Page 473 of 772 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yh this it's much deeper than your standard psionic manipulator it's spiritual, physical and mental.
    exactly so anyone claiming their are equals based on that alone are not correct. colossus and rogue are both strong but it doesn't mean they are equally strong or that their strength originates from the same place.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This is so disingenuous. Canon does. In their most recent battle, Jean took out Storm, AGAIN, who was out of control and not holding back. However, you want to discount that for “reasons,” along with discounting or minimizing all of the times Storm has been possessed or psychically compromised by other characters. You use from canon what benefits your argument and discount the rest or make up some headcanon as to why such and such a thing happened and how it didn’t really count. I can’t even enjoy myself while reading this thread dedicated to a character I love because you and a few others just go on and on about how superior she is to everyone else when she’s been shown time and again to be as vulnerable as all of the rest. It very much is a “versus” thing with you and a few others.

To be fair, this is her thread and I suppose you should be allowed to make ridiculous statements about her, but all it does is turn some of her less fervent fans, like me, off.
    Ohk you have made your point now if you are not here to discuss storm in an appreciative way kindly vacate the thread you are making unecessary noise.

Yh exactly do you have the scan where she explain to pheonix just how deep her power goes and pheonix was in awe?

you talking about this?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

you talking about this?
    Yes please it is a beautiful thing seeing storm be more than a cosmically enhanced host all by her natural self. Really hammers the point of why she is simply prime cut material.

This is so disingenuous. Canon does. In their most recent battle, Jean took out Storm, AGAIN, who was out of control and not holding back. However, you want to discount that for “reasons,” along with discounting or minimizing all of the times Storm has been possessed or psychically compromised by other characters. You use from canon what benefits your argument and discount the rest or make up some headcanon as to why such and such a thing happened and how it didn’t really count. I can’t even enjoy myself while reading this thread dedicated to a character I love because you and a few others just go on and on about how superior she is to everyone else when she’s been shown time and again to be as vulnerable as all of the rest. It very much is a “versus” thing with you and a few others.

To be fair, this is her thread and I suppose you should be allowed to make ridiculous statements about her, but all it does is turn some of her less fervent fans, like me, off.
    No offense but I don't know what you expected. I have no dog in this fight, but I would not go into an appreciation thread and nearly hijack it defending another character. Whether the arguments and explanations are justified or not, history has shown it's a bad idea. I noticed you all are having a little fun talking smack about Storm in the Jean thread, and that is fine, but I certainly wouldn't want Jean's thread to get derailed by Storm fans defending her character in a Jean appreciation thread either(and it may have already happened in the past, I honestly don't know). There is a place for such things but I don't believe appreciation threads lend themselves well to that kind of discourse. Better suited for other threads.
    Last edited by Saturius; 08-07-2021 at 07:05 PM.

I'm not sure what you are even talking about but lovely you are in storms thread arguing, and incorrectly so might I add, about showings to devalue storm. as I said, I seen many many ridiculous claims made in Jean's thread as it relates to ororo and not once have I commented. if you are expecting this thread to appreciate anyone other than storm no matter how wrong you feel it may be you are in the wrong thread. if appreciation and loving storm is not enough for you perhaps make another thread titled Ororo and Jean or go to a battle thread.

and its funny the same thing you're upset about storm fans for doing goes on in jean thread too. all yall talk about is how she is the most powerful thing since she was created so stop the fake outage.. the irony of it all is truly baffling but its inconsequential. if you don't like appreciating storm and loving her without the need to constantly bring up Jean make another thread so that you can do that. this is not the place to talk down on storm to prop up spicy wings.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-08-2021 at 12:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    No offense but I don't know what you expected. I have no dog in this fight, but I would not go into an appreciation thread and nearly hijack it defending another character. Whether the arguments and explanations are justified or not, history has shown it's a bad idea. I noticed you all are having a little fun talking smack about Storm in the Jean thread, and that is fine, but Icertainly wouldn't want Jean's thread to get derailed by Storm fans defending her character in a Jean appreciation thread either(and it mY have already happened in the past, I honestly don't know). There is a place for such things but I don't believe appreciation threads lend themselves well to that kind of discourse.
    Lolol it's the y'all are defending the charachter in her appreciation thread for me lol.

BANNED

I'm not sure what you are even talking about but lovely you are in storms thread arguing, and incorrectly so might I add, about showings to devalue storm. as I said, I seen many many ridiculous claims made in Jean's thread as it relates to ororo and not once have I commented. if you are expecting this thread to appreciate anyone other than storm no matter how wrong you feel it may be you are in the wrong thread. if appreciation and loving storm is not enough for you perhaps make another thread titled Ororo and Jean or got to a battle thread.

and its funny the same thing you're upset about storm fans for doing good on in jean thread too. the irony of it all is truly baffling but its inconsequential. if you don't like appreciating storm and loving her without the need to constantly bring up Jean make another thread so that you can do that. this is not the place to talk down on storm to prop up spicy wings.
    Girl she needs to go cook that cosmic fire chicken and eat because her statement looks like she is starving.

No offense but I don't know what you expected. I have no dog in this fight, but I would not go into an appreciation thread and nearly hijack it defending another character. Whether the arguments and explanations are justified or not, history has shown it's a bad idea. I noticed you all are having a little fun talking smack about Storm in the Jean thread, and that is fine, but I certainly wouldn't want Jean's thread to get derailed by Storm fans defending her character in a Jean appreciation thread either(and it may have already happened in the past, I honestly don't know). There is a place for such things but I don't believe appreciation threads lend themselves well to that kind of discourse. Better suited for other threads.
    1000% agree. It makes people look petty imo. I wouldn't go into a jean thread just to respond about what i perceive as negativity about storm being presented there. Or as a Storm FF i personally just wouldn't respond to it as a Jean fan also. It makes it seems disingenuous which is what i honestly felt with Mercury post the other day after the mod cleared things up, it was like, or it felt like to me. "let me get my last word." but i let it go but it did surprise me given what i have read of Mercury posts.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yes please it is a beautiful thing seeing storm be more than a cosmically enhanced host all by her natural self. Really hammers the point of why she is simply prime cut material.
    yes that was a beautiful panel and one of the reasons I believe her powers are so unique and powerful.

Lolol it's the y'all are defending the charachter in her appreciation thread for me lol.
    its a very asinine argument to make and im glad its being called out as such. they literally trash talk storm and her fans all the time in her thread but you never see a storm fan go there and hijack talking about how great storm is. in fact I've been directly quoted there sometimes in their feeble attempts to poke fun. lol very silly and foolish indeed.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-08-2021 at 12:21 AM.

beautifully said beloved! my sentiments exactly.

spicy wings.

If (imho) she wasn’t so bland, I would agree that she is Spicy Wings.

Hmmmm…maybe that’s why Logan and Scott are obsessed: the spicy sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    If (imho) she wasn’t so bland, I would agree that she is Spicy Wings.

Hmmmm…maybe that’s why Logan and Scott are obsessed: the spicy sauce.
    edit imma respond to this in the dm. goddess knows if storm fans were doing this bans would be handed out like oprah and her car giveaway. smh

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    1000% agree. It makes people look petty imo. I wouldn't go into a jean thread just to respond about what i perceive as negativity about storm being presented there. Or as a Storm FF i personally just wouldn't respond to it as a Jean fan also. It makes it seems disingenuous which is what i honestly felt with Mercury post the other day after the mod cleared things up, it was like, or it felt like to me. "let me get my last word." but i let it go but it did surprise me given what i have read of Mercury posts.
    It is wierd but as a fan of both charachters Jean's base just icks me the wrong way. They are special kind of breed that once you get to know them realize why even xwritters see Jean as a joke. Anyways my girl storm at least doesn't need an over cooked cosmic parrot to become a god she simply is one by right of birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Now since when did this thread become Storm and friends? Take that mess outta here please. Have some respect for she who swam with Acanti, the Wind Rider, Hadari Yao, Regent Of Mars and the Voice of Sol!!
    And once again I say........
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡