Page 335 of 772 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385435 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 11576
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I agree she's definitely used EM and I recall this instance. I just mean taking direct control over the metal itself vs using a magnetic field to attract the metal in the scan. Like I can't imagine her shaping the metal or rotating the liquid magma, let alone at a speed needed.
    That's the thing though...she probably could find ways to do most of what occurred but...it would have taken vast amounts of energy and time. This issue showed the power of team work.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That's the thing though...she probably could find ways to do most of what occurred but...it would have taken vast amounts of energy and time. This issue showed the power of team work.
    You are right hence why the omega mutants were all invited. Ok her own yh she could do a majority of these things but it would take a while, but with others it took a few hours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Looking forward to sword and GOTG. I don't want to get my hopes up but i do feel storm is going to be the regent but i dunno. I also think if she is she will hopefully play a part in galaxy etc but then i would not be suprised if they give it to namor since, yeah. But i also think it would be beneficial to have Namor and the Atleanas move to Arrako where he can rule the seas but then i'm sure there must be some Arrako mutants that are water based as well so could be interesting seeing Storm trying to bring those two together on planet and interact off planet. But i've completely pulled back to wait and see though no matter what happens i'm sticking with GOTG and Sword. I mean just the last few issues of GOTG had me thinking "storm, storm storm" they way they were talking about the rarity of finding new planets or planets that can support life. I could easily imagine storm helping to heal planets as a way to get allies and outreach. I still remain very satisfied with what we got of Storm in dawn and i remember even back then we weren't even expecting what we did get. lol

Until they started gassing up our expectations. I honestly feel this is the first time i've really had expectations of some form of prominence but to me that one falls on the team because they kept saying. "big plans coming. Story arc." So naw expectations aren't on us this time around.
    I don't think sobunar would permit namor coming to rule his ocean his blood. What is going to happen is soo much we really need a title dedicated to the Sol regent and the arakki mutants how they play off each other I guess sword would handle that bit I am excited to see them yesterday I really enjoyed the arakki mutants and have become a Stan. I also hope the regent is storm there is strong evidence it's her but we have to wait and see.

Fantastic Member

So Storm's big moment that we'd all be talking about in Planet Sized X-Men was...what, exactly?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    So Storm's big moment that we'd all be talking about in Planet Sized X-Men was...what, exactly?
    Creating the entire climate ad weather system for the entire planet. Climate involves the convection currents which control tectonics and geothermal gradients, ocean currents and migration patterns, weather systems among others. It's a big feat and she did it all unaided.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I don't think sobunar would permit namor coming to rule his ocean his blood. What is going to happen is soo much we really need a title dedicated to the Sol regent and the arakki mutants how they play off each other I guess sword would handle that bit I am excited to see them yesterday I really enjoyed the arakki mutants and have become a Stan. I also hope the regent is storm there is strong evidence it's her but we have to wait and see.
    I would definitely not mind a STORM: Regent of Sol book.

It would definitely be interesting, i think as a living ecosystem he would have a fondness for them. Could you imagine namor creating a training system or right of passage where young atlanteans have to survive the oceans of sobunar on arrako. lol.

If Storm does join sword at this point i would definitely have my mind blown in a good way. Especially with Dr. Doom there right now and Ewing writing both GOTG and SWORD.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Creating the entire climate ad weather system for the entire planet. Climate involves the convection currents which control tectonics and geothermal gradients, ocean currents and migration patterns, weather systems among others. It's a big feat and she did it all unaided.
    Another meaningless feat. Great.

Meanwhile Cyclops and Jean get to be the co-main stars of the new flagship team. Remember when Storm was as important to the franchise as they were?

Meanwhile Cyclops and Jean get to be the co-main stars of the new flagship team. Remember when Storm was as important to the franchise as they were?

What do you mean meaningless!?
    Granted as Storm fan we've been saying she can do these things and more from her inception and just because The XWriter are just late to the party doesn't mean it wasn't meaningful.

And I know the others are just speculating but if Storm was chosen for Regent of Sol would it than be worthy?

And what would you consider a worthy Storm feat ?
    This question goes out to everyone.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 06-18-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

yea right now storm is very much directionless to the franchise. I dont think you can argue with that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Granted as Storm fan we've been saying she can do these things and more from her inception and just because The XWriter are just late to the party doesn't mean it wasn't meaningful.

And I know the others are just speculating but if Storm was chosen for Regent of Sol would it than be worthy?

I don't care about feats, they don't make a character interesting imo.

I just want her to be treated as important to the franchise as they treat Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, Emma and Magneto.

I understand that Cyclops and Jean are kind of the "main" characters of the franchise but she should be equal to them.

I wonder if things would be different today if she was part of Morrison's cast.

I don't really think in terms of feats because my mind fills in those things for me. Like in planet size we know for a fact all the mutants were on a small ship together on their way to mars, meaning they all arrived there at the same time and were doing their thing, which is why hope was never with Storm because the whole time she was in the sky over seeing what they were doing it making it work together as evident by the cyclone in the sky over iceman. So to me i thought dang she is really holding it down. Or like when people say lightning lass i'm usually thinking, "um, you know she uses wind to fly right?"

But then there are blatant direspects which are rare Like bendis bug mouth foaming. For a character that got to do absolutely nothing her entire time in avengers that irked me big time. But those times are rare.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I don't care about feats, they don't make a character interesting imo.

I just want her to be treated as important to the franchise as they treat Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, Emma and Magneto.

I understand that Cyclops and Jean are kind of the "main" characters of the franchise but she should be equal to them.

I wonder if things would be different today if she was part of Morrison's cast.
    I think this is fair considering she is the most popular female character they have. she is always on merchandising, always on covers but why do the stories told never reflect the importance of the character? I think your criticism is fair and valid.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

My Storm Feat would again be combating a group while being in a volatile situation solo and having to do multiple things simultaneously for an extended amount of time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think this is fair considering she is the most popular female character they have. she is always on merchandising, always on covers but why do the stories told never reflect the importance of the character? I think your criticism is fair and valid.
    I think we know the true answer to this. Marvel wants to appear that they care about diversity so include her on their merchandise but don't pay the same respect to her or black comic book readers in reality.

My Storm Feat would again be combating a group while being in a volatile situation solo and having to do multiple things simultaneously for an extended amount of time.
    I'm going to need to see some displays other than weather control. ororo should be taking out bots with em blasts, radiation waves, freezing opponents insides and shutting people down by forcefully taking control of their bodily fluids. im a bit tire of the lack of creativity.