Page 40 of 772 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140540 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yes there is a way. Ultimately these are fictional characters so putting any level of real level emotion onto the actis of violence they commit is actually honestly a little different and weird to me. i mean talking about it for conversations purpose is one thing but attributing it to a perosn who was actually oppressed in real life who has actually lived a life of fear and discrimination to what some writer put down on paper and coming for his personal thouhts, for me, seems low. I could be completely wrong, i admit it, but it is what it is. I'm done now.

And one last thing and i'm out for a while. if you don't understand what my post has to do with black love please stop using it because you don't know what your talking about. It sounds cute to you i guess but black love is a community not a couple.
    You equating that tweet and any disagreement to it with black love, and I say this respectfully, doesn't make sense. You keep taking digs any chance you get towards me specifically for whatever reason even when it isn't relevant to the discussion. You did it most recently in the spoilers thread for Marauders bringing up black love when it was not relevant to anything and I ignored it.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Preview/page3

Coates nor Black love was even mentioned but you derailed that discussion for what exactly? There is some type of unnecessary energy beloved you need to let go. It's 2021. At any rate I will discuss what I want when I want as it pertains to appreciating Storm. if you dont like it you can always mute, block, or skip over my responses as I do with many posters in here that I care not to engage with.

#blacklovewins

Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-19-2021 at 06:20 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I strongly disagree. There is no rationale way to view her as right IMO. Yes people have died and or been hurt by mutants (Magneto and any number of villians). That does not make it okay to commit genocide of nearly 90% of that group, most of whom were innocent. And she didnt do it as some altruistic act to protect and stick up for the average human thats been hurt. She was crazy and wanted to hurt Magneto. There was nothing right about what she did or her motivations behind it
    agreed, genocide is never a good answer

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It was a personal opinion. Not a very astute one, nor even an original one (that has been bandied back and forth on this board several times over).
    We get it, he's not revered and honoured Coates...no need to be messy and petty, trying to make him out to be the "worst human ever!!!"

Storm would be ashamed of the way some of you behave.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-19-2021 at 06:39 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Well this thread is a barrel of fun...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It was a personal opinion. Not a very astute one, nor even an original one (that has been bandied back and forth on this board several times over).
    We get it, he's not revered and honoured Coates...no need to be messy and petty, trying to make him out to be the "worst human ever!!!"

Storm would be ashamed of the way some of you behave.
    I don't think anyone was trying to make him out to be the worst human ever ( but then again that form of hyperbole is something that you are well acquainted to using in order to minimize a very valid point) they merely critiqued a statement that a writer made where he basically said that a marginalized group deserved the genocide that they got. Add that to the fact that that very same writer is going to be writing an issue where Storm appears in and well there's nothing out of the ordinary about the reactions in this thread.

This is low-key starting to seem like gaslighting.
    Last edited by loke13; 01-20-2021 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I don't think anyone was trying to make him out to be the worst human ever ( but then again that form of hyperbole is something that you are well acquainted to using in order to minimize a very valid point) they merely critiqued a statement that a writer made where he basically said that a marginalized group deserved the genocide that they got. Add that to the fact that that very same writer is going to be writing an issue where Storm appears in and well there's nothing out of the ordinary about the reactions in this thread.

Oh it def seems like gaslighting. It seems like people are trying to tear a person who is a part of a real life marginal group for an opinion on a fictional one but it is what is it is. I'm glad you said gaslighting cause i def think that is what this is in i feel its in a way to tear down a black writer who is not a fan of Storm and BP because if you read the actual thread before they brought all this over they were talking about how he isn't a fan of Storm and BP and butterflykiss was all over it and "Black love" when he thought it was tchalla racing to save Storm. So don't pee in my glass and try to say it's lemonade. So at least keep up if your gonna jump in on somebody behalf.

A man career could take a huge hit from accusations such as these.

And just to add if this isn't more personal wheres the shock and awe about Booth drawing Storm. I mean she is female and part of a minority group.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-20-2021 at 05:30 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

At least they knew hyperbole when they read it...if not it's actual usage. You can't win them all.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    in which issue he gonna write Storm?
    He may not actually write her...as she shows up in the preview pre-"Knullification".
    If T'Challa confronts her in story (only a base assumption)...she and others will be knullified versions of themselves so technically not their true selves.

Storm by Mel Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Storm by Mel Milton
    damn now that is nice!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

How about let the book come out and then judge?

Especially when OTHER writers are not being hunted down like this.

And lets not forget NAMOR powered by SOMETHING tried to wipe out Wakanda and to this day MANY want him to go back and FINISH the job.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    How about let the book come out and then judge?

Especially when OTHER writers are not being hunted down like this.

And lets not forget NAMOR powered by SOMETHING tried to wipe out Wakanda and to this day MANY want him to go back and FINISH the job.
    no one said the issue was going to be bad. it was mentioned only that there was concern in the regards to his writing of storm seeing his recent comments on twitter stating mutants deserved what occurred when Wanda depowered them. that does not even include the same writer's statements about storm on cbr forum that are just as inflammatory. nevertheless, all this other "outrage" regarding attacking the writer personally and black love is nonsense.

and to be fair other writers ARE "hunted" down like this especially in other forums where certain bp writers are not appreciated for their depiction of wakanda. im most certainly you are aware of this fact.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-20-2021 at 08:50 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Storm by Mel Milton
    Beautiful!!

I don't know...I love the collar with the gold accent, but with the bustier with the small X insignia. I hate the tops of her boots (I'm assuming they're her boots) are so high up (they should always be just above knee...just a personal preference)
    With all that said...for me the bustier is an "Emma" look and especially with that collar piece...

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Beautiful!!
    agreed that is gorgeous!! very fierce!