Page 36 of 119 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 1773
  1. #526
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    exactly! your explanation is spot on. it cannot go away just as her blue eyes can't it is a partt of her.


    do you think with her weather abilities and divine/magical abilities she would become too OP? I would love for one of the Orishas to train her on her divine heritage. I'm not sure the mages you listed could help her there with the divine aspect but I do think its long overdue for this as well.
    1. Yes. The only reason Storm is not a full-on mystical being like Roma or Bast is because of her mutant DNA

    Example: Before the Retcon... Scarlet Witch had the mutant abilities to psionically manipulate possibilities or reality. Because of that her Chaos Magic just basically amped or became a power source for her mutant powers, which made it less versatile. Storm is falling in the same boat. Her magical powers are only amping the powers of her mutant powers. Versatile power set with her weather abilities but her magic should still be doing more.

    Not only that writers have found a way to work around Hadari Yao. As shown in Shuri the power is suppressed.

    Oh yes, all these set back would keep her from becoming OP. I mean look at Thor. His power ranges from who he is around. We all know Thor is a being that should be constantly written at Skyfather level. The good thing about Hadari Yao at least we won't have anti feats like Thor knowing her powers are basically sealed.

    2. The mages I named would help her work on skills, offense, defense, and more. Storm has an affinity to magic in general, not just divine or white magic. Not only that everyone I named were sorcerer supreme candidates with top being actual supremes such as Roma and Strange.

  2. #527
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    1. Yes. The only reason Storm is not a full-on mystical being like Roma or Bast is because of her mutant DNA

    Example: Before the Retcon... Scarlet Witch had the mutant abilities to psionically manipulate possibilities or reality. Because of that her Chaos Magic just basically amped or became a power source for her mutant powers, which made it less versatile. Storm is falling in the same boat. Her magical powers are only amping the powers of her mutant powers. Versatile power set with her weather abilities but her magic should still be doing more.

    Not only that writers have found a way to work around Hadari Yao. As shown in Shuri the power is suppressed.

    Oh yes, all these set back would keep her from becoming OP. I mean look at Thor. His power ranges from who he is around. We all know Thor is a being that should be constantly written at Skyfather level. The good thing about Hadari Yao at least we won't have anti feats like Thor knowing her powers are basically sealed.

    2. The mages I named would help her work on skills, offense, defense, and more. Storm has an affinity to magic in general, not just divine or white magic. Not only that everyone I named were sorcerer supreme candidates with top being actual supremes such as Roma and Strange.
    I don't know what Storm stories you've been reading or how long you've been reading X-Men comics but...nothing written by HiX-Man, all the way back to Claremont even suggests anything of sort (the Bolded).
    While Storm may have a strong affinity for magic through her lineage and may have tapped into that divine/mystical power on very rare occasions she is a mutant first and foremost, through natural (of nature) genetics. And that mutant omega power have always superseded her magical affinity.
    As shown in the Magic limited series...Storm can choose to hone her mystical abilities and become a Sorceress Supreme/Goddess but...in 2021, and until clearly and definitively stated otherwise, it's her psionic mutant abilities that take precedence.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-16-2021 at 06:53 PM.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa and Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  3. #528
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't know what Storm stories you've been reading or how long you've been reading X-Men comics but...nothing written by HiX-Man, all the way back to Claremont even suggests anything of sort (the Bolded).
    While Storm may have a strong affinity for magic through her lineage and may have tapped into that divine/mystical power on very rare occasions she is a mutant first and foremost, through natural (of nature) genetics. And that mutant omega power have always superseded her magical affinity.
    As shown in the Magic limited series...Storm can choose to hone her mystical abilities and become a Sorceress Supreme/Goddess but...in 2021, and until clearly and definitively stated otherwise, it's her psionic mutant abilities that take precedence.
    1. Her magical powers go beyond her genetics as stated in Black Panther. She unlocked her suppressed godhead. This means if she wasn't a mutant, she would have been a full-on mystical being. Being a mutant is nothing but a mutation from the father. Her godhead goes beyond evolution. It is shown again in Shuri that Storm suppresses that power.

    It literally says in the databook that she turns faith into power which amplifies her power. Which was shown in the Adversary fight along with dispersing his sentient storms. So yes the bolded part is correct.

    2. You're leaving out the context in the Magik limited series her mutant powers were fading away as she got older. As that what genetics do as you grow older. So she turned to white magic..., the difference is the godhead written to be apart of Storm and got beyond her DNA. That's a power that will never fade away. She wouldn't need to turn to magic if her mutant DNA didn't fade as she grew older.

    So obviously the writers in marvel are going to balance it out so Storm can't become too powerful. This is why she's still written with her mutant powers after all and shown in Shuri the godhead is surpassed. My whole post was about if she wasn't a mutant and how her mutation affects her divine powers. Either her godhead still would be her original powerset if she wasn't a mutant.

  4. #529
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5,503

    Default

    1: "She turns Faith into power" That's just a lax misunderstanding of Coates' made up and erroneous "interpretation" of her abilities and potential. Her mystical attributes have never, ever worked that way. But you're quite free to believe something the writer himself has no clue how to explain or even cares to elaborate on. If her Godhead is a fundamental part of her from since the beginning of her lineage then she doesn't need faith to access or unlock those powers.

    2: I did not leave out any context. My point was she is aware of her other mystical/magical power and have been for a long time, since Xavier approached her that first time, and can choose to access/hone it if she wants/when she wants. Again, no "outside" prayers and faith needed.

    3: There is nothing "obvious" about what the writers are going to do. She's a mutant. And an important one at that (regardless of what you and others may think to the contrary). No ifs or ands or buts about that. That's why she is written as as one, first and foremost.

    You can choose to believe a writer who has very limited understanding of the characters and comics he writes...and just made up shyt along the way, for "clout". Or you can read the extensive Claremont history for a greater understanding of the character. It's entirely up to you.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-17-2021 at 08:03 AM.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa and Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  5. #530
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol I know you don't care but 616 canon exists despite of our feelings in the regard. in regards to xmen stories she was never a real goddess.

    in this scan tchalla appears to be flying towards storm's location yo save her before she is engulfed by the knull:


    Nice scans. I haven't been following KiB too much, but it would be cool to see Storm ignite the air and burn the symbiotes in an inferno. Or it would be cool to have her use thunder-attacks and hurt them via sound.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  6. #531
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    1: "She turns Faith into power" That's just a lax misunderstanding of Coates' made up and erroneous "interpretation" of her abilities and potential. Her mystical attributes have never, ever worked that way. But you're quite free to believe something the writer himself has no clue how to explain or even cares to elaborate on. If her Godhead is a fundamental part of her from since the beginning of her lineage then she doesn't need faith to access or unlock those powers.

    2: I did not leave out any context. My point was she is aware of her other mystical/magical power and have been for a long time, since Xavier approached her that first time, and can choose to access/hone it if she wants/when she wants. Again, no "outside" prayers and faith needed.

    3: There is nothing "obvious" about what the writers are going to do. She's a mutant. And an important one at that (regardless of what you and others may think to the contrary). No ifs or ands or buts about that. That's why she is written as as one, first and foremost.

    You can choose to believe a writer who has very limited understanding of the characters and comics he writes...and just made up shyt along the way, for "clout". Or you can read the extensive Claremont history for a greater understanding of the character. It's entirely up to you.
    1. Just about all gods turn faith into power. It is literally shown in the databook for the marvel gods section. But it does work that and it's been stated numerous times how the god's power work and Storm included now. So really don't care what you think as I'm using "CONFIRMED" statements of how the power operates. Gods who don't turn faith in power like Hercules has been blessed by Hera powers, who is a divine being.

    Also, I'm pretty sure Coate didn't create faith amping gods up as that has been that pinnacle for gods in Marvel power for decades. So looks like you need a brush If you think turning faith into power is a new thing for the gods in marvel.

    2. Again you're missing context. Having divine powers is different from having white magic Storm turned too. Gods literally thrive off faith which boosts their magic. Literally, anyone can learn white magic but not everyone has divine magic. You're either born with it or bestowed the power by another divine being. So your point is flawed she didn't have any divine magic in the magik mini-series. Next point? As shown she was born was that godhead.

    Like show me someone who learned divine magic... I'll wait

    3. Obviously, you can't read but it's okay. I said and I repeat. If she wasn't a mutant her original power would be divine magic. Like that's not hard to comprehend at all. I also went all to say her mutation affects her divine magic as she basically channels that faith and amps her weather manipulation. That still doesn't change the fact she was born with a godhead and it's above any mutation.
    Last edited by KLY360; 01-17-2021 at 02:53 PM.

  7. #532
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    1. Just about all gods turn faith into power. It is literally shown in the databook for the marvel gods section. But it does work that and it's been stated numerous times how the god's power work and Storm included now. So really don't care what you think as I'm using "CONFIRMED" statements of how the power operates. Gods who don't turn faith in power like Hercules has been blessed by Hera powers, who is a divine being.

    Also, I'm pretty sure Coate didn't create faith amping gods up as that has been that pinnacle for gods in Marvel power for decades. So looks like you need a brush If you think turning faith into power is a new thing for the gods in marvel.

    2. Again you're missing context. Having divine powers is different from having white magic Storm turned too. Gods literally thrive off faith which boosts their magic. Literally, anyone can learn white magic but not everyone has divine magic. You're either born with it or bestowed the power by another divine being. So your point is flawed she didn't have any divine magic in the magik mini-series. Next point? As shown she was born was that godhead.

    Like show me someone who learned divine magic... I'll wait

    3. Obviously, you can't read but it's okay. I said and I repeat. If she wasn't a mutant her original power would be divine magic. Like that's not hard to comprehend at all. I also went all to say her mutation affects her divine magic as she basically channels that faith and amps her weather manipulation. That still doesn't change the fact she was born with a godhead and it's above any mutation.
    so if Storm wasn't born as a mutant, would she be an exclusively magical character like Stranger or any other Sorcerer supreme ? but the fact that she was born a mutant it made her divine powers adapt to her Omegas powers right?
    Last edited by HeraldOfStorm; 01-17-2021 at 03:05 PM.

  8. #533
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Attachment 104876

    The observation they did of the mission to space in hox. lol it just popped in my head. my brain be all over the place.
    oh thats the first time I've seen that image. interesting. and nothing wrong with that.


    Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    It seems like people have different interceptions of what Storm did since it was never clarified like a small bubble on what exactly she did.

    For now, the assumptions are... she electrocutes her, she froze her heart and honestly at the beginning I thought she pulled the air out of her lungs, due to the white air that was coming out of her mouth.


    I have a good feel for that but yet my mind says otherwise. It looks like T'Challa will fly to save Storm but then we see him turning around and I just can't stop asking myself will he flyback or will he save Storm instead? Of course, I would love it if the latter happens before the other, but still... I don't want to put too many hopes on something that might not actually happen like that.



    There is such an alternative version, where Storm kills T'Challa and becomes the Queen of Wakanda, I think she was powerful there but she was so, so out of character.
    I think tchalla will try to save her but since we know she was knullified we know he didn't make it in time.

    Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    That is awesome if that movie is really on the board with plans! I am really looking forward to it, but probably it won't come out until 2024 or something.
    yea it will be a few years before that movie sees the light of day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They created sword that doesn't even exist on Wakanda and made Storm pretty bad on thief. If you gonna make a character do something bad, at least make them good on it.
    Doesn't even make sense, as she is Wakanda former queen and current Goddess, they would just give her the sword



    The site has no creed on movie speculations. Days ago feige said he wasn't working on any x-men movie or tv show




    The art is so good, that doesnt even need coloring! those black and white pages are so beautiful

    a king is above pettyness
    you make an excellent point. if she was a good thief she wouldn't have gotten caught i still dont see why she needed that sword in story (we know why the xiffices made it up) but I'm just happy its over.

    yea the art is really nice. next month is going to be great for storm.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  9. #534
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5,503

    Default

    As written by Claremont...a young Ororo tapping into her divine connection without the "faith of followers"...before she became the revered Wind Rider.
    Storm and Oshtur.jpg
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-17-2021 at 03:53 PM.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa and Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  10. #535
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    1. Yes. The only reason Storm is not a full-on mystical being like Roma or Bast is because of her mutant DNA

    Example: Before the Retcon... Scarlet Witch had the mutant abilities to psionically manipulate possibilities or reality. Because of that her Chaos Magic just basically amped or became a power source for her mutant powers, which made it less versatile. Storm is falling in the same boat. Her magical powers are only amping the powers of her mutant powers. Versatile power set with her weather abilities but her magic should still be doing more.

    Not only that writers have found a way to work around Hadari Yao. As shown in Shuri the power is suppressed.

    Oh yes, all these set back would keep her from becoming OP. I mean look at Thor. His power ranges from who he is around. We all know Thor is a being that should be constantly written at Skyfather level. The good thing about Hadari Yao at least we won't have anti feats like Thor knowing her powers are basically sealed.

    2. The mages I named would help her work on skills, offense, defense, and more. Storm has an affinity to magic in general, not just divine or white magic. Not only that everyone I named were sorcerer supreme candidates with top being actual supremes such as Roma and Strange.
    thanks for the explanation boo!! what do you mean by anti feats?

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Nice scans. I haven't been following KiB too much, but it would be cool to see Storm ignite the air and burn the symbiotes in an inferno. Or it would be cool to have her use thunder-attacks and hurt them via sound.
    in the issue before she was knullified all she did was shoot lightning lol. but your idea would be nice to see.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  11. #536
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    so if Storm wasn't born as a mutant, would she be an exclusively magical character like Stranger or any other Sorcerer supreme ? but the fact that she was born a mutant it made her divine powers adapt to her Omegas powers right?
    Bingo!! right on the target, this is what I've been saying. Thank you

  12. #537
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Bingo!! right on the target, this is what I've been saying. Thank you
    Coates also mentioned her gift of godhead fors deeper than any mutation. we also saw this explored when a storm from a different timeliness magical attributes were dominate when she lost her weather manipulating abilities.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #538
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    137

    Default

    [QUOTE=butterflykyss;5333266]thanks for the explanation boo!! what do you mean by anti feats?


    Feats that won't contradict her best showings. Like Thor is written differently from the characters he is around. So his power does not operate on a consistent level due to that. Since writers suppress Storm godhead power. Her accessing Hadari doesn't have any contradictions or basically feats to disprove her power level.

    1. She dispersed Adversary magical sentient storms
    2. She overpowered Adversary (also destroyed his physical form which can tank cellular/molecular blast as shown in the X factor run)
    3. Her just activating the power overpowered a spacelubber, who can survive black holes and wormholes.
    4. Also if you believe her Hadari power harmed life seed Nate/Legion... Then she harmed a universal character.
    Last edited by KLY360; 01-17-2021 at 04:55 PM.

  14. #539
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,138

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post

    Feats that won't contradict her best showings. Like Thor is written differently from the characters he is around. So his power does not operate on a consistent level due to that. Since writers suppress Storm godhead power. Her accessing Hadari doesn't have any contradictions or basically feats to disprove her power level.

    1. She dispersed Adversary magical sentient storms
    2. She overpowered Adversary (also destroyed his physical form which can tank cellular/molecular blast as shown in the X factor run)
    3. Her just activating the power overpowered a spacelubber, who can survive black holes and wormholes.
    4. Also if you believe her Hadari power harmed life seed Nate/Legion... Then she harmed a universal character.
    thanks I gotcha now.

    I also believe her hadari power harmed nate/Legion from what the writers said at that time.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  15. #540
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Coates also mentioned her gift of godhead fors deeper than any mutation. we also saw this explored when a storm from a different timeliness magical attributes were dominate when she lost her weather manipulating abilities.
    her Godhood may be deeper than her mutation, but that doesn't prevent both her divinity and mutation from being connected( since both are Ororo's genetics aspects).
    hmmm that annoys me, Coates is finishing his BP run and we still don’t have a concrete explanation of how Ororo’s divine powers work which makes this statement look a bit confuse.
    I mean every time Ororo needed to use her divine powers she expressed them through her mutant powers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •