Page 8 of 772 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast

It could be that Storm is Omega weather manipulator[psionic], while Thor is Omega weather manipulator[magic], like how Proteus, Mr. M, Jamie, and Franklin didn't cancel each other out by specific qualifiers of their reality warping. Forge's inventing is purely mental, and on the same frequency as what Reed, Tony, T'Challa or any other inventor does, therefore he has to complete in the same category.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Storm creates her storms, and it's been describe Thor can use his hammer to summon any storm that exists in any dimension to do his bidding. So while storm manipulates and creates weather conditions all thor is doing is summoning them and directing them. If there were no Storms in the world he would have nothing to summon but Storm could still make one. But in the end i don't really care, it's a little interesting to see Storm fans come for her own abilities while talking up Fabio, but ok.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It could be that Storm is Omega weather manipulator[psionic], while Thor is Omega weather manipulator[magic], like how Proteus, Mr. M, Jamie, and Franklin didn't cancel each other out by specific qualifiers of their reality warping. Forge's inventing is purely mental, and on the same frequency as what Reed, Tony, T'Challa or any other inventor does, therefore he has to complete in the same category.
    I can get behind that. As I mentioned, I qualify them in two entirely different spheres. But all that will change when she unlocks her full divinity and expand on her magical capabilities.

I would imagine Storm creating simulational, several storms on several different planets under her full control. That would be really cool, Omega level feat that Thor will never be able to top.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's just one aspect of Thor's "Storm summoning powers" not the "be all and end all" of his powers.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Possibly all i know is i've seen Storm do more without a hammer than i have seen Thor do without a hammer. And i think if Storm had his hammer and Thor had his hammer, Storm would be able top what he would be able to do

Granted though i haven't finished simonson run though, just about 20 pages in so maybe i'll see something huge in there. Got sidetracked with this Blue Marvel story which i recommend but be prepared for some language that is like really probably how people talk about black people in/with power behind their back. But it's goooood so far. LOL
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

So are we saying if Storm was gonna go for the kill she wouldn't have the power to blow Thor brains or heart from the inside!?

She probably could but...it's not like Thor would just sit idly buy and allow her to do that. He would put up one hell of a fight and given his current status, would probably have Storm over exert herself to the point where she does irrevocable harm to herself and the world's atmosphere.

And then...apart from an improbable What if...? scenario, or she was possessed by some outside force like Knull...why would they both be placed in such a position?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    if "natural" displays of power in the omega classification is only considered (meaning magical, divine, cosmic would not be applicable in the assessment of what makes an omega) then I guess this would make sense. I think this explanation should be fleshed out a bit more in those scenarios. to me even if you were to consider those other conditions and they surpassed the mutant abilities this would disqualify them from being omega.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    So are we saying if Storm was gonna go for the kill she wouldn't have the power to blow Thor brains or heart from the inside!?
    she most definitely could do this!! my initial question though was trying to understand how she can be a weather manipulating omega mutant when you have thor in the mix. I personally think this would mean her upper limits as it relates to manipulating weather would surpass Thor.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm and Thor are on two separate wavelengths where it comes to their powersets.
    And that's before you add experience in using those powersets. While she may very well be capable, Storm has not gone up against and defeated a host of extra-dimensional and cosmic beings that pushed her powers and Divinity beyond their fullest extent...by herself. (She would not have succeeded against the Adversary in Wakanda if it wasn't for the "prayers" of the Wakandans and why I have such an issue with how Coates wrote and pushed development)

She's done incredible and impossible feats, in isolation...the Trion, Galactic Core, hosting Eternity's consciousness...but we have yet to see her really go far beyond her "earthly limits" when it comes to her true potential.
    That's what I'm hoping for when we eventually see Storm and the Mysterium interact.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I got some new tech for Christmas so I’m learning to use it. I’m new to digital art, be gentle with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I got some new tech for Christmas so I’m learning to use it. I’m new to digital art, be gentle with me!
    Great job. Keep it up.

I wish Storm would bug zapper someone.
    No visible electricity or lighting being shown, but someone or something exploding into ash upon laying barehands on her skin.

This one is better, using my usual drawing technique, not trying anything too fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    This one is better, using my usual drawing technique, not trying anything too fancy.

Nice your picking up digital pretty quickly. I like how clean it looks.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Nice your picking up digital pretty quickly. I like how clean it looks.
    Thank you.
    Steeeeep learning curve. Procreate is pretty intuitive but it’s my first time with layers, thank heavens for online tutorials!
    I should have learned years ago but lacked the tech.
    I love the flexibility, I recoloured a picture of Jean I did yesterday in just a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she most definitely could do this!! my initial question though was trying to understand how she can be a weather manipulating omega mutant when you have thor in the mix. I personally think this would mean her upper limits as it relates to manipulating weather would surpass Thor.
    Again, omega is a classification that only applies to mutants in this instance. All power sources are not the same and we don't know the true extant of Thor's power let alone Storm's. And like Devaishwarya said, Thor has thousands of years of experience and his power level has been upgraded even more in his latest solo.

Believe me, I'm not downplaying Storm's abilities but I don't know why the need to quantify her power based on what Thor can do.