Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    1 & 2. It was the "Is Jean really Ororo's best friend". Google is supreme, change my mind!! But yes, too many pages to read.

As for if Jean is racist as of now, I'd say no. Nothing really says that Jean harbors anything but love for Storm. And honestly I would think that Storm would be smart enough to know if her best friend/sister was racist even "a little bit". I mean hell, Storm openly invited Jean into her soul/the afterlife to meet her parents. Not something I'd do for a racist even "a little bit" of one.

But your scan makes a valid point, especially the part about the merging of souls. On some level no matter how deep there had to be a seed there that Dark Phoenix amplified.

In any case as I mentioned earlier I don't believe Jean is a racist. Maybe I'm naïve but I like my racists to be loud. Say you hate me with your whole chest!

3. Lmao oh my. Maybe I shouldn't! I don't want to get you in trouble. You know certain people here are quick to bark loud but whimper when they get called out.
    1. gotcha boo.

2. yea I know canonically speaking after the events Claremont wrote it was swept under a rug as if it never happened but regardless of subsequent events the events then speak for themselves. do I believe Jean cares for ororo, sure but its hard being a storm fan to ignore those panels, especially considering she's answered for so many things the Phoenix did during that period. why is that occurrence the one that is glossed over considering this truth?

that said, the intent of the post was never to suggest she is racist. its to make a point she harbored racist thoughts against a woman who is allegedly her best friend. people can decide how they choose to read this and reconcile it but for me it was a very low moment for that character which she's never truly recovered.

3. let's see the meme first and then we can go from there in terms of if it will be used lol.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-16-2021 at 12:07 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!