Page 330 of 772 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I have always said that it's dumb that Storm is a weather manipulator and all she does is shoot lightning. Still it's very easy for these writers to throw a power feat her way and then be done with the character. And that's all this was. Impressive, but that doesn't help the character move forward
    Say it! I love feats I really do but I love character stuff a bit more. And this whole run well my feeling on that is there. The climate stuff was very impressive but it feels like a bone we have people saying soso and so made the air breathable whilst others say it's storm. More panel statements would have been nice but oh well we got what we got might as well enjoy it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Also..i havent given my detail thoughts but i wasnt blown away by stormd showings in planet size. I feel if they would have shown her bonding with the planet, psionically melding with the planet it would have done more FOR ME lol. I just hate shes stuck as the weather girl. Lets go deeper, writers..
    there was actually one part that made me think that she was connected to the planet. when she told magneto the planet was alive. for me I dont think she would be able to declare such a statement without being bonded on an empathic level.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    This was dope. I even liked the Lil Kim wigs at the end lol
    that part made me laugh lkl
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Technically Storm has now created Wind on two planets now. Sure in PSX she was doing far more. But also in GSXStorm she did the same when they went into the World. She Gifted the World wind, Which right there alone was an Omega feat and now PSX she doing so much more and far more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    there was actually one part that made me think that she was connected to the planet. when she told magneto the planet was alive. for me I dont think she would be able to declare such a statement without being bonded on an empathic level.
    lkl
    I don't know that felt like an observation rather than an empathetic thing...I guess storm saying it gave that impression.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Technically Storm has now created Wind on two planets now. Sure in PSX she was doing far more. But also in GSXStorm she did the same when they went into the World. She Gifted the World wind, Which right there alone was an Omega feat and now PSX she doing so much more and far more.
    She gifted the world wind but gave an entire climate to Mars. That is mighty.

I know her Omega feat is not snuffing out suns and summoning all the Cosmic engery to her to become the Cosmic Wonder That is Storm but I am enjoying her Stunting and flexing her skill quite more. Especially when she doesn't have to worry about the overall repercussions of said flex.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I don't know that felt like an observation rather than an empathetic thing...I guess storm saying it gave that impression.
    when she said the planet was alive and they were her tears of joy it felt like she was speaking from her connection with Mars. maybe she wasn't being literal but with her when she says language like that it's not typically from the metaphorical sense.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I know her Omega feat is not snuffing out suns and summoning all the Cosmic engery to her to become the Cosmic Wonder That is Storm but I am enjoying her Stunting and flexing her skill quite more. Especially when she doesn't have to worry about the overall repercussions of said flex.
    it's a nice addition to her planetary feats; she's never created an entire climate for a dead planet so that's impressive but I get folks here wanting to see something outside the typical lightning show. I'm sure will get some larger scale feats in the future beyond what we saw today.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-17-2021 at 01:33 AM.

BANNED

Woooahhh you just reminded me of the god tempest a storm soo powerful it was the size of a galaxy and could stuff out stars and obliterate entire planets and moons in moments. A storm soo powerful it took all of Odin's Odin force might plus the gods of Asgard just to contain it. Like Rob from comics explained I wonder if when pushed farther enough storm could do this it should be a very possible feat which would end every single debate that tries to lowball her capabilities, it would also give heft to the goddess that the xoffice keeps calling her but not showing her as. But I do agree the smaller though planet size feats are very welcome.

BANNED

it's a nice addition to her planetary feats; she's never created an entire climate for a dead planet so that's impressive but I get folks here wanting to see something outside the typical lightning show. I'm sure will get some larger scale feats in the future beyond what we saw today.
    I just realized that on the data page from nada the climate isn't set and will need periodic fine tuning. I realize that this could be deliberate on storms part so she actually streatch her omega legs in Mars when need be. Because remember on earth the system is set and prestablished, tampering with it could lead to destruction of whole ecosystems but on Mars she set the terms hence can bend the forces more viciously and more violently while minimizing reprecausions.

While we are speaking of power what I find odd is the use of the term “goddess” without any x-office story actually elaborating on the matter, it’s a double edged sword because at this point you get the risk of watering down the meaning, they make it sound somehow metaphorical…… but is she? How was it “ scientifically” determined? When? It begs some exploration, even self discovery on Ororo’s part, you can’t just drop this bomb in a side title (BP) and then forget about it, I always get the feeling that they want to have their cake and eat it too…..meaning that while they like to trow the term around to titillate us (the fans) they just won’t really commit to it and could at any time claim plausible deniability.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

When Storm said the planet was alive she had absolutely connected empathically with it. That's how her subliminal powers work. On Earth...knowing when there was something wrong or needed or right, and now on Planet Arakko. She helped bring it back to life so yes...she would absolutely have to be in empathetic connection with it to know that what she and the others did was sufficient. It's a quiet power but it is always there.
    I could probably go as far as to say it might even be a stronger connection than the one she has with Earth simply because she played an intrinsic role in its existence. On Planet Arakko She is the Bright Lady.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I just realized that on the data page from nada the climate isn't set and will need periodic fine tuning. I realize that this could be deliberate on storms part so she actually streatch her omega legs in Mars when need be. Because remember on earth the system is set and prestablished, tampering with it could lead to destruction of whole ecosystems but on Mars she set the terms hence can bend the forces more viciously and more violently while minimizing reprecausions.
    I took it as though she was still establishing the perfect conditions for more than just earth beings so as new beings arrive or other life forms start to emerge she may need to adjust things for those life forms alien and local. As much life was revived there was still new life introduced especially in the oceans.

I also 1000% agree with Devaishwarya, storm most definitely has a connection to the planet. If she had one to trion, and earth, and other dimensions, there is no doubt in my mind she would have a deep one to a planet she helped revive. Given what has been going on in Guardians and Sword i got more amped up as Planet size settled in my mind. I am glad i started following those two books.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    When Storm said the planet was alive she had absolutely connected empathically with it. That's how her subliminal powers work. On Earth...knowing when there was something wrong or needed or right, and now on Planet Arakko. She helped bring it back to life so yes...she would absolutely have to be in empathetic connection with it to know that what she and the others did was sufficient. It's a quiet power but it is always there.
    I could probably go as far as to say it might even be a stronger connection than the one she has with Earth simply because she played an intrinsic role in its existence. On Planet Arakko She is the Bright Lady.
    That makes sense. I mean any charachter could have said it storm saying it implied an intimate awareness of the planet.

Spectacular Member

My thoughts on Storm's role in Planet Size X Men today, it was so quick that it kind of left more questions than answers. It's clear to me that she established the climate and atmosphere for the planet as after her work suddenly everyone could breathe. As far as some of the other speculations regarding the Regent of Sol stuff, I don't see where that even comes from. It seems like the panel of her flying down and walking into that hall was just to meet Magneto who was planting the flower for the portal. I didn't really see any character value or shift in this for Storm. She just did her part pretty much and congratulated Magneto. So as far as this giving indication of where she is going in the future, or something to hope for, I didn't see any of that. I actually wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't play any more of a role in this at all. I also don't see any ghost of a clue of what the so called big plans are. The only thing that makes me slightly suspicious (and it's a big leap since these cards have not had much meaning outside of the event), is the death card Storm had in XOS. She was riding on a horse as a leader of a "horde". It makes me wonder if perhaps that was foreshadowing of Storm leading Arrako and perhaps having issues with Death and his horde as an arch villain (since he would probably have some feelings of being the proper ruler etc. He is from Arrako afterall). BUT again that's a HUGE stretch. I just didn't see the monumental shift and even if what she did was huge, the one panel and short explanation kind of robbed it of its value especially given that what most of the other characters were doing was somewhat equally impressive things as well (although many had to be assisted by Hope).
    Last edited by Sdawg; 06-17-2021 at 06:34 AM.