Page 608 of 772 FirstFirst ... 108508558598604605606607608609610611612618658708 ... LastLast
Results 9,106 to 9,120 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Oh good point. Nevermind then. Personaly i see the likes of Magneto, Jean Grey and Storm as "barriered glass cannons", but if the "shield" (magnetic sphere, TK barrier, wind/air/electirc barriers) ability disqualifies them from the glass cannon status i fail to see why Storm should be thrown in there.
    yes agreed with all of this. I've always said a bullet to head head could take any of those characters out but their powers put them in a place to where they can defend themselves from such an attack.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

She is one in the sense that if she recieves a strong physical hit to her body, which is still on par with normal humans in terms of durability, she will be in trouble. Like a Dark Souls boss where the trick is not to deal a lot of damage, but to get them on the ground, reach them and get their barrier down ... and avoid the counters and parries.

Actualy she could make a pretty great bonus boss in a Sekiro style video game.
    Ok but my point is …….. a competent Storm using her powers would be protected by :

a sphere of negative cyclonic pressure,

an electromagnetic force field,

a sheet of the densest ice armor,

And plasma shields of any size and shape (she can really give lightning any form she wants)

She’s far from a glass cannon, she’s not cyclops or havok.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

so how many shields can ororo make? we have her most recent "cosmic" shield, her emp shield she did to save Xandra, and then her air pressure shield. now we need like an ice/water shield. the versatility with our girl is amazing!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Theoretically if Storm can caution wind not to leave her and to keep itself warm in the vacuum of space, couldn't she also just tell it to not let anything touch her.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Theoretically if Storm can caution wind not to leave her and to keep itself warm in the vacuum of space, couldn't she also just tell it to not let anything touch her.
    That’s what a negative pressure bubble around her would do
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so how many shields can ororo make? we have her most recent "cosmic" shield, her emp shield she did to save Xandra, and then her air pressure shield. now we need like an ice/water shield. the versatility with our girl is amazing!
    And we are not even taking into consideration how Ororo’s ability to manipulate electrons could reasonably make her invulnerable or if necessary a very fast healer when applied to the molecular bonds making up her physical body
    Last edited by Daedra; 09-24-2021 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    That’s what a negative pressure bubble around her would do
    omg I would love for her to do something like this.

And we are not even taking into consideration how Ororo’s ability to manipulate electrons could reasonably make her invulnerable or if necessary a very fast healer when applied to the molecular bonds making up her physical body
    dae you really need to be writing s a storm solo. like seriously.

dae you really need to be writing s a storm solo. like seriously.
    I’m not cut for drama writing but I would enjoy working at a detailed marvel handbook like the ones the use to publish in in the 80’s, This is how I imagine Ororo’s cyclonic negative pressure shield for basic defensive purposes:

I heard about that documentary I thought it already came out. and I came across that video that I cant find now where she discussing being a xmen fan as a kid collecting the cards and loving storm.
    nah it's coming out in January. It's gonna be a 2 part series about 2hrs each so there's gonna be a lot of unseen footage. As far as that interview i've been trying to find it too. It used to be on youtube but youtube always taking s**t down

And this one too...
    Attachment 114075

I’m not cut for drama writing but I would enjoy working at a detailed marvel handbook like the ones the use to publish in in the 80’s, This is how I imagine Ororo’s cyclonic negative pressure shield for basic defensive purposes:

thank you for this diagram. I cannot believe I've never seen anyone, a fan, suggest this. it literally would make her invulnerable to all attacks. I need this to happen like asap.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    nah it's coming out in January. It's gonna be a 2 part series about 2hrs each so there's gonna be a lot of unseen footage. As far as that interview i've been trying to find it too. It used to be on youtube but youtube always taking s**t down
    thats exactly where I saw that video on YouTube. perhaps they took it down because of this upcoming documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    I believe this is marvel superheroes #6.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I see what you’re saying in regards to Jean, especially if she is using her psionic form. I would think though that I depends on if the bullet puts her down before she can telekinetically atomize it/repair herself. Which, knowing how integral concentration is for psi powers, might be difficult with a hemorr*****g temple wound. Realistically as I believe you’re implying, neither of those 3 characters should have any concern over bullets/most projectiles in the first place.
    Yes, unless they are taken by surprise bullets aren't a problem for any of them.

Oh good point. Nevermind then. Personaly i see the likes of Magneto, Jean Grey and Storm as "barriered glass cannons", but if the "shield" (magnetic sphere, TK barrier, wind/air/electirc barriers) ability disqualifies them from the glass cannon status i fail to see why Storm should be thrown in there.
    That should be a sub-category IMO.It's how much they use said shield's that establish their status.Hopefully we get some more defensive feats for Storm coming up