Page 258 of 772 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358758 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Thank you!
    Love those issues. It was a two-parter I believe that also ran through Cable’s series, and was a lead-in to the Onslaught event.

Last edited by Jackraow21; 05-12-2021 at 08:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    I believe Duggan said Storm is the Omega’s Omega because she is the only official God/Goddess out of them. It was also stated that her divinity was “more than any mutation” if i recall correctly, which means greater than even her omega level weather manipulation. That’s the only distinction I can make as each omega level mutant has an undefinable upper limit of their power’s classification. It’s no use of comparing them because at that level of power the winner would likely be determined by who gets the first hit or it would be a draw.
    At that level first second third is redundant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    (Again making up rules were none exist) Storm is an omega level weather manipulator, that’s what the current writer established so far.

According to whose handbook? You are making your own rules to fuel your own arguments, I don’t have to agree with any of it in fact I disagree with most of it, we are not discussing real physics here

P.S.
    As far as I am concerned I’m done discussing this, as I don’t think this is the proper thread to delve into this stuff
    Just my 2-cents.Reality warpers can warp almost anything and thus would be able to nullify other manipulators.They counter most other powers.They should in theory easily be able to nullify weather i.e. Reality warpers>>>weather manipulators.Again we have to take power levels in considaration.A low level reality warper won't be able to take a omega level weather manipulator head on.But a mid level could do it.When we are talking about people like Legion,Franklin and Wanda most people don't stand a chance.
    Also telepathy only beats them if they get the first hit.If the telepath gets the drop on them they win but the reality manipulator has a higher chance of getting the drop if they are skilled.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Just my 2-cents.Reality warpers can warp almost anything and thus would be able to nullify other manipulators.They counter most other powers.They should in theory easily be able to nullify weather i.e. Reality warpers>>>weather manipulators.Again we have to take power levels in considaration.A low level reality warper won't be able to take a omega level weather manipulator head on.But a mid level could do it.When we are talking about people like Legion,Franklin and Wanda most people don't stand a chance.
    Also telepathy only beats them if they get the first hit.If the telepath gets the drop on them they win but the reality manipulator has a higher chance of getting the drop if they are skilled.
    some powers are a bit tooo broken by nature.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    some powers are a bit tooo broken by nature.
    I just love how they say David can manifest omega powers when the definition of omega is one power with no limit. Storm can manipulate the natural energies in the world to create weather phenomenon but people love to leave that out and act as though she is just directly affecting the weather. Lol. Whether it's reality warping, telepathy etc they all rely on natural forces before they can break them. It just is what it is. There will always be a bias on all sides so it's kind of funny.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I love this look:

Yep it should. She can do that now meaning that her temperature control is basically infinite. At absolute zero and the planck temperature physics doesn't work or at least doesn't work well. That's why he said physics is f'ed at this point all reality time, space, gravity....etc don't work. I think this makes the possibility of her being stronger than the reality warpers more sense. Because she can reach a point where their power is redundant because there is no reality anymore to manipulate.

Really he has that's awesome I will like to see when. But also storms power is not just negative but positive and she can reach the theoretical limits of both putting her far above iceman in that regard.

Guys I just realized something how is storm the omegas omega when legion literally exists.
    yes:

though this scan indicates he can't quite get there:

now this scan i thought supported storm can achieve absolute zero as it says she created the coldest possible temp which we know is absolute zero:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I just love how they say David can manifest omega powers when the definition of omega is one power with no limit. Storm can manipulate the natural energies in the world to create weather phenomenon but people love to leave that out and act as though she is just directly affecting the weather. Lol. Whether it's reality warping, telepathy etc they all rely on natural forces before they can break them. It just is what it is. There will always be a bias on all sides so it's kind of funny.
    I believe the bias comes from the toxicity of battle forums.

By their nature omegas will always be fascinating, we have a definition official from marvel but we still want to know more. Their presence on a team makes the team intimidating. We or at least I want to know how they came to be why they came to be did the celestials need mutants to cultivate limitless power? All these things are mysteries left unexplored. Also is there a try out to see if you are omega day or what because I know cerebro detects them but bobby was under xavier's nose this whole time with omega potential till Emma pointed it out,or xavier did and didn't want to say anything.

Back to the goddess I would really love and establishment of her divine power we know she is the only omega mutant with inherent divinity. Unless the arrako have a mutant god walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes:

though this scan indicates he can't quite get there:

now this scan i thought supported storm can achieve absolute zero as it says she created the coldest possible temp which we know is absolute zero:

I don't think that's absolute zero I think the lowest possible temperature was referring to how cold wind could get. But a very strong freeze feat. We just need these editor notes back it pains me that it's no more they explained soo much. But back on track for storm to really cement her temperature manipulation I wanna see her melt metal preferably adamantium in seconds or freeze a nuclear reaction. I also want to see her create shock waves it's within her prospect.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

How we feelin'? Hot-Hot-Hot!
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-12-2021 at 11:04 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I don't think that's absolute zero I think the lowest possible temperature was referring to how cold wind could get. But a very strong freeze feat. We just need these editor notes back it pains me that it's no more they explained soo much. But back on track for storm to really cement her temperature manipulation I wanna see her melt metal preferably adamantium in seconds or freeze a nuclear reaction. I also want to see her create shock waves it's within her prospect.
    yea that scan brought about an interesting debate on another site and though I'm in the camp that believes this scan could support absolute zero control however i understand for most since it doesn't explicitly state absolute zero there will be pushback here. so even if you discount that scan look at the following.

that said, ororo was stated to create temperatures as cold as space during this run:

and deep space canonically is defined at absolute zero:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea that scan brought about an interesting debate on another site and though I'm in the camp that believes this scan could support absolute zero control however i understand for most since it doesn't explicitly state absolute zero there will be pushback here. so even if you discount that scan look at the following.

that said, ororo was stated to create temperatures as cold as space during this run:

and deep space canonically is defined at absolute zero:

Yaaassssss

What was Rachel doing to storm and also psylocke said the storm is just getting started.

Outer space is close, but it's not as cold as absolute zero. In an empty void of space, far from any star like the sun, the temp would drop to -454.67° F. While that's unfathomably cold, it's not absolute zero. Absolute zero is measured at -459.67°. So outer space is about 5° warmer than absolute zero.

Butterflykyss's scans are very on point, though. Unless Storm trying stop a nuclear reaction by lower the temperature to absolute zero to stop all atomic motion, I am not sure that 5° means anything! It's still brutally cold and enough to stop/kill most beings!

Yaaassssss

What was Rachel doing to storm and also Psylocke said the storm is just getting started.
    That was the storyline when Psylocke came back from the dead. They were in the savage land fighting some dinosaur like people called the Hauk'ka. Rachael was taken over by one of their telepaths and then used to beat the X-Men. (Storm alone was pretty much curb-stomping them until Rachel intervened.) Rachel's subconscious tapped into her telekinetic powers and she so aligned with the dino people after their telepathic assault that her powers began rewriting her DNA on a genetic level, gradually turning her into one of the dino folk.

Part of the Dino crew's plan once they capture Storm was to use her to create global Storms to wipe out humanity. Rachel was used to amplify and sustains Storm's powers to create a series of storms that once they merged would be able to go on their own and basically wipe out humans.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Can she and Bobby go absolute? That's a very high possibility given their OL status but...Thing is...she and Bobby don't really need to go to Absolute Zero because even at -100 degrees C. (let's just say) whatever they're facing goes inert.
    Same with going hotter. There is usually no reason to go to the highest/lowest of those extremes.

With regards to that Dino-Rach'el story and X-run in general...not one of Claremont's finest moments, sadly.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-12-2021 at 11:50 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I believe the bias comes from the toxicity of battle forums.

By their nature omegas will always be fascinating, we have a definition official from marvel but we still want to know more. Their presence on a team makes the team intimidating. We or at least I want to know how they came to be why they came to be did the celestials need mutants to cultivate limitless power? All these things are mysteries left unexplored. Also is there a try out to see if you are omega day or what because I know cerebro detects them but bobby was under xavier's nose this whole time with omega potential till Emma pointed it out,or xavier did and didn't want to say anything.

Back to the goddess I would really love and establishment of her divine power we know she is the only omega mutant with inherent divinity. Unless the arrako have a mutant god walking around.
    Sometimes i'm extremely literal so for me when i saw storm's powers described in the first panel no one could tell me anything different. I didn't need the name omega to let my mind know what she could do but i was so pleased when it happened because it should be a fact and i see how people twist things for Storm if there is a shred of "doubt" left. When it comes to omegas though one thing i find fascinating is all of them have psionic powers in nature. I wonder if there are omega's out there with physical abilities.

I love the idea of her godhood being explored. If i was doing it i would have her reclaim kenya from Wankanda who has it as a protetorate and place a habitat there so she can also help to build up her very first worshippers. I love the idea of storm navigating the magical world as she sets up a mutant pantheon and sort of like zeus the "conduit" she creates in a way feeds off her divinity and her pantheon starts to form. That's the personal level of stories i want her to be at if i'm talking about what i want to see for the mutant goddess. Shiar have gods, Asgardians, humans, so in the MU i think mutants need them to to defend against those level of threats.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-12-2021 at 11:54 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

When it comes to her supposed divinity we know exactly “squat”, marvel needs to put up or shut up, the x-office are treating this plot point like a fancy confidence boosting metaphorical title
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    When it comes to her supposed divinity we know exactly “squat”, marvel needs to put up or shut up, the x-office are treating this plot point like a fancy confidence boosting metaphorical title
    On that I agree

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Sometimes i'm extremely literal so for me when i saw storm's powers described in the first panel no one could tell me anything different. I didn't need the name omega to let my mind know what she could do but i was so pleased when it happened because it should be a fact and i see how people twist things for Storm if there is a shred of "doubt" left. When it comes to omegas though one thing i find fascinating is all of them have psionic powers in nature. I wonder if there are omega's out there with physical abilities.

I love the idea of her godhood being explored. If i was doing it i would have her reclaim kenya from Wankanda who has it as a protetorate and place a habitat there so she can also help to build up her very first worshippers. I love the idea of storm navigating the magical world as she sets up a mutant pantheon and sort of like zeus the "conduit" she creates in a way feeds off her divinity and her pantheon starts to form. That's the personal level of stories i want her to be at if i'm talking about what i want to see for the mutant goddess. Shiar have gods, Asgardians, humans, so in the MU i think mutants need them to to defend against those level of threats.
    I don't think there can be an omega with physical abilities I don think it can't happen but I don't think it will. For All hulks stength there are limits they try to stretch said limits but ultimately he isn't as powerful as a fundamental force but hey this is comics , but with psionics the mind is literally endless and abstract the upper boundary of is literally undefinable some can imagine towns others universes. Everyone and their capability inherent to their psyche.
    Every omega power with the exception of legion is the psionic power to manipulate something even legions power is rooted in psionics. They are in theory as strong as their imagination. Take bobby who was an omega for like ever but lacked intitiative and imagination till Emma possessed him. The power is tied directly to their psyche and psyche has no limits.