Page 607 of 772 FirstFirst ... 107507557597603604605606607608609610611617657707 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,105 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Very true. Wouldn’t that issue be remedied as well tho with the molten iron core infusion provided by Erik in PSXM? Thereby strengthening the planet’s magnetic field, making it closer to Earth’s?
    The iron core solved many issues in a single stroke but I’m sure Ororo and Erik were both instrumental in facilitating the birth of the planet electromagnetic field
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Yes, that’s what I meant by the durability lent to a character by their natural abilities. As far as innate physical durability goes, I don’t believe we’ve seen anything to infer that Ororo is anything but just above normal human durability. Which is why the “glass canon” argument gets brought up consistently.
    Very true but it’s also the consequence of the ”lightning lass” syndrome that usually affects untalented and unimaginative writers when they are given the chance to write Storm
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    How come no one ever calls Magneto a glass cannon?! Ororo controls the very air surrounding each one of us, she can move electrons and electrical fields at will and can sense the blackbird crossing the atmosphere at half world distance, a jumping fool should not ever be of any concern to her.
    He is a glass canon as well, it's just that he uses EM forcefields much more consistently which makes it an in character trait in comparison to Storm who does so much less.
    I agree, w/ her powers Batroc is fodder to her but she isn't using them in the right way here, which is bad writing.

Agreed, anything Erik’s EM field can deflect, Ororo’s pressure dome can as well. It broke through a mountain for goodness sake. If Ororo is a glass canon then surely Erik and Jean must be considered so as well. If a bullet somehow gets through their defenses and into their head, they would die just the same as Ororo. All 3 of them have roughly normal or perhaps just above average human physical durability outside of the things that their powers give them natural immunity to.

Otherwise I can pretty much agree with your assessment, Spiderfan.
    Jean's TK molecular reassembly stuff and psionic form is why I think a bullet would not do her in.Mercury can provide details much better on Jean's TK.Otherwise she is a glass canon.
    Both Erik and Storm are glass canon's, and I'm sure there shields are on par w/ one another.The diff. as explained above is not their strength or reaction time(which I'm sure is on par), it's consistency in use of said Shields.

The iron core solved many issues in a single stroke but I’m sure Ororo and Erik were both instrumental in facilitating the birth of the planet electromagnetic field
    Definitely safe to assume their contributions would have worked congruently. I only mentioned Erik specifically because we directly saw him infuse the iron into the core which we know contributes to the building of a magnetic field around a planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He is a glass canon as well, it's just that he uses EM forcefields much more consistently which makes it an in character trait in comparison to Storm who does so much less.
    I agree, w/ her powers Batroc is fodder to her but she isn't using them in the right way here, which is bad writing.

Jean's TK molecular reassembly stuff and psionic form is why I think a bullet would not do her in.Mercury can provide details much better on Jean's TK.Otherwise she is a glass canon.
    Both Erik and Storm are glass canon's, and I'm sure there shields are on par w/ one another.The diff. as explained above is not their strength or reaction time(which I'm sure is on par), it's consistency in use of said Shields.
    I see what you’re saying in regards to Jean, especially if she is using her psionic form. I would think though that I depends on if the bullet puts her down before she can telekinetically atomize it/repair herself. Which, knowing how integral concentration is for psi powers, might be difficult with a hemorr*****g temple wound. Realistically as I believe you’re implying, neither of those 3 characters should have any concern over bullets/most projectiles in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Me when i'm arguing with the Storm haters while letting them know, unlike their fave, Queen Storm can breath both underwater and in space

Last edited by metalclouds; 09-24-2021 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Me when i'm arguing with the Storm haters while letting them know, unlike their fave, Queen Storm can breath both underwater and in space

…….And she can survive atmospheric re entry all on her own….. glass cannon my @$$

Considering she's going to be fighting a lot I hope Ewing dives into more of these type of defensives feats.

Let it become a character trait for Storm to actually use her brain in combat.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

yassssss you betta say that with Miss Jackson!!!!

…….And she can survive atmospheric re entry all on her own….. glass cannon my @$$
    absolutely and at ease too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Considering she's going to be fighting a lot I hope Ewing dives into more of these type of defensives feats.

Let it become a character trait for Storm to actually use her brain in combat.
    please. there is no way she should be able to be snipe punched or shot without using a shield (whether air, water, electrical,etc)
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yassssss you betta say that with Miss Jackson!!!!

You know i'ma represent a Black Queen with another Black Queen lol. I can't wait til her documentary on Lifetime and A&E in January. Hopefully she discusses film roles she passed up like playing Storm and being a main character in The Matrix movies smh.

You know i'ma represent a Black Queen with another Black Queen lol. I can't wait til her documentary on Lifetime and A&E in January. Hopefully she discusses film roles she passed up like playing Storm and being a main character in The Matrix movies smh.
    I heard about that documentary I thought it already came out. and I came across that video that I cant find now where she discussing being a xmen fan as a kid collecting the cards and loving storm.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Agreed, anything Erik’s EM field can deflect, Ororo’s pressure dome can as well. It broke through a mountain for goodness sake. If Ororo is a glass canon then surely Erik and Jean must be considered so as well. If a bullet somehow gets through their defenses and into their head, they would die just the same as Ororo. All 3 of them have roughly normal or perhaps just above average human physical durability outside of the things that their powers give them natural immunity to.

Otherwise I can pretty much agree with your assessment, Spiderfan.
    absolutely! 100% fact!!!

Astonishing Member

She is one in the sense that if she recieves a strong physical hit to her body, which is still on par with normal humans in terms of durability, she will be in trouble. Like a Dark Souls boss where the trick is not to deal a lot of damage, but to get them on the ground, reach them and get their barrier down ... and avoid the counters and parries.

Actualy she could make a pretty great bonus boss in a Sekiro style video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    She is one in the sense that if she recieves a strong physical hit to her body, which is still on par with normal humans in terms of durability, she will be in trouble. Like a Dark Souls boss where the trick is not to deal a lot of damage, but to get them on the ground, reach them and get their barrier down ... and avoid the counters and parries.

Actualy she could make a pretty great bonus boss in a Sekiro style video game.
    I think the main point is that you don't hear characters like magneto and marvel girl classified as such. if ororo is they certainly should be as well.

Astonishing Member

I think the main point is that you don't hear characters like magneto and marvel girl classified as such. if ororo is they certainly should be as well.
    Oh good point. Nevermind then. Personaly i see the likes of Magneto, Jean Grey and Storm as "barriered glass cannons", but if the "shield" (magnetic sphere, TK barrier, wind/air/electirc barriers) ability disqualifies them from the glass cannon status i fail to see why Storm should be thrown in there.