipp. I don't see why Marvel would feel the need to go back to those awful FauX-Men movies and bring those actors back. There were some good ones like Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman but they have retired those roles now and I am not interested in seeing either of them hog more screentime when the most iconic moment we got for Storm so far was this.
    Yeah, and that was just a very small fraction of Storm's true power. I seriously hope we will get better Storm with the upcoming TV Show and game. Oops, did I said too much?

Cyke got shafted too, to be fair. Honestly I can see Storm and Cyke being the Thor and Cap of the MCU X-Men. The real question is will they make Wolvie the Iron Man or not? I feel like Wolvie, Mags, Xavier, and Mystique were played out by Fox, but at the same time it's going to be difficult to skip them completely.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I highly doubt that they will put Ororo and Jean as X-Men leaders. They will go to Scott's path first, then later if some kind of movie comes out where Scott is dead or unable to lead then maybe, we will have Ororo, since she is usually second in command after Scott. Jean so far has led I believe only one team? The X-Men Red team? I might be wrong.
    I don't want Scott, we have dealt with him enough. We had Captain America already for three phases, we don't need the knockoff wannabe version again. Maybe we'll only have to deal with him for one movie and then Storm can take over because she is proven to be the superior leader. I would totally love to see UXM 201 play out on the big screen with Ororo beating Scott without any powers to gain leadership over the X-Men. I guess for that epic scene, I could justify Scott being team leader for one movie.

Jean only lead X-Men Red and the Eve of Destruction X-Mean team. I don't remember who was supposed to be the leader in X-Men Disassembled though since Jean tended to get the central poses there. However, she's always been like Sue Storm of the FF, with her serving as a sort of unofficial second-in-command, like during the X-Factor days. I think in the 90s Gold Team she was sorta like that with Storm.

Cyke got shafted too, to be fair. Honestly I can see Storm and Cyke being the Thor and Cap of the MCU X-Men. The real question is will they make Wolvie the Iron Man or not? I feel like Wolvie, Mags, Xavier, and Mystique were played out by Fox, but at the same time it's going to be difficult to skip them completely.
    That is true and I'd feel more sympathetic to the movie version of Cyke if not for the fact that I've hated the comic version for so long now and we've been stuck with him as the head of the X-Men since the 2000s with no other character allowed to take the spotlight. If Storm got the leading role in the movies, the comics would follow for that synergy and I think she'd get a much better position. My issue with Storm being the MCU Thor of the X-Men is that the Avengers movies mostly highlighted the dynamic between Stark and Cap. They were the two major characters and Thor never got the same amount of spotlight as them when it came to the team dynamic so I feel the same would happen if they replicate that for Wolvie and Cyke.

I've heard Wolverine won't be introduced with the X-Men from the beginning so that may help but then again, they did that with the First Class movies and it was still the Xavier, Magneto, and Mystique show.