Page 719 of 772 FirstFirst ... 219619669709715716717718719720721722723729769 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,785 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The issue seems to be that there is no backlash against Tony becoming a god so now it needs to classified/categorized in some way.
    honestly don't care what happens with him as its a power boost and not his baseline. Its just annoying that a real god isn't getting stories to explore this aspect of her baseline powerset.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-06-2021 at 02:43 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Again, Marvel stated that they were gods the same way Marvel said that Storm is a goddess. I'm not conflating anything.

Everyone has different beliefs so I'm not one to cast aspersions on what they believe constitutes a god. There are many humans throughout who were worshipped as gods who had no power other than what rights people gave up to them.
    Except these human literally couldn't harness said faith and belief into supernatural power. Like I said you are conflating the two. A god and godlike are two very different things. As Thor and the Asgardians themselves said a god has worshipers and said worship imbunes them with strength and power, Thor once heard the prayers of a people of a dying planet light years away he answered their prayers and sent them rain. Thor has no telepathy he has no ability to hear miles away yet he could hear these people as they prayed to him and called unto him for help literally light-years away THAT IS THE LITERAL DEFINITION OF A GOD. a being soo fundamental and potent that they can be invoked by the prayers, hopes and aspirations of a people.
    According to marvel being a god and a cosmic being are two very separate things, same as being a hell lord and a god. To be a god you must have the godhead which by literaly means the divine nature. Just because someone is cosmically powerful doesn't mean he she or they are a god.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    where have u been welcome back!
    g.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

Oh where have you been? Are you all right?
    Hey, so kind of you to ask, these days I’m just lurking on the forums, I’m kinda annoyed at marvel for the snail pace and low quality of content they have been putting out, soooo tired of begging for Storm’s crumbs months after months
    Last edited by Daedra; 12-06-2021 at 02:44 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

I don't understand how this has become let's defend godhood on behalf of Tony stark white boy mandatory annual deification. A god is a supernatural being which is considered divine and sacred if the power cosmic is a divine and sacred source of power then by all means Mr Stark became a god. If vice versa well...

Anyways all I know is that storm is a god not just because she is supremely powerful but more importantly that she represents something within people soo much so that her mere presence can inspire peace.
    Attachment 116013

Call me when those mandatory annual deified white boys can do this **** without blowing up planets or becoming cosmic Kaiju.

yes I like her being a queen of sol but I wiuld much prefer seeing her godhead explored. I remember that tweet it was a great moment.

1. I agree but they really aren't in regards to storm; that's the issue when I see "iron god" stories popping up of nowhere.

2. I didn't read the book but from the synopsis I read on it on marvel wiki it said he gained godlike powers:

Fleeing across time and space to the past, Korvac arrived on Earth-616. ... Attempting to download the knowledge of Galactus from the station into his own system, Korvac was imbued with the Power Cosmic and became a god-like being, which allowed him to restore his body.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Micha...1)#Korvac_Saga

And Tony will never be a true God regardless of what writers say especially if that means were derived from cosmic power and not divine ones.
    Not arguing the nature of Tony's godhood, just saying what Marvel said.

Besides, it was never intended for Tony to remain being a god or having that kind of power.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

Hey, so kind of you to ask, these days I’m just lurking on the forums, I’m kinda annoyed at marvel for the snail pace and low quality of content they have been putting out, soooo tired of begging for Storm’s crumbs months after months
    Hmmmm from the looks of it we might not get anything till next spring. Life is too short for this speed.

honestly don't care what happens with him as its a power boost and not his baseline. Its just annoying that a real god isn't getting stories to explore this aspect of her baseline powerset.
    That's not the point I'm trying to make or would ever endorse. I don't want Tony as a god, he's fine the way he is.

Again, the issue with Storm's godhood is that will Marvel continue to develop that aspect of her.

I think you make a pretty good point here. Whether you choose to call them a god or a cosmic deity, at those power levels does it really matter?
    Thanks! I genuinely do try to not just be talking nonsense on here.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Except these human literally couldn't harness said faith and belief into supernatural power. Like I said you are conflating the two. A god and godlike are two very different things. As Thor and the Asgardians themselves said a god has worshipers and said worship imbunes them with strength and power, Thor once heard the prayers of a people of a dying planet light years away he answered their prayers and sent them rain. Thor has no telepathy he has no ability to hear miles away yet he could hear these people as they prayed to him and called unto him for help literally light-years away THAT IS THE LITERAL DEFINITION OF A GOD. a being soo fundamental and potent that they can be invoked by the prayers, hopes and aspirations of a people.
    According to marvel being a god and a cosmic being are two very separate things, same as being a hell lord and a god. To be a god you must have the godhead which by literaly means the divine nature. Just because someone is cosmically powerful doesn't mean he she or they are a god.
    Again, I'm not conflating anything and I don't ever pretend to diagnose or interpret anyone's religious beliefs on godhood.

I only said what Marvel printed. If anyone has a problem with that it's an issue with Marvel, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I don't understand how this has become let's defend godhood on behalf of Tony stark white boy mandatory annual deification. A god is a supernatural being which is considered divine and sacred if the power cosmic is a divine and sacred source of power then by all means Mr Stark became a god. If vice versa well...

Anyways all I know is that storm is a god not just because she is supremely powerful but more importantly that she represents something within people soo much so that her mere presence can inspire peace.
    Attachment 116013

Call me when those mandatory annual deified white boys can do this **** without blowing up planets or becoming cosmic Kaiju.
    That's not how I saw the discussion but okay I guess.

Baby I know this gotta be a lie!!!
    https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...rm-marvel.html

The issue seems to be that there is no backlash against Tony becoming a god so now it needs to classified/categorized in some way.
    I don't feel any regular human should become Gods. It's not like he had anything in his dna that would make him any level above a regular human

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I don't feel any regular human should become Gods. It's not like he had anything in his dna that would make him any level above a regular human
    We all have differing opinions on the matter. I'm just pointing out what Marvel stated. Whether people feel he's not a god for whatever reasons is not what I'm debating just that Marvel said that he became a god. We can call him a cosmic deity if it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    If this is true, this will be a double edge sword.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Storm got them edges gelled baby!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!