Page 356 of 772 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366406456 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 11576
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it is crazy how we as fans just saw that feat as a moment and never ever dreamt it could mean so much. the idea of that huge moment bringing life to a part of that galaxy is a great one and is a nice contrast to what phoenix during that time had done. love this input you made boo.
    That's what makes this moment so powerful. It has definitely opened the door to so many potential story lines and things to explore. I just keep thinking of more and more as I think about this ONE panel. I really hope they continue to capitalize on this moment and continue to develop more depth in her character. I won't share all of my thoughts here but there are many lol.

Spectacular Member

Alright, now it's my turn to give my thoughts on this little issue. Now I will say this first off, it was cool to see Storm get her shine and all but now where do we go from here. As a Black Panther fan i trust Al Ewing in Storms progression but "Regent of Sol" to me is another title thrust upon a character that has been given several titles throughout her history as a marvel character so I am not impressed. I'm not over hyping this like the rest of yall but it's good that you all have something to eventually look forward to so congratulations, now in terms of the story I will say this and that is i never really cared for the mutants semantics so the terraforming of mars is not that impressive compared to say a Country that has 5 galaxies under they're belt which was brought up in the book of course this isn't a competition just pointing it out. I do however am in favor of Krakoa getting recognition for what they've accomplished as a nation and no ill will on my part but we'll see how long this last, now in terms of Ro that little showcase was adorable and all but now it time to see how this goes so I'm saving any hype i feel i have for when things really get real. (Side-note) it was good to see Wanda and Magneto embrace each others presence, Wanda was never a pretender because she believed in Magnetos vision at one point for mutants before the powers that be made changes. So otherwise this issue for me is a solid 8.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don't post in this thread ever but Storm had quite the showing today. She was a certified bad ass.
    it most certainly was a great moment! welcome to the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    That's what makes this moment so powerful. It has definitely opened the door to so many potential story lines and things to explore. I just keep thinking of more and more as I think about this ONE panel. I really hope they continue to capitalize on this moment and continue to develop more depth in her character. I won't share all of my thoughts here but there are many lol.

why won't you share. you are in a safe place lpl.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I would like Cable to be storm's strategist. Bishop can be her general. Gamma Flight her imperial guard.

Two people with furture knowledge using it for two sides of the planet and gamma mutates who don't have a safe place to call her own moving to Arrako and becoming her immortal imperial guard.
    I think the arakii mutants are going to be given those positions so we get to know them more.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I think the arakii mutants are going to be given those positions so we get to know them more.
    I think they should fill the position in her court and be more focused on the planet itself. It's a big planet i am expecting space immigrants for sure. Mars is a huge planet to only be populated by a million mutants. Also i notice in sword it was pointed out there are mutant space beings as well. Something we already knew. But mars may become a safe place for intergalactic mutant refugees.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-23-2021 at 10:06 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Alright, now it's my turn to give my thoughts on this little issue. Now I will say this first off, it was cool to see Storm get her shine and all but now where do we go from here. As a Black Panther fan i trust Al Ewing in Storms progression but "Regent of Sol" to me is another title thrust upon a character that has been given several titles throughout her history as a marvel character so I am not impressed. I'm not over hyping this like the rest of yall but it's good that you all have something to eventually look forward to so congratulations, now in terms of the story I will say this and that is i never really cared for the mutants semantics so the terraforming of mars is not that impressive compared to say a Country that has 5 galaxies under they're belt which was brought up in the book of course this isn't a competition just pointing it out. I do however am in favor of Krakoa getting recognition for what they've accomplished as a nation and no ill will on my part but we'll see how long this last, now in terms of Ro that little showcase was adorable and all but now it time to see how this goes so I'm saving any hype i feel i have for when things really get real. (Side-note) it was good to see Wanda and Magneto embrace each others presence, Wanda was never a pretender because she believed in Magnetos vision at one point for mutants before the powers that be made changes. So otherwise this issue for me is a solid 8.
    I don't think anyone ia overhyping the moment. Thw moment is appropriately hype lol we've got an xwriter (Ewing no less) cementing the fact that Storm is a BAMF an intergalactic societies KNOW IT. Not mention finally referencing Coates run on BP by name dropping Hadari Yao while ALSO having Storm take the wind out of Doom's sails by announcing herself Regent of an ENTIRE SOLAR SYSTEM like how is that not a big deal? That's a far cry from the little thief in Cairo.

And you say it's not a competition but I can't help but feel you making the comparison. I really don't understand why some people are trying to downplay what Krakoa has accomplished tbh. All of these Intergalactic societies have had thousands and thousands of years to develop including Wakanda. In less than a year the mutants went from being an endangered species to becoming a superpower Nation on Earth who terraformed Mars in hours ( a feat that even the galactic Council recognized as impressive because usually it should a little over a year.) And then managed to thrust Earth onto the intergalactic stage while solving the intergalactic financial crisis. Once again the nation of Krakoa isn't even a year old yet.
    Last edited by loke13; 06-23-2021 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I don't think anyone ia overhyping the moment. Thw moment is appropriately hype lol we've got an xwriter (Ewing no less) cementing the fact that Storm is a BAMF an intergalactic societies KNOW IT. Not mention finally referencing Coates run on BP by name dropping Hadari Yao while ALSO having Storm take the wind out of Doom's sails by announcing herself Regent of an ENTIRE SOLAR SYSTEM like how is that not a big deal? That's a far cry from the little thief in Cairo.

And you say it's not a competition but I can't help but feel you making the comparison. I really don't understand why some people charge trying to downplay what Krakoa has accomplished tbh. All of these Intergalactic societies have had thousands and thousands of years to develop including Wakanda. In less than a year the mutants went from being an endangered species to becoming a superpower Nation on Earth who terraformed Mars in hours ( a feat that even the galactic Council recognized as impressive because usually it should a little over a year.) And then managed to thrust Earth onto the intergalactic stage while solving the intergalactic financial crisis. Once again the nation of Krakoa isn't even a year old yet.
    you know whats funny i was just laughing over that particular post because it made me excited. That is honestly the most positive i have seen Mekk80s post so know whoever Mekk80s is though they hide it well that 8 means they dancing like us. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

you know whats funny i was just laughing over that particular post because it made me excited. That is honestly the most positive i have seen Mekk80s post so know whoever Mekk80s is though they hide it well that 8 means they dancing like us. lol
    Oh I had no idea lol glad to see everybody really enjoyed it.

And you say it's not a competition but I can't help but feel you making the comparison. I really don't understand why some people are trying to downplay what Krakoa has accomplished tbh. All of these Intergalactic societies have had thousands and thousands of years to develop including Wakanda. In less than a year the mutants went from being an endangered species to becoming a superpower Nation on Earth who terraformed Mars in hours ( a feat that even the galactic Council recognized as impressive because usually it should a little over a year.) And then managed to thrust Earth onto the intergalactic stage while solving the intergalactic financial crisis. Once again the nation of Krakoa isn't even a year old yet.
    you know very great observation around the time, very short time, relative to the other nations time they required to.become what they are. impressive and frightening im sure it is to some but I'm hoping with ororo as its figurehead such concerns can be assuaged.

Astonishing Member

you know very great observation around the time, very short time, relative to the other nations time they required to.become what they are. impressive and frightening im sure it is to some but I'm hoping with ororo as its figurehead such concerns can be assuaged.
    Something tells me Storm is going to get her own book (hopefully written by Ewing) after Inferno is over and whatever the new status quo is gonna look like. The whole AI plotline with Storm and the CotV still needs to be resolved too.

Also can we bring back Death from Otherworld? I actually really liked their chemistry during X of Swords.

Something tells me Storm is going to get her own book (hopefully written by Ewing) after Inferno is over and whatever the new status quo is gonna look like. The whole AI plotline with Storm and the CotV still needs to be resolved too.

Also can we bring back Death from Otherworld? I actually really liked their chemistry during X of Swords.
    Please no Death. you can cheat on the goddess, you can deny her a sword, you can even try to put her in a corner, hell you can lock her in living chrome, but what i can't forgive is underestimating her. Especially not from a potential paramour. One thing i got to say about Tchalla he knew he always had to be ready cause Storm the one.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I was under the belief too that a solo book may be further down the pipeline to dug deeper into this new title. her being the queen if an entire planet including some arrakii who may not be fully behind her throne I think would be an interesting story to read.

I think we are going to get an evil clone at some point due to the ai plotlibe but that will be interesting as well and death will surely come a knocking at some point. this new title will definitely put a huge target on her back so im nervous and excited at the same time.

Please no Death. you can cheat on the goddess, you can deny her a sword, you can even try to put her in a corner, hell you can lock her in living chrome, but what i can't forgive is underestimating her. Especially not from a potential paramour. One thing i got to say about Tchalla he knew he always had to be ready cause Storm the one.
    their love will endure, T'Challa and Ororo's. I truly hopeful with all writing storm their love will make it. death is a non-factor and a loser . thank you next

Fantastic Member

why won't you share. you are in a safe place lpl.
    LOL!!!! Well I kind of like speculating about possibilities and sometimes I think just because I put them out there they will never happen because the writers are paying attention LMAO JK!

But another thing that I started thinking about from this was Storm's evolution into a elemental being. I was intrigued by the way that she was drawn as kind of like half and half. Then, I also thought about XMEN Giant Size: Storm and how she talked about the importance of this existence and I came to the conclusion that Storm may never fully transcend into a elemental being but not because she can't but because she chooses not to. What I mean by this is, she WILL definitely do it, but it will be a state that she will only call upon (much like her goddess power) when she needs to. The reason I think this is important is because people have highlighted how Storm has so many titles, but part of this is because Storm is the literal embodiment of all walks of life. She is the meeting point between the Gods and humanity. Therefore, if she were to fully transcend, she would lose all that makes her human. It is Storm's ability to connect despite her place and power that makes her a truly great character. She can strike the fear of god in you and still be your best friend. So I think we may see her access new heights but never fully give into it. I think part of her arc has been learning how to keep a balance. I think in Rogue Storm, Storm got just a taste of her power unleashed and perhaps due to Jean's folly was possibly afraid of it and refrained from accessing that power again. Now after the events of BP I think she understands that power and the responsibility she holds with that power better. She is willing to access that power more often and in new ways, and realizes that simply not using that power doesn't grant one any more control over it. I think this is where her indomitable will comes into play. She has had this tested by holding all of Eternity before. She may finally be the one who is able to not only have great power, but not be consumed by it.

There's more but this is enough for now LOL!
    Last edited by Sdawg; 06-23-2021 at 11:05 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Well hello friends!!! I hope you all are well and have had a chance to read today's issue of S.W.O.R.D. Did it live up to all the hype?

Today is truly a day of celebration for me. Around three years ago, I created a petition after what I noticed what appeared to be a purposeful effort by the xoffices to ignore the development Ta-Nehisi Coates had detailed in his BP run relative to Storm.

http://chng.it/ngKLCbcV

I recall talking to Marc Guggenheim at my lcs in person at the time regarding the her development and he told me he wasn't aware of what was occurring in the BP books but that he didn't think she was an actual goddess. Added to this there were also some within the comic community, including Storm fans, who said what happened in BP was fan fiction and that if it wasn't acknowledged by the xoffices then it wasn't canon. In fact, some comic sites, particularly CBR, seemed to purposeful ignore this development. There had even been instances where moderators of sites would ban storm fans or all users of certain forums to ridicule her fans who asserted she was a goddess.

Well fast-forward to 06/23/21, some three years later an Al Ewing Finally and explicitly referred to her as being Hadari Yao. In an xbook her biggest development wasn't referenced in an ambiguous but he had herself claim the name demonstrating she has fully accepted the title and what all comes with it. I must say after all the work we storms did and all the unnecessary drama we've endured this victory is so amazing to finally experience. So with that thank you Mr. Ewing for doing what I felt early on you would do. I'm forever in your debt for shutting up all the haters who wished to diminish what Coates had worked so hard to do for Storm. It is a great day to be a storm fan!!!!

I think this Says it all on this Historic Moment!

Congrats to Storm Fans on this day! ^_^
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!