Page 428 of 772 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478528 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the best way I can distinguish between a gods powers and a mutants or other super powered person ability is spiritual versus physical . what I mean by this is that God powers can impact obviously the spiritual eleme to as well as those grounded in science (physical) but the same is not true of physical based powers. adversary mentioned this difference when he first encountered the xmen:

this is why though super heroes like magneto may have god like abilities they are not actual true gods as their powers are not spiritual based. the other attributes you mentioned i would agree with a distinguishing trait.
    I agree with this. I see it more like if someone has faith in you that you can do anything and enough people had that faith that you become a god then your abilities can effect anything because that is what they believe in and that what is what empowered them to godhood. Lik you may believe spiderman can stop a robbery but how many people think spiderman can stop an alien armada let alone mythical gods, but ig enough people did actually believe it (unlikely) spiderman might materialize the strength to do it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

how do you see her using her powers more on a cosmic or astronomical level?
    Oh easy storm is an egro atmokinetic she manipulates energy and forces behind weather phenomena at the universal level. She is very powerful in space because in space there is no true limit to the amount of elements. It has been discovered by scientist that the core of galaxies all have supermassive blackholes and that these black holes spit out energy and matter at the speed of light. This energy and matter is pushed into the inter galactic medium and then it leads to increase in nebula and star formation. Nebulas are basically systems of hydrogen and helium gas and they lead to the formation of stars, planets and even galaxies. I see storm delving deeper into nebula manipulation and plasma manipulation.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I agree with this. I see it more like if someone has faith in you that you can do anything and enough people had that faith that you become a god then your abilities can effect anything because that is what they believe in and that what is what empowered them to godhood. Lik you may believe spiderman can stop a robbery but how many people think spiderman can stop an alien armada let alone mythical gods, but ig enough people did actually believe it (unlikely) spiderman might materialize the strength to do it.

I think the only thing I would add is that the dd or "divine dna" needs to be there to elevate a man to the power of a God.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Oh easy storm is an egro atmokinetic she manipulates energy and forces behind weather phenomena at the universal level. She is very powerful in space because in space there is no true limit to the amount of elements. It has been discovered by scientist that the core of galaxies all have supermassive blackholes and that these black holes spit out energy and matter at the speed of light. This energy and matter is pushed into the inter galactic medium and then it leads to increase in nebula and star formation. Nebulas are basically systems of hydrogen and helium gas and they lead to the formation of stars, planets and even galaxies. I see storm delving deeper into nebula manipulation and plasma manipulation.
    oh yes yes yes. if storm is manipulating black holes and their energy at the speed of light I would die ok!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I'm truly overwhelmed right now. The amount of love I've received today is truly one that brings me joy and so very appreciative of the kindness. It sincerely means a lot to me. What made you start to delve into her in 2018 and what was it on 2020 that made you truly connect with her????

For your last statement that really means so much. I remember not knowing anything really about storm when I first started posting here and had some really knowledgeable storm fans offer great advice on her to be a better fan who offers more to her appreciation. I'm so humbled and happy that I was able to contribute in any way in your journey and im so happy forums like this have allowed for us to share with one another the wonder that is Storm!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you so much friend!!!
    So my story is very complicated, but before getting into RPGs I already knew this world of superheroes, in movies and animations, but it was thanks to the Rpgs that I participated that was the key for me to explore the world of comics. In this poorly managed Rpgs is a toxic place (Magneto fans, Thor and others), where there are always those arrogant, proud ones who despise the other characters (I was kind of influenced by that), but I always looked at Ororo with different eyes, but although I thought she was weak. The connection I had was because I've always liked elemental powers, energy, spiritual (I'm an Avatar lover), and I saw that Ororo had everything and more, so I told myself I didn't allow myself to be influenced, I should do more research on background on the characters' powers, in debates and forums (that's when you came into my life, it filled me up a lot)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So my story is very complicated, but before getting into RPGs I already knew this world of superheroes, in movies and animations, but it was thanks to the Rpgs that I participated that was the key for me to explore the world of comics. In this poorly managed Rpgs is a toxic place (Magneto fans, Thor and others), where there are always those arrogant, proud ones who despise the other characters (I was kind of influenced by that), but I always looked at Ororo with different eyes, but although I thought she was weak. The connection I had was because I've always liked elemental powers, energy, spiritual (I'm an Avatar lover), and I saw that Ororo had everything and more, so I told myself I didn't allow myself to be influenced, I should do more research on background on the characters' powers, in debates and forums (that's when you came into my life, it filled me up a lot)
    did you enjoy the rpgs beyond dome of the toxic stuff you experienced? what about storm did you think made her weak at that time? was there anything that surprised you upon doing your research and if so what was it?

I love love love the avatar!! it is so well written and a lot of that (elemental powers, spirituality) does put me in the mind of ororo.

and im seriously all smiles right now you are so very kind with your words!!! the storm fandom have a good numbers of knowledgeable fans if ever you have questions we all are here to support one another!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Exactly how i see it. Otherwise all marvel gods based on their system would need continual prayer, including thor. Once you've ascended you've done just that. But i think Storm is the first goddess or god to ascend from a mortal coil without dying first.
    I think she will become Mars version of Gaea. The earth mother. I think as she proves herself the Arraki will believe in her. And it was awesome to see her use divine power to beat the Adversary in Coats run. I think it helped paved the way for her to be Regent in Mars.

I'm mist certain she will use her colleagues talents for resources as some point but I imagine she would want to first earn their respect under her own abilities. im sure the arrakii may seeher bringing in help as a form of weakness.
    True but I'd rather her be safe than sorry. These is a brand-new ballgame and she's never really dealt with people like this. I think her usual diplomacy won't really work all that well.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think she will become Mars version of Gaea. The earth mother. I think as she proves herself the Arraki will believe in her. And it was awesg=ome to see her use divine power to beat the Adversary in Coats run. I think it helped paved the way for her to be Regent in Mars.
    Would be cool if she and Gaea would have a conversation. Does Storm still worship Gaea or does her evolution into a Goddess change the dynamic?
    Last edited by Subliminally; 07-26-2021 at 08:55 PM.

did you enjoy the rpgs beyond dome of the toxic stuff you experienced? what about storm did you think made her weak at that time? was there anything that surprised you upon doing your research and if so what was it?

I love love love the avatar!! it is so well written and a lot of that (elemental powers, spirituality) does put me in the mind of ororo.

and im seriously all smiles right now you are so very kind with your words!!! the storm fandom have a good numbers of knowledgeable fans if ever you have questions we all are here to support one another!!
    So RPG is my second family, there were very good and bad moments, but if it wasn't for them I would never know comics universe. At the time I was very insecure and ignorant (I did not like the old comics at the time, I hated the drawings I thought were too tacky, lol), I listened to "the haters" more than I did, and I got so many opinions because of them, I just wanted powerful characters of the Thor levels, "supernovas and solar system", I liked the standard characters like Thor, Superman, Wonder Woman, Iron Man... (in the sense of having super attributes and energy, manipulation, explosion, a Captain Marvel), and then I saw a good friend use Storm and then I thought "Damn, I have to meet this character", but I still thought she was what the movies, animations showed (Winds, Lightning), and then I heard a lot "Storm doesn't compare to the God of the Hammer", "Magneto is better than her" among other things, and I didn't like to hear it, but I believed it because I didn't see much in the comics (I had no idea that it was very poorly written). I've never been a fan of grey-red, telepathy is not my focus, I think it's a lot of pigeon.

I also like tough characters in the sense of being fighters, lethal characters like the black widow and stuff like that (that's why Psylocke is my favorite telepath). Anyway, I stopped listening to the haters and started to read more deeply about Ororo, I wanted to prove to them that they were wrong in subsimala, but first I had to understand their true abilities, which were already too confusing, that's when you I found it in the forums, debates, respetch threads (I'm very happy to be talking to you right now), you were kind of important to me, I learned a lot from you, inspired me to read the old comics, made me open my eyes to the nerfs that the Storm was winning, it was always contained.

Storm has everything and a little more than I like in characters, very powerful, extremely versatile, in addition to her personality that I was enchanted, a character that can be welcoming, friendly, one who thinks of the innocent in the middle of a war, at the same As long as she doesn't lose her imposing, stiff posture, I love that about her. The spiritual and delicate relationship with which she uses her elemental powers is so magical, she has such defined powers that it just needs to be explored further (elemental powers are very versatile), Avatar inspired me a lot too (I would like to see her use the elements like a form of healing, as Katara does with water, connecting with her connection to Oshtur)

the best way I can distinguish between a gods powers and a mutants or other super powered person ability is spiritual versus physical . what I mean by this is that God powers can impact obviously the spiritual eleme to as well as those grounded in science (physical) but the same is not true of physical based powers. adversary mentioned this difference when he first encountered the xmen:

this is why though super heroes like magneto may have god like abilities they are not actual true gods as their powers are not spiritual based. the other attributes you mentioned i would agree with a distinguishing trait.
    Ok this is all my theory so take it with a grain of salt:
    (Lots of head canon in it but I might as well share it)

Usually in the marvel universe high-end powers can be categorized by 3 different qualities:

Cosmic Power (power of the body)(physics): pure ultra-science in reed Richards or thanos style, unified control over the 4 foundamental forces of the universe, it’s a world of particles and quantification and logic, affinity for technology ….. atoms, molecules, photons, gravity, radiation etc… are under direct purview. (Scientific heroes… hulk,Fantastic four, captain marvel, silver surfer, quasar…..)

Mystic Power (power of the soul)(philosophy): spiritual growth, esoteric knowledge, ability to manipulate magical forces for a variety of effects, it’s a world of spirits, fantastical creatures, elemental powers, extra dimensinal energies, karmic balance….. faith, symbolism, meaning & intention, arcane powers and knowledge can move reality accordingly. (Doctor Strange, Clea, Doctor Voodoo, Morgan le Fay….)

Psionic Power (power of the mind)(biology): walks the line between body&soul, psionic power generation and manipulation, can be studied scientifically despite having some hard to quantify qualities, it’s a world of will, biochemical manipulation of ones’s body, astral self, empathy, telepathy, consciousness projection, can affect the physical word by specific or generic application of psionic energies generated by the brain with different affinities (tele-hydro-photo-thermo-cryo-ergo etc…. -kinesis), (mutants, xavier, emma frost, jean grey, vulcan, proteus are just some top examples)

Hybridization is very possible and common, you can have psionic manipulation via cosmic energy or cosmic forces manipulation via psionic means, mystic powers can emulate cosmic feats or affect the body as psionic would.

Mortals usually only have 1 source of power and can at best develop (and loose) a secondary source during their lifespawn (think of Illyana Rasputin or Jean Grey during her time as phoenix)

GODS (this is really what makes Ororo so different from the rest) can be distinguished by mere mortals because they naturally possess personal intrinsic reservoirs of each branch, whether they decide to cultivate each of the three branches or just focus on one their nature is always trine, true gods have a COSMIC, MYSTICAL and PSIONIC dimension to themselves (think a tridimensional being ability to act opposed to a bi-dimensional one) ( this is where I see characters like Gaea, Thor, Storm, Chthon, Odin, Osthur etc….)
    Last edited by Daedra; 07-27-2021 at 03:28 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So RPG is my second family, there were very good and bad moments, but if it wasn't for them I would never know comics universe. At the time I was very insecure and ignorant (I did not like the old comics at the time, I hated the drawings I thought were too tacky, lol), I listened to "the haters" more than I did, and I got so many opinions because of them, I just wanted powerful characters of the Thor levels, "supernovas and solar system", I liked the standard characters like Thor, Superman, Wonder Woman, Iron Man... (in the sense of having super attributes and energy, manipulation, explosion, a Captain Marvel), and then I saw a good friend use Storm and then I thought "Damn, I have to meet this character", but I still thought she was what the movies, animations showed (Winds, Lightning), and then I heard a lot "Storm doesn't compare to the God of the Hammer", "Magneto is better than her" among other things, and I didn't like to hear it, but I believed it because I didn't see much in the comics (I had no idea that it was very poorly written). I've never been a fan of grey-red, telepathy is not my focus, I think it's a lot of pigeon.

I also like tough characters in the sense of being fighters, lethal characters like the black widow and stuff like that (that's why Psylocke is my favorite telepath). Anyway, I stopped listening to the haters and started to read more deeply about Ororo, I wanted to prove to them that they were wrong in subsimala, but first I had to understand their true abilities, which were already too confusing, that's when you I found it in the forums, debates, respetch threads (I'm very happy to be talking to you right now), you were kind of important to me, I learned a lot from you, inspired me to read the old comics, made me open my eyes to the nerfs that the Storm was winning, it was always contained.

Storm has everything and a little more than I like in characters, very powerful, extremely versatile, in addition to her personality that I was enchanted, a character that can be welcoming, friendly, one who thinks of the innocent in the middle of a war, at the same As long as she doesn't lose her imposing, stiff posture, I love that about her. The spiritual and delicate relationship with which she uses her elemental powers is so magical, she has such defined powers that it just needs to be explored further (elemental powers are very versatile), Avatar inspired me a lot too (I would like to see her use the elements like a form of healing, as Katara does with water, connecting with her connection to Oshtur)
    Her powers to be frank are what drew me to her in the first place. Then everything else about her captivated me fully. Her power is something else entirely because many can't really fathom it, it seems simple on surface weather manipulation but how it works is what makes it really shine. Instead of basically controlling wind and lightning. She controls the energy and forces responsible for initiating and driving said phenomena these forces are universal hence why in any setting her powers would adapt. Now one thing to note is that these forces that govern weather are independent of the elements that make up weather this leaves space for imagination and a shake up in the perception of what is weather. Take the nanobotwind storm feat in the world for instance. She achieved that by manipulating the forces present and applying it instead to wind on nanobots to create a storm. Now imagine space with all that matter and energy and Ewing brainstorming for his beautiful life how to diversify her immensely powerful abilities. We are about to witness greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Ok this is all my theory so take it with a grain of salt:
    (Lots of head canon in it but I might as well share it)

Usually in the marvel universe high-end powers can be categorized by 3 different qualities:

Cosmic Power (power of the body)(physics): pure ultra-science in reed Richards or thanos style, unified control over the 4 foundamental forces of the universe, it’s a world of particles and quantification and logic, affinity for technology ….. atoms, molecules, photons, gravity, radiation etc… are under direct purview. (Scientific heroes… hulk,Fantastic four, captain marvel, silver surfer, quasar…..)

Mystic Power (power of the soul)(philosophy): spiritual growth, esoteric knowledge, ability to manipulate magical forces for a variety of effects, it’s a world of spirits, fantastical creatures, elemental powers, extra dimensinal energies, karmic balance….. faith, symbolism, meaning & intention, arcane powers and knowledge can move reality accordingly. (Doctor Strange, Clea, Doctor Voodoo, Morgan le Fay….)

Psionic Power (power of the mind)(biology): walks the line between body&soul, psionic power generation and manipulation, can be studied scientifically despite having some hard to quantify qualities, it’s a world of will, astral self, empathy, telepathy, consciousness projection, can affect the physical word by specific or generic application of psionic energies generated by the brain with different affinities (tele-hydro-photo-thermo-cryo-ergo etc…. -kinesis), (mutants, xavier, emma frost, jean grey, vulcan, proteus are just some top examples)

Hybridization is very possible and common, you can have psionic manipulation via cosmic energy or cosmic forces manipulation via psionic means, mystic powers can emulate cosmic feats or affect the body as psionic would.

Mortals usually only have 1 source of power and can at best develop (and loose) a secondary source during their lifespawn (think of Illyana Rasputin or Jean Grey during her time as phoenix)

GODS (this is really what makes Ororo so different from the rest) can be distinguished by mere mortals because they naturally possess personal intrinsic reservoirs of each branch, whether they decide to cultivate each of the three branches or just focus on one their nature is always trine, true gods have a COSMIC, MYSTICAL and PSIONIC dimension to themselves (think a tridimensional being ability to act opposed to a bi-dimensional one) ( this is where I see characters like Gaea, Thor, Storm, Chthon, Odin, Osthur etc….)
    Girl I believe you are deserving os a PHD in super power expression... Because Dammm

Girl I believe you are deserving os a PHD in super power expression... Because Dammm
    Haha you’r too nice

Feels like I should explain the body-mind-soul thing

These are the tree elements needed to fully interact with the 616 reality as we know it:

The mind is generated for the first time once a soul is paired with a physical body, some psionic being are able to subsequently exist as single mixes of mind and soul once the body is destroyed, souls are everlasting and over history once the body and mind are destroyed they can move to their after life or be associated with different bodies or minds as it happens with reincarnation. A body always needs a soul or soul fragment to spark the autonomous generation of a mind.
    While mortals can hope to exceed their natural lifespan by various means and combination this is always an exception and limitations vary on a case to case basis.
    GODS’s immortality is due to their cosmic/psionic/mystic natures being in tune, meaning they can walk the line between life and death always as themselves, their body, soul and mind are always their own, nothing get lost in transition as they are eternal.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Haha you’r too nice

Feels like I should explain the body-mind-soul thing

These are the tree elements needed to fully interact with the 616 reality as we know it:

The mind is generated for the first time once a soul is paired with a physical body, some psionic being are able to subsequently exist as single mixes of mind and soul once the body is destroyed, souls are everlasting and over history once the body and mind are destroyed they can move to their after life or be associated with different bodies or minds as it happens with reincarnation. A body always needs a soul or soul fragment to spark the autonomous generation of a mind.
    While mortals can hope to exceed their natural lifespan by various means and combination this is always an exception and limitations vary on a case to case basis.
    GODS’s immortality is due to their cosmic/psionic/mystic natures being in tune, meaning they can walk the line between life and death always as themselves, their body, soul and mind are always their own, nothing get lost in transition as they are eternal.
    That makes alot of sense and applies perfectly to storm as she has omega level mutation in her body, an indomitable will, and the strength of spirit to hold eternity itself in her. All these when in tune activates her godhead.

Red face

child i wanna say since back when storm and black panther were married. I've had so many battles, debates, and back and forth with both storm fans and posters who are not fans. There was a period this forum was a lot more active with storm fans who were more fanatical and knowledgeable than myself. But we have a love/hate kinda energy. Either you love us or you don't and I find it quite funny. There have been many trolls, being banned, deleted posts and everything in-between defending storm. From people who wanted me to say she was a lesser to Jean, or to pick a side between her and tchalla during their divorce. Ive created petitions and directly messaged creators to gain insight on her treatment. Its been so much but all of it was very much worth it seeing where we are now. Had anyone said storm canonically would be omega and goddess it would have gotten you laughed off the forum and banned depending on the mod. But look at us now we eating good!!!
    Awww thank you for all you do to protect Storm <3

Extraordinary Member

That makes alot of sense and applies perfectly to storm as she has omega level mutation in her body, an indomitable will, and the strength of spirit to hold eternity itself in her. All these when in tune activates her godhead.
    What will feats does she have?
    Is she on higher or lower side of indomitable will, I se many characters who have this but way different levels.

And can you explain the eternity spirit thing?I find this all very interesting

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The funny thing is...in comics being a God with such vast powers really doesn't amount to much because they can always be beaten, especially the very bad ones...all the time. They're never truly omnipotent or omniscient...as we're led to believe.

That's why I'm still quite lukewarm on Storm's Goddess-thing.
    While I can see Storm levelling up to God-mode if she has to but I don't necessarily see her dipping from that divinity well often. I would much rather see her expand her mutant abilities to stellar degrees now that she's out in Space.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-27-2021 at 05:30 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!