Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
My thoughts on Storm's role in Planet Size X Men today, it was so quick that it kind of left more questions than answers. It's clear to me that she established the climate and atmosphere for the planet as after her work suddenly everyone could breathe. As far as some of the other speculations regarding the Regent of Sol stuff, I don't see where that even comes from. It seems like the panel of her flying down and walking into that hall was just to meet Magneto who was planting the flower for the portal. I didn't really see any character value or shift in this for Storm. She just did her part pretty much and congratulated Magneto. So as far as this giving indication of where she is going in the future, or something to hope for, I didn't see any of that. I actually wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't play any more of a role in this at all. I also don't see any ghost of a clue of what the so called big plans are. The only thing that makes me slightly suspicious (and it's a big leap since these cards have not had much meaning outside of the event), is the death card Storm had in XOS. She was riding on a horse as a leader of a "horde". It makes me wonder if perhaps that was foreshadowing of Storm leading Arrako and perhaps having issues with Death and his horde as an arch villain (since he would probably have some feelings of being the proper ruler etc. He is from Arrako afterall). BUT again that's a HUGE stretch. I just didn't see the monumental shift and even if what she did was huge, the one panel and short explanation kind of robbed it of its value especially given that what most of the other characters were doing was somewhat equally impressive things as well (although many had to be assisted by Hope).
The death card is one of complete metamorphosis and change into something new.