Page 662 of 772 FirstFirst ... 162562612652658659660661662663664665666672712762 ... LastLast
Results 9,916 to 9,930 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I think that kind of magic came out in Lovecraft, Cthulhu and the like tales...

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Chthon_(Earth-616)

I read on the same site that Magik's soulsword and armor carry eldritch energy, maybe because of Limbo? Storm learned magic inside Limbo must be one of the reasons, although these wikis can't be believed at all, his theory makes sense.
    It is in the comics carnage vol 2 #8 and #9 That the darkhold is a weakness of gods and monsters including the dark god chthon himself. The darkhold holds power from before creation itself from before well....before.

They also connected the darkhold to Atlantis before it fell. And we all know storm has direct lineage from Atlantis. The plot is like literally right there! All they need to do is put ink to paper. This feels very interesting because unlike any of the others storm is not merely a mystic but possibly a being of eldritch origin. It would be amazing if they could explore that as a plot or story but alas it's not in the cards for storm. Wanda is getting that development I am happy for her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Burn the Circle Perilous?! NEVER! I love that concept but I agree it shouldn’t be beaten to death either. I don’t think this should define Storm’s reign as the Regent, but I do love seeing her in action, and I think its prominence in the story may help explain/define how this role may impact Storm and the perception of what she sees as her mission.
    If she is gonna be dodging arrows and stabbing people she doesn't need the circle perilous for that she just needs the streets. Honestly I am confus d why she entertains them and their silly challenges when she has literally better things to do... She should just create a monster planetary storm that would quell them and their nonsense once an for all. But I do enjoy them street fights though.

BANNED

It could make an interesting fight, especially considering the location. If written competently I think Storm would tactically rely on her control over air and water vs lightning and electrical forces Vulcan could easily counter. She’s been able to create defensive counters to powerful energy attacks with wind alone. Vilcan has some impressive damage soak (his fight with Blackbolt) so while I think she would beat the breaks off of him in close quarters he definitely can take the punishment. I think She’d need her blades to finish him up close vs her fists/kicks/throws.I dont recall if he can shape energy into defensive shields (probably can) so he should be able also defend against Storm’s attacks. Both could go for a one shot by manipulating the electrical impulses in the brain, but Storm has some additional internal attacks With pressure manipulation and her control over water. Hard to say here imho. I’m at 50/50 at the moment.
    To be frank I am not taking a shot at storm over here but I doubt she can survive a fight against Gabriel based on their omega power set. Gabriel can manipulate all forms of energy even conceptual ones directly. He can sieze someone's power and is virtually indestructible taking a planet busting level attack from black bolt directly and still standing. Plus he has been shown to be downright potent compared to other omega mutants even single handedly taking over the entire shiar empire and ruling over it.

Unless Ewing pulls a tarn or decides to really tap into Storm's divinity in its entirely I don't see how she can beat him directly without resorting to dirty tactics. The guy can directly control all fundamental forces that govern the universe, magic, the energy of the pheonix and can even manipulate the energy of the mkraan crystal. Like nothing is beyond him but storm on the other hand needs her divinity to deal with sentient magical storms. I am a hard 80/20 in favor of Vulcan. If it were hadari yao I still don't know if storm would win but it might be close.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 10-16-2021 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    If she is gonna be dodging arrows and stabbing people she doesn't need the circle perilous for that she just needs the streets. Honestly I am confus d why she entertains them and their silly challenges when she has literally better things to do... She should just create a monster planetary storm that would quell them and their nonsense once an for all. But I do enjoy them street fights though.
    I think she entertains them out of respect for the culture and traditions. Plus I also think, while she doesn't leap to violence, she enjoys kicking asses as much as Wolverine . I don't foresee Ewing doing this a whole lot, but I think it should be enough to where it's clearly a consistent thing that she's dealing with, and if per persona, her decisions, and demeanor is part of her developmental change (since they said this journey for Storm would be covered over the next few years) I think it's important that we see it. I also think she that the upcoming fight with the Lethal Legion may also help solidify their respect.

To be frank I am not taking a shot at storm over here but I doubt she can survive a fight against Gabriel based on their omega power set. Gabriel can manipulate all forms of energy even conceptual ones directly. He can sieze someone's power and is virtually indestructible taking a planet busting level attack from black bolt directly and still standing. Plus he has been shown to be downright potent compared to other omega mutants even single handedly taking over the entire shiar empire and ruling over it.

Unless Ewing pulls a tarn or decides to really tap into Storm's divinity in its entirely I don't see how she can beat him directly without resorting to dirty tactics. The guy can directly control all fundamental forces that govern the universe, magic, the energy of the pheonix and can even manipulate the energy of the mkraan crystal. Like nothing is beyond him but storm on the other hand needs her divinity to deal with sentient magical storms. I am a hard 80/20 in favor of Vulcan. If it were hadari yao I still don't know if storm would win but it might be close.
    Fair points but I disagree. We've seen that Polaris crushing his armor around his body greatly hurt and damaged him (Storm could mirror this with pressure manipulation), strikes from Havok drew blood, and I've never seen him manipulate the physical elements. He is extremely powerful and durable so I can see where the odds can favor him. However, I am not see why her control over air, water and pressure wouldn't serve her here.

BANNED

Fair points but I disagree. We've seen that Polaris crushing his armor around his body greatly hurt and damaged him (Storm could mirror this with pressure manipulation), strikes from Havok drew blood, and I've never seen him manipulate the physical elements. He is extremely powerful and durable so I can see where the odds can favor him. However, I am not see why her control over air, water and pressure wouldn't serve her here.
    Yh that's why I said 80/20 that twenty is representing a miracle by which she pulls a Polaris and actually affects him but it won't stop him, a freaking cosmic bomb was needed to stop him unless storm is ready to unleash the total power of a supernova nothing short of that should take him down, plant busting moves couldn't even take him down and that one part with lorna getting the better of him I call PIS. And we know storm ain't gonna do that not now we'll most likely not ever!
    Now yes storms direct control over the elements should be able to give her an advantage but Gabriel can just as simply hijack her powers turn them of or use them as his own. Storm could initiate an attack with a though but so can he and in the end he is simply way too durable and can heal so he would easily outlast her. He withstood a full on attack from black bolt which should have atomized him and could have atomized entire cities.

Also Gabriel can absorb mutagenic energy which is the energy from the xgene that gives mutants their powers so omega level weather manipulation especially as it has been depicted soo far doesn't seem to trump omega level energy manipulation.

Now with storm's divinity one can say the tables would turn...but Gabriel's power over energy extends to very concepts themselves and I am very certain divine energy is in his repertoire. Unless hadari yao uses energy that is soooo beyond even the mkraan crystal, even she might not stand a chance against Gabriel.

This is the reason why I am very adamant when it comes to storm developing her powers. I am sure there is much she can do but as at now I doubt she can.... I mean in over 40 years it was only a few weeks ago that she could fly into space unaided, meanwhile Gabriel has done so countless times and jean telepathically bitch slapped a god last week again! Omegas have been developing it looks like storm is one of the few that is still slightly above when she started.
    Storm needs her powers developed, storm needs to be a damm omega weather manipulator already! Enough with the street fights she is in space let her stretch her omega and divine legs. But I digress.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Burn the Circle Perilous?! NEVER! I love that concept but I agree it shouldn’t be beaten to death either. I don’t think this should define Storm’s reign as the Regent, but I do love seeing her in action, and I think its prominence in the story may help explain/define how this role may impact Storm and the perception of what she sees as her mission.
    Ha! I agree. I love it as well and the GC. Still, those challenges need to be few and far between and her combatants be worthy of her OL status and GC status.

Quill Man and Lava Boy? Really?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

@Storm vs Vulcan replies:

Interesting PoVs guys. I knew Vulcan was strong (I mean obviously), but I didn't know he was that strong. I'd still like to see what Storm or rather a competent writer would have her do against such a enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Ha! I agree. I love it as well and the GC. Still, those challenges need to be few and far between and her combatants be worthy of her OL status and GC status.

Quill Man and Lava Boy? Really?

This is what makes me scratch my head. At least Lava Boy COULD have some credence behind his possible omega title, but what on Earth, or rather Arakko, is Mr. Upine going to bring to the table? Like unless those quills can burst through Adamantium or punch holes in reality I'm not seeing him being a threat to Storm even if she was powerless.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously. If it's going to be taking up page and panel space...make it mean something. Else it's just pointless tedium for show. The Voice of Sol aint gots no time to be performing for anyone's free entertainment.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously. If it's going to be taking up page and panel space...make it mean something. Else it's just pointless tedium for show. The Voice of Sol aint gots no time to be performing for anyone's free entertainment.
    I'm still holding out hope that Ewing is just planting the seeds and getting his feet wet. I can't believe that this is what we're going to keep getting given his interview. We don't really need a Storm: The Area pt 2.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    @Storm vs Vulcan replies:

Interesting PoVs guys. I knew Vulcan was strong (I mean obviously), but I didn't know he was that strong. I'd still like to see what Storm or rather a competent writer would have her do against such a enemy.
    Oh he is very very strong he is one of the very few mutants stated to be beyond omega. His power is soo great and soo versatile that there is almost nothing he can't do literally. Storm vs Vulcan is really not something I want to deliberate in because the truth is that storm would likely lose.

BANNED

Here is Adam warlock speaking about Vulcan... Mind you Adam has fought and beaten Thanos and gods with ease yet Gabriel scared the **** out of him due to his sheer power.
    Attachment 114779

Vulcan Vs Storm

I wonder if Storm can wrap his energies back onto him like she does the weather. Or set energies in motion to develop into something worthy. Or channel him through her to dissipate him like the dose the weather.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Vulcan Vs Storm

I wonder if Storm can wrap his energies back onto him like she does the weather. Or set energies in motion to develop into something worthy. Or channel him through her to dissipate him like the dose the weather.
    It would basically be a tug of war. Storm and Vulcan literally have the same powerset. Storm just specializes in weather manipulation. But has shown time after time she can manipulate energies Vulcan can.

Incredible Member

Guys I was right when I said tarn's amneth comment was alluding to something much bigger than we thought something far more primal.... Eldritch magic!

Attachment 114723

The jist of it is this: User can utilize Eldritch Magic, a variation of magic that is usually derived from some sort of Eldritch being. What this means ultimately depends on the universe it's used in, but more often than not it's not a good thing. Eldritch Magic practitioners are capable of doing things that can exceed many limitations of Magic usually at the cost of their physical form or their sanity. Eldritch Magic is usually accomplished via communion with eldritch masters. via super power wiki.

It is the magic they practice in the MCU.... But as a divine being it is possible storm has nigh unlimited reserves of this. Limbo storm was able to manipulate reality itself with her magic create, destroy, astral project and more!

Eldritch magic is possibly even greater than chaos magic as chthon the primordial god of chaos in marvel is the source of chaos magic is an Eldritch being himself. It us the very power that created and sustains all the eldritch terrors beings and gods. That would explain why hadari yao was considered to be a bigger god than the adversary who is a god himself because she is much more primal. Plus she also posses divine magic.... This is all confusing.

Any magic afficionado here can kindly clarify what exactly eldritch magic truly is.
    Well, Storm has an affinity to magic. She also has divine magic. Limbo Storm was stated to use White Magic which she trained Magik. So Eldritch magic may be a form of white magic which is why it's a weakness to Chaos magic. She showed affinity to vampires' magic which is necro magic.

But it's also weird because if you look at Eldritch magic it's supposed to be a dark form of magic. This means Limbo Storm didn't just have white magic as the story claimed for Limbo Storm but also the highest tier of dark magic.

This is why Storm is often written down. Her omega powers allow her to control the forces of reality. Not to mention Storm has the potential to wield multiple forms of magic. Goddess Storm already oneshotted Adversary. Limbo Storm defeated Belasco while was the ruler of Limbo which basically makes him omnipotent of that realm.
    Last edited by KLY360; 10-16-2021 at 10:30 PM.

Can Vulcan manipulate Magic and mystical abilities?