Page 104 of 772 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 11576
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m just happy this clown is gonna be leaving Black Panther for good. But of course he’s burning everything down on his way out.
    Let him raze it to ashes and soot...because that's ALL the past 5 years of BP stories are good for.

The next writer will still have to come in and rebuild from ground up...hopefully...if he's not one of those Coates sympathisers.

And thank the Goddess HiX-Man and Co. will not be perpetuating that Storm is a Wakandan Orisha Goddess nonsense, going forward.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-24-2021 at 11:20 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m just happy this clown is gonna be leaving Black Panther for good. But of course he’s burning everything down on his way out.
    how is he burning everything on his way out? the issue was very well done and tchalla is the focal point and driving force to this story.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Coates making Wakandans slavers, past, present, and future, has got to be the worst addition to the canon, ever. What the heck was Marvel thinking giving him the BP franchise just as it ascended to global consciousness? If Storm is indeed their goddess, they should be kneeling and begging for her mercy, not having her clean up all of their messes.

The back up story was far better than the main, but the ending was jarring. Storm needed to get them dudes arrested or at least have some cloud monsters eat them or something before the 'happy ending'.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Coates making Wakandans slavers, past, present, and future, has got to be the worst addition to the canon, ever. What the heck was Marvel thinking giving him the BP franchise just as it ascended to global consciousness? If Storm is indeed their goddess, they should be kneeling and begging for her mercy, not having her clean up all of their messes.

The back up story was far better than the main, but the ending was jarring. Storm needed to get them dudes arrested or at least have some cloud monsters eat them or something before the 'happy ending'.
    the aspects of slaves (past and present) is an actual aspect of human society. for example the slave trade in the 1600/1700s and then the current sex trafficking. it's humanity that Coates is speaking to and I dont see how wakanda would be insulated from that. and ororo is just one of their many gods!!! such an awesome addition to her canon.

I loved her teaching the babies and the part she experienced in her dream was perfection!

Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-24-2021 at 01:30 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I really hope the next writer comes in and recons this entire CRAP coates run.

I love how accurate the Marvel encyclopedia was back in 2019!!!

and we need storm added to this image below lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    what was crap again beloved ?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what was crap again beloved ?
    The entire 5 year run.

The entire 5 year run.
    oh thats not fair. I've very much enjoyed his contributions to the wakandan mythos and hope whomever follows builds upon what he has written.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh thats not fair. I've very much enjoyed his contributions to the wakandan mythos and hope whomever follows builds upon what he has written.
    It's not fair that BP fans had to be subjected to a writer that choose to tear down the mythos his entire run. Anything can be retcon and quite frankly BP writers has a history pretty much rewriting things every run anyway so in this case I fully hope this run is written out. He has cemented himself among the writers who should never touch BP again along with Roy Thomas, Bendis, and Johnathan Maberry. You're free to like what you like.
    Last edited by Shadey; 02-24-2021 at 01:56 PM.

It's not fair that BP fans had to be subjected to a writer that choose to tear down the mythos his entire run. Anything can be retcon and quite frankly BP writers has a history pretty much rewriting things every run anyway so in this case I fully hope this run is written out. You're free to like what you like.
    what exactly did Coates rewrite? the gods storyline didn't exist before him nor did the galactic one. and considering redjack doesn't like the relationship between tchalla and ororo yet still wrote them as such gives me reason to believe things won't be written out as you mentioned but anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Exactly. It made no sense. And the ramonda speech I was literally face palming.

In x-men spoilers:
    it looks like my boy synch is destined for omega hood. Lol
    That was some upgrade.
    end of spoilers
    I don't give two shits about today's BP issue (it was a freaking chore to read through), but I'm here for Synch's powerup. Yes! And thank you.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They don't even have to retcon it...they can just ignore it as if it never happened. Keeping in mind everything that's going on in X-Men and Avengers currently that have nothing to do with BP's "galactic slave wars" story.
    And, as it is now...with the relationship between Storm and T'Challa, the X-writers have already moved on beyond what's in today's BP...it's literally "so last year".

If you were to ask HiX-Man today: "Is Storm still a Wakandan Orisha?" you'd most likely get a blank stare and "crickets".
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-24-2021 at 02:58 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Exactly. It made no sense. And the ramonda speech I was literally face palming.

In x-men spoilers:
    it looks like my boy synch is destined for omega hood. Lol
    That was some upgrade.
    end of spoilers
    So after reading the issue, the first thing I thought about, "What happens if Storm goes through the rebirth system?"
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    So after reading the issue, the first thing I thought about, "What happens if Storm goes through the rebirth system?"
    I think the resurrection protocols the individual comes back as their most optimal version.