Page 264 of 772 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364764 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I would say any form of manipulation of her younger self into having that meeting wouldn't have been fair to ororo ultimately.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Perhaps it's because I read and appreciate a vast number of Marvel characters...I will never understand the desperate need to compare these two very distinct characters with their vastly different origins, histories and powersets places in the MU.
    You are ultimately right it is not needed to compare but it is done usually in fun. But this was out of no where and simply unprovoked.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    You are ultimately right it is not needed to compare but it is done usually in fun. But this was out of no where and simply unprovoked.
    if I'm being fair looking at some of the feats thor has done i can understand his fans being put off by that article. that said, he shouldn't be given traits unique to her in order to prop him up. his fans can make their case without doing that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

If I may drop my 2 cents, even though I'd love for Storm and Thor to team up and even go so far as to have a miniseries together, I did find it strange that he said the storm would test his might when 1) from what I understand about him (which admittedly is not much) the hammer does the bulk of the heavy lifting, 2) He's a bona-fid god with all the godly perks including superhuman stamina/endurance, 3) Hasn't he done global storms in the past not problem?

It's cool that they got Storm and Thor to team up but I feel like more could have been put into the story to make it logical considering Storm has pulled off several global feats on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    If I may drop my 2 cents, even though I'd love for Storm and Thor to team up and even go so far as to have a miniseries together, I did find it strange that he said the storm would test his might when 1) from what I understand about him (which admittedly is not much) the hammer does the bulk of the heavy lifting, 2) He's a bona-fid god with all the godly perks including superhuman stamina/endurance, 3) Hasn't he done global storms in the past not problem?

It's cool that they got Storm and Thor to team up but I feel like more could have been put into the story to make it logical considering Storm has pulled off several global feats on her own.

I think if the task simply required him to blow up a planet he would be able to do it no problem. this required a different level of control that wasn't based entirely around raw power. perhaps this is why this particular occurrence was a challenge for him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think if the task simply required him to blow up a planet he would be able to do it no problem. this required a different level of control that wasn't based entirely around raw power. perhaps this is why this particular occurrence was a challenge for him.
    That's what Thor fans don't seem to get their powers work differently and storms way gives her way more dominion over the weather.
    Now let me use changing the chanel in the TV scenario. If Thor is to change the chanel all he will have to do is pick up the remote and change the chanel. Storm on the otherhand will be connected to every component of the tv the raw materials that make the hardware and the radio waves that make the software, the electricity and the like all the way to the molecular atomic level to change the chanel. Whilst Thor's way was straight forward it gives him less control whereas storm can shape the tv, break it down and rebuild it. Control individual parts and associated components. And this will spill over into other tv like appliances like radio or computers giving her a. High level of control at least over those appliances.
    All I am trying to say is that Thor simply summons a storm, Storm becomes it every part.

I can gel with that.

The ultra-nerd side of me is reminded of Ben 10. Gwen had the raw power but Charmcaster had the experience and only when they worked together could they get anything accomplished.

Not saying it's a perfect parallel for Storm and Thor but you get what I mean

BANNED

This team up felt weird but was good seeing them work together. In truth yh Thor could do it on his own storm too. But I think this needed a little finesses due to the climate and how fragile the ecosystem is, that's why I believe Thor created a magical storm, storm expands it and guiding Thor they both use the wind to direct the spores to the portals.like kyss said it's about control not breaking or smashing. The problem will be that a global storm will also destroy the planetary ecosystem. So we use Thor's magical weather and Storm's control and then boom! Magic. Since Thor's weather doesn't affect local climates.

Not really storm also has a lot of raw power she is omega afterall, he could do the storm but he wouldn't even know what he would be doing, ultimately it will do more harm than good. Storm on the otherhand can due to her connection to the planet itself knows what needs to be done to mitigate the natural effects at play. She even says so herself.

That's what Thor fans don't seem to get their powers work differently and storms way gives her way more dominion over the weather.
    Now let me use changing the chanel in the TV scenario. If Thor is to change the chanel all he will have to do is pick up the remote and change the chanel. Storm on the otherhand will be connected to every component of the tv the raw materials that make the hardware and the radio waves that make the software, the electricity and the like all the way to the molecular atomic level to change the chanel. Whilst Thor's way was straight forward it gives him less control whereas storm can shape the tv, break it down and rebuild it. Control individual parts and associated components. And this will spill over into other tv like appliances like radio or computers giving her a. High level of control at least over those appliances.
    All I am trying to say is that Thor simply summons a storm, Storm becomes it every part.
    your analogy is why I dont think one can definitely say who is more powerful. is it better to just be able to change the weather while being detached from it OR being literally connected to the weather while working within the confines of existing energies to manipulate it? I guess it depends but ororo is definitely more intimately connected to the weather which for me tips the scales in her favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I can gel with that.

The ultra-nerd side of me is reminded of Ben 10. Gwen had the raw power but Charmcaster had the experience and only when they worked together could they get anything accomplished.

Not saying it's a perfect parallel for Storm and Thor but you get what I mean
    no im aligned to what you are saying. I like that comparison because it does demonstrate even though they both control weather they work together in ways that will make the end result more effective.

Extraordinary Member

your analogy is why I dont think one can definitely say who is more powerful. is it better to just be able to change the weather while being detached from it OR being literally connected to the weather while working within the confines of existing energies to manipulate it? I guess it depends but ororo is definitely more intimately connected to the weather which for me tips the scales in her favor.
    As you said it is scapel and hammer.Thor can do way more damage.He can also take a lot lot more.Storm has way more control and versatility.
    If we can ignore the Aaron's sh*tty retcon then Thor is also part Earth god.He used that connection in empire.And having Mjonlir helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    As you said it is scapel and hammer.Thor can do way more damage.He can also take a lot lot more.Storm has way more control and versatility.
    If we can ignore the Aaron's sh*tty retcon then Thor is also part Earth god.He used that connection in empire.And having Mjonlir helps.
    A couple of things to consider.

1. the scalpel vs hammer analogy isn't meant to suggest storm cannot do more damage. its more about the precision and accuracy of how they individually utilize their powers. for example ororo can take direct control of electrons to shut down an opponents brain. this isn't something thor has been shown capable of doing.

2. you must remember as an omega level weather manipulator there is no definable upper limit to her abilities. I would think this would also apply to the weather effects respective damage and we have yet to see what she can do when in that realm. we have roguestorm, galatic core, healing of the Trion dimension etc as examples of what these upper limits can encompass but it hasn't been barely scratched. therefore if you are looking at feats as they currently exist you would be correct but to do this would require you to ignore these two factual conditions related to ororo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    You can't ignore a retcon just because it's bad. Also doesn't the pheonix ring storms mom give him an upgrade in power I mean elderearth goddess vs primordial embodiment of all psionic power it seams like a clear cut thing.

You can't ignore a retcon just because it's bad. Also doesn't the pheonix ring storms mom give him an upgrade in power I mean elderearth goddess vs primordial embodiment of all psionic power it seams like a clear cut thing.
    well his mom went from being an elder god to being a human possessed by the Phoenix. that is very much a downgrade lol

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I am actually really, really sick of all of the rectons to make Xavier an *******. While I would be 100% on board with Xavier sensing an unusual deepness within her minds or something of that nature, I do not want yet another story line where the writers make him out to be the ******* mind controller.
    I don't know what to feel about Xavier anymore. They started out writing him as a bit of a jerk. That may have just been the 60's as for some reason many heroes were falling victim of superdickery. And later on they seemed to bring things up and expand upon those things to make him more complex. But some of these things... I cant believe how many times he just went back to being a hero and a noble soul. Later they may as well made him an antihero post House of M and now they are finally treating him that way if not an actual villain. Some authors seemed to also be obsessed with the idea of him having a creepy side and then weeeelll now its hero time. I don't want to understand it.

That said those were some powerful pages.

BANNED

Yh on your statement on my analogy, you are right to an extent that yh Thor's way is much more convineint and for fighting, I mean unleashing a storm of untold destruction without having to build it is really divine in of itself. But ultimately storm trumps him why because anything he can summon she can control and manipulate. She can control his power he can't control hers. That's what makes her the superior weather manipulator.

A couple of things to consider.

1. the scalpel vs hammer analogy isn't meant to suggest storm cannot do more damage. its more about the precision and accuracy of how they individually utilize their powers. for example ororo can take direct control of electrons to shut down an opponents brain. this isn't something thor has been shown capable of doing.

2. you must remember as an omega level weather manipulator there is no definable upper limit to her abilities. I would think this would also apply to the weather effects respective damage and we have yet to see what she can do when in that realm. we have roguestorm, galatic core, healing of the Trion dimension etc as examples of what these upper limits can encompass but it hasn't been barely scratched. therefore if you are looking at feats as they currently exist you would be correct but to do this would require you to ignore these two factual conditions related to ororo.
    I think the scapel hammer comparison has given people the impression that storm doesn't have raw power. Like they know that she is an omega level mutant for a reason right? Yh she is a scapel but when she wants she can be a hammer though she prefers not to since it's beneficial for the environment.was it the rouge storm arc where they said she had produced nigh infinite power which was beyond all comprehension power sooo great even Doom was shook. Doom!
    She has versatility and power, but that doesn't derail from third power in terms of showing he has a lot of raw power feats like I said a long solo career will do that. Give any hero especially a white male hero a solo and by the thrift volume they are a god or godlike. Use this with an actual god and you get rune king Thor, Odinforce Thor, cosmic herald Thor among other incarnations.
    That's why we as storm fans want her to get a solo to explore her history and her power because there is a lot of it.