Page 123 of 772 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223623 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    If Claremont tried to depower Storm for as long as he ended up doing in the 80s he’d have been called every kind of -ist and -phobe on social media and forced to rectify it by editorial. I highly doubt the MCU is gonna try to recreate that phase of Storm’s character as the optics of having a black X-woman (likely the only prominent one at that) lose her omega-level mutant powers for even a brief period of time probably won’t go over well among casuals.

They don’t read comics or understand context. I’d personally love to see it and maybe we will get a few scenes with a depowered Storm but I don’t see Marvel stripping her of her powers for an entire movie, let alone two. I actually think they’re more likely to explore her divinity and mystic affinity than take her powers away.

Storm depowerment is a vital part of her story as much as her ascension to godhood. LifeDeath was to Storm what Bane backbreak was to batman. I admire Ororo even more for being Godlike and then having to prove she is still a force of nature without her mutant gifts. I feel these type of treatment is only saved for male characters. And I feel if used correctly it could be a powerful scene and make an effect emotional point to what theme or plot twist the movie is going through

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    So again always thinking about MCU Storm.
    What do you guys think about after the first three x-men movies Storm gets depowered onscreen for a movie or two, until obviously regained her abilities?
    I felt like Foxmen essentially depowered her throughout her tenure within that franchise so I wouldn't like this. Lets finally get a truly powerful Ororo onscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I doubt it otherwise they would have advertised Storm's presence more. I feel like we won't get confirmation of Storm's big plans until after the Hellfire Gala/ when she officially Marauders.
    By the goddess I hope you are right; I'm hoping we get a solo announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I hope this is indeed not the big plans for Storm. I hope she appears in only one or two books and then moves on and concentrate on those big plans for her. I would really like to see what they will do with Storm.
    agreed!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm depowerment is a vital part of her story as much as her ascension to godhood. LifeDeath was to Storm what Bane backbreak was to batman. I admire Ororo even more for being Godlike and then having to prove she is still a force of nature without her mutant gifts. I feel these type of treatment is only saved for male characters. And I feel if used correctly it could be a powerful scene and make an effect emotional point to what theme or plot twist the movie is going through
    Y’know i wouldn’t be mad if they followed up depowerment with her going full goddess. Matter of fact Marvel needs to go head and just announce the Disney+ series that we all know she deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d;5418931[b
    ]If Claremont tried to depower Storm for as long as he ended up doing in the 80s he’d have been called every kind of -ist and -phobe on social media and forced to rectify it by editorial.[/b] I highly doubt the MCU is gonna try to recreate that phase of Storm’s character as the optics of having a black X-woman (likely the only prominent one at that) lose her omega-level mutant powers for even a brief period of time probably won’t go over well among casuals.

They don’t read comics or understand context. I’d personally love to see it and maybe we will get a few scenes with a depowered Storm but I don’t see Marvel stripping her of her powers for an entire movie, let alone two. I actually think they’re more likely to explore her divinity and mystic affinity than take her powers away.
    I'm not sure about this as a lot of storm fans believe this is arguably one of her best story arcs.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I didn't want it to be a storm led book either as the entire premise seemed very weak imo. I most certainly hope these are not the big plans they were talking about for storm.
    I doubt these are the big plans. And I know it's mean to say, especially since the book isn't out yet, but CotA isn't lasting past 12 issues. I think it's lame she is going to be in a mentor role. I just want Storm out there getting **** done, not babysitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I doubt these are the big plans. And I know it's mean to say, especially since the book isn't out yet, but CotA isn't lasting past 12 issues. I think it's lame she is going to be in a mentor role. I just want Storm out there getting **** done, not babysitting.
    hell yes, especially to the last part. I want to see her be a proactive badass within the mu.
    we don't see carol, scarlet witch, black widow being mentors and babysitting. we see them doing exactly what you said you would like to see from storm getting is done so why is it she is not shown as such and? and I dont think it's really mean to say as from I've managed to gage there doesn't appear to be much interest in the series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    If Claremont tried to depower Storm for as long as he ended up doing in the 80s he’d have been called every kind of -ist and -phobe on social media and forced to rectify it by editorial. I highly doubt the MCU is gonna try to recreate that phase of Storm’s character as the optics of having a black X-woman (likely the only prominent one at that) lose her omega-level mutant powers for even a brief period of time probably won’t go over well among casuals.

Could be done in TV format. If there's one thing that wandavision taught us it's that these comic book storylines can very well be adapted into a miniseries.

Also how do you y'all feel about the claustrophobia? Do you feel like it's on this should be highlighted since it is part of her origin and a pretty big traumatic moment in her life or do you feel like it should be forgotten about.

But then again they already did the whole buried in the rubble next to your parents thing with Wanda and Pietro...
    Last edited by loke13; 03-08-2021 at 05:52 PM.

What do you guys think about after the first three x-men movies Storm gets depowered onscreen for a movie or two, until obviously regained her abilities?
    Nope, big no. I hated that era in the X-Men comics, I hope they don't show it in the movies. I might swallow it for one or two episodes if she gets a solo TV Series of at least 12 episodes, 1 hour each. But other than that. I don't want to see that.

And something a bit off topic, but Kyss and the others who follow the twitter media, should really check out this video and retweet the message:

https://twitter.com/justmyopinion84/...05054216192001

Let's Marvel Studios hear us and recast T'Challa, if they re-cast T'Challa we are that much closer to getting the real Ororo Munroe which we all know. Let us spread the word and make them recast.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Can't agree more with you. Especially on the last part.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Could be done in TV format. If there's one thing that wandavision taught us it's that these comic book storylines can very well be adapted into a miniseries.

Also how do you y'all feel about the claustrophobia? Do you feel like it's on this should be highlighted since it is part of her origin and a pretty big traumatic moment in her life or do you feel like it should be forgotten about.

But then again they already did the whole buried in the rubble next to your parents thing with Wanda and Pietro...
    I think they should do the claustrophobia for the first one or two movies or 1-5 episodes if it is a TV show, but then I want to see her conquering it as she did it in the comics. She isn't bothered by it anymore, therefore, I sure hope we will see it conquered by her will and determination just like she learned to become Omega Level Mutant. I think it would be a good story.

And yes, so true. These comic storylines can be put into miniseries, each season dealing with different comic storyline.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 03-08-2021 at 06:37 PM.

Now, this is some dope cosplay for Storm!

Attachment 107035

Cosplayed by Jade Cargill, a professional wrestler.

I love the art here:

Attachment 107037
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 03-08-2021 at 07:00 PM.

Attachment 107035

I love the art here:

Attachment 107037
    yeah momma definitely killed it and I will check out that video you posted later though I do not think they will recast T'Challa at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hell yes, especially to the last part. I want to see her be a proactive badass within the mu.
    we don't see carol, scarlet witch, black widow being mentors and babysitting. we see them doing exactly what you said you would like to see from storm getting is done so why is it she is not shown as such and? and I dont think it's really mean to say as from I've managed to gage there doesn't appear to be much interest in the series.
    I gave up long ago trying to understand why Storm is practically always in such a rut in the x books. They just have a perception of the character that I just don't find appealing(the pacifist incompetent den mother blah blah). Usually I take the scraps we are given(X of Swords was a hot mess but I liked Storm's depiction in it) and just kinda hope for better in the future, which is what I am currently doing. Waiting it out to see if Hickman's "great" plans with her will actually bear fruit.

Absolutely not.

And I don't think they should recast T'challa so soon...I rewatched Black Panther a few days ago.
    I understand why the director does not want to recast.

Storm could still get her Hadari Yao moment though.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 03-08-2021 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Absolutely not.

And I don't think they should recast T'challa so soon...I rewatched Black Panther a few days ago.
    I understand why the director does not want to recast.

Storm could still get her Hadari Yao moment though.

Ok , would you care to explain? I did give my reasons as to why I thought they should at least show her depowerment. Again not in the first three movies but, down the line?

And my post had nothing to do with T'Challa or Black panther but since you brought it up. Tchalla is going to get recast by the third movie, revealing he faked his death with the help of Storm and is now ready to be BP again.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

Watching Wandavision was like, are they just ripping off Storm. But it gives me hope that they must be doing some research and work for our girl Storm.
    If Storm come of with the air of confidence and powerhouse that she is, I feel showcasing her claustrophobia is all the more important to show Duality.

But after wandavision I don't know how true or much we're going to see as an orgin for her.

I mean still got Street theift , Shadow King , killing a man as she trek across the desert, Ororo before the storm, meeting yng Tchalla , and goddess tribe that we can still touch .

And let not forget Being A Princess.

BANNED

Attachment 107035

I love the art here:

Attachment 107037
    Just in case anyone's interested... Jade Cargill is a business owner, trainer, and active mother.
    Last edited by Micabe; 03-09-2021 at 05:02 AM.