Page 336 of 772 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386436 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I think we know the true answer to this. Marvel wants to appear that they care about diversity so include her on their merchandise but don't pay the same respect to her or black comic book readers in reality.
    honestly I feel like the avengers side put a decent effort towards diversity. they have a few minority/female led books where stories can center around them. however, the same isn't true for the xbookz. the stories center around their white characters and the only ones thus far to get solo books hsvr been white men. there has to be a shift within the creative team of the xoffuces for true changes to the stories we read.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

hold on guys, I know a lot of us are tired of waiting for X-Office to make Ororo relevant again but since they promised this year would be Storm's year I think we should wait until SWORD #6 comes out to make conclusions about the " Big plans".
    We still have 3 things about Storm in this era that we still don't know what it's about: Her Space Program, Elemental Cosmic heart and supposedly the Regent of Sol thing and depending on how it's developed Storm could be the most important X-Men in RoX.
    After Planet Size I'm willing to give X-Office a chance until the SWORD stuff comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    hold on guys, I know a lot of us are tired of waiting for X-Office to make Ororo relevant again but since they promised this year would be Storm's year I think we should wait until SWORD #6 comes out to make conclusions about the " Big plans".
    We still have 3 things about Storm in this era that we still don't know what it's about: Her Space Program, Elemental Cosmic heart and supposedly the Regent of Sol thing and depending on how it's developed Storm could be the most important X-Men in RoX.
    After Planet Size I'm willing to give X-Office a chance until the SWORD stuff comes out.
    thats been a common theme though with storm fans where we find ourselves waiting and seeing. its exactly what we did after the annulled marriage so though Hickman is a part ofva different team it still feels like more of the same, at least for me. while I do agree waiting until sword 6 is fair I cannot fault some of her fans for calling the xofffices out for their handling of the character over the years.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Looking forward to sword and GOTG. I don't want to get my hopes up but i do feel storm is going to be the regent but i dunno. I also think if she is she will hopefully play a part in galaxy etc but then i would not be suprised if they give it to namor since, yeah. But i also think it would be beneficial to have Namor and the Atleanas move to Arrako where he can rule the seas but then i'm sure there must be some Arrako mutants that are water based as well so could be interesting seeing Storm trying to bring those two together on planet and interact off planet. But i've completely pulled back to wait and see though no matter what happens i'm sticking with GOTG and Sword. I mean just the last few issues of GOTG had me thinking "storm, storm storm" they way they were talking about the rarity of finding new planets or planets that can support life. I could easily imagine storm helping to heal planets as a way to get allies and outreach. I still remain very satisfied with what we got of Storm in dawn and i remember even back then we weren't even expecting what we did get. lol

Until they started gassing up our expectations. I honestly feel this is the first time i've really had expectations of some form of prominence but to me that one falls on the team because they kept saying. "big plans coming. Story arc." So naw expectations aren't on us this time around.
    what do you mean by the expectations are not on us this time? I dont think we've ever expected something that wasn't hinted at by the xoffices or marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Is it just me or storm might have been created to be the bright lady. Hadari yao the keeper of the balance of all natural things...The Queen of heaven.
    sounds about right to me.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't think in this era Storm will be considered The Most Important character of the X-line.
    With Everything that has transpired since HoX/PoX...With Jean and Scott headlining the X-Men. Magneto and Xavier and Moira focusing on Krakoa internal politics. With Emma being the head of "Marketing and Distribution and Promotion" ...that is absolutely not the case.

Depending on what Ewing brings to the table with the Powers Cosmic ...Storm will certainly be One of the Most Important characters...if it pans out.

The days of "One Character to Rule them All" are long gone...this is the era of "All for One"
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what do you mean by the expectations are not on us this time? I dont think we've ever expected something that wasn't hinted at by the xoffices or marvel.

sounds about right to me.
    Meaning i understand X-men is a team world so i get that "not everything can focus on one character. or a character may not get an arc in a team book." which i'm cool with. I usually go with the flow. But when your telling me over and over as a creator you have big plans and a specific story i think it's fair when people have some expectations. It doesn't need to be a solo or whatever but even an arc or two that focuses on what her intents are and delve into what direction she chooses whatever that may be is enough. Because that is what we were told we would get. A big story featuring Storm and a new direction for her. Whatever it is i'm cool i just want to see it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Another meaningless feat. Great.

Meanwhile Cyclops and Jean get to be the co-main stars of the new flagship team. Remember when Storm was as important to the franchise as they were?
    I get your frustration on this the feat is spectacular and is a homage to her power... But it still doesn't help her charachter bit hopefully things would change soon I guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    What do you mean meaningless!?
    Granted as Storm fan we've been saying she can do these things and more from her inception and just because The XWriter are just late to the party doesn't mean it wasn't meaningful.

And I know the others are just speculating but if Storm was chosen for Regent of Sol would it than be worthy?

And what would you consider a worthy Storm feat ?
    This question goes out to everyone.
    Oh a star level feat would really give heft to the regent of Sol title.

Also yes storm is more than worthy. She is the only one that the avengers might whine less about as their regent. She is easily the most diplomatically savy of the xmen. And she is a natural ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Meaning i understand X-men is a team world so i get that "not everything can focus on one character. or a character may not get an arc in a team book." which i'm cool with. I usually go with the flow. But when your telling me over and over as a creator you have big plans and a specific story i think it's fair when people have some expectations. It doesn't need to be a solo or whatever but even an arc or two that focuses on what her intents are and delve into what direction she chooses whatever that may be is enough. Because that is what we were told we would get. A big story featuring Storm and a new direction for her. Whatever it is i'm cool i just want to see it.
    thanks for clarifying. yes the only two times I can recall the xoffices specifically saying they had big plans for her was after she left bp and now. so if you say as such to the readers wanting to see that manifest is fair as you just mentioned

BANNED

I think we know the true answer to this. Marvel wants to appear that they care about diversity so include her on their merchandise but don't pay the same respect to her or black comic book readers in reality.
    It breaks my heart that we as black comic fans love comics sooo much but we know deep down they do not love us back. But sadly that's how the system is people write stories about themselves. Hence why I want storm to move to BP or something but not the xoffice. This whole regent thing has me worried because once she gets that fancy title she might disappear from all books entirely only being name dropped as this godlike figure. And honestly I don't know if I would like that but as anyone I would wait and see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    She is on the sword 8 variant I think that's where the announcement would be made...but you right let's wait and see.

It breaks my heart that we as black comic fans love comics sooo much but we know deep down they do not love us back. But sadly that's how the system is people write stories about themselves. Hence why I want storm to move to BP or something but not the xoffice. This whole regent thing has me worried because once she gets that fancy title she might disappear from all books entirely only being name dropped as this godlike figure. And honestly I don't know if I would like that but as anyone I would wait and see.
    this is why I loved Coates so much. some may not liked his execution but his stories was rich with diversity.

Oh a star level feat would really give heft to the regent of Sol title.

Also yes storm is more than worthy. She is the only one that the avengers might whine less about as their regent. She is easily the most diplomatically savy of the xmen. And she is a natural ruler.
    if she is the regent I wonder how she would handle the qc. there is also another possibility what if she is the commander of the second sword ship?

BANNED

this is why I loved Coates so much. some may not liked his execution but his stories was rich with diversity.
    I love him too he bestowed the goddess back to herself.

BANNED

if she is the regent I wonder how she would handle the qc. there is also another possibility what if she is the commander of the second sword ship?
    I think the regent is above commanding the sword space ship. The regent is the ruler hence all sword ships are for them. I remember the marauders 20 cover where she is looking up at the stars.