Page 333 of 414 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343383 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 6197
  1. #4981
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Question for all because I'm trying to kill time: What, if anything, could she replicate solo in terms of making a planet habitable?

    -Magneto pulling iron from the Kiper belt.

    -Vulcan & Hope Kamehameha'ing the iron.

    -Magneto "Stirring the sauce".

    -Hope and Proteus cooling the planet (?)

    -Iceman making a polar ice cap.

    -Soubnar's Ocean eco-system.

    -Xilo and Elixer giving 'life'.
    I'm thinking her ability to manipulate to elements and their respective energies would allow her to do all of these with the exception of the last.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #4982
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    With the exception of creating micro organisms yh she could if you look at her powerset. I mean it would take a shot Gon of raw material and more time but she can do it. Because she has direct power over magnetic fields and electromagnetism pulling an asteroid into a planet wouldn't be an issue, the kamehameha's can easily be done with a very powerful lightning blast she can even chanel the nearby star to amp the fire power. She can eslasily cool the planet directly and can again by chaneling he magnetic forces of a star stir the source. The water would be tricky and this is where she would have to delve into the chemical aspect of her powers by pulling hydrogen atoms together to create water by bonding a shit ton of the hydrogen to oxygen then bonding that to the hydrogen, but like I said that would take time and a lot of hydrogen atoms so sobunar would be needed. Xilo and elixr are also going to be needed. But that is teresstrial planets on gas Giants it's a different issue because storm can directly take charge of everything and tune it to sustain life.
    goddess mode storm should be able to do it all. remember her goddess energy allowed plants to grow that where virtually dead.



    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    https://screenrant.com/x-men-storm-solar-system-regent/

    I just saw this article.... Also I do think it's storm because hickman stated last year that storm is going to take center stage and have a two year story arc or so.

    Also remember when xavier stated that storm was always meant to be the most important mutant in the world and THE symbol for mutantkind I think this is it. But.i still cant celebrate until it's made official.
    great find dirty going to read this and let you know my thoughts.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #4983
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm thinking her ability to manipulate to elements and their respective energies would allow her to do all of these with the exception of the last.
    For Ororo the Goddes all the above are fair game.
    For Storm the omega level mutant : whatever can be fitted into weather manipulation in a reasonable way
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

  4. #4984
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    For Ororo the Goddes all the above are fair game.
    For Storm the omega level mutant : whatever can be fitted into weather manipulation in a reasonable way

    which of those do you think she could reasonably that would fit into weather manipulation?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #4985
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    which of those do you think she could reasonably that would fit into weather manipulation?
    Without any external boost I can see storm gather a comet to provide the planet the gases and liquids it is lacking, I can see her jumpstart the core with em energy like a patient in cardiac arrest, she could also play with pressure and convective currents in the mantle, I can easily see her adjusting the magnetosphere, solar radiation and of course the atmosphere not to mention everything related to the hydrosphere.

    The metal asteroid and manipulation of biological matter/ biological activity/life would require the use of a power different than her mutant one because at present I just don’t see it if she’s only relaying on her mutation.

    All the reality manipulation especially from Jamie and kevin it’s another matter entirely.

    Goddess Ororo boosted by prayer/faith could perform any of these miracles on her own.
    Last edited by Daedra; 06-17-2021 at 05:54 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

  6. #4986
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Without any external boost I can see storm gather a comet to provide the planet the gases and liquids it is lacking, I can see her jumpstart the core with em energy like a patient in cardiac arrest, she could also play with pressure and convective currents in the mantle, I can easily see her adjusting the magnetosphere, solar radiation and of course the atmosphere not to mention everything related to the hydrosphere.

    The metal asteroid and manipulation of biological matter/ biological activity/life would require the use of a power different than her mutant one because at present I just don’t see it if she’s only relaying on her mutation.

    All the reality manipulation especially from Jamie and kevin it’s another matter entirely.
    I love ALL of this. That would have been so awesome to see and agree with all the first paragraph.

    In regards to the metal asteroid, would manipulating the electrons associated with whichever metallic material its made of potentially allow empire even this?

    oan: your avi is really awesome btw.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #4987
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    goddess mode storm should be able to do it all. remember her goddess energy allowed plants to grow that where virtually dead.





    great find dirty going to read this and let you know my thoughts.
    Oh shit I forgot about The hadari yao.... XOFFICE! EXPLORE HER MORE!

  8. #4988
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Girl, its her!

    Bookmark this!
    She isnt in any major books.

    She had a whole issue in marauders about finding something new. The shi'ar adore her...its coming sis!!

    I know its hard to be optimistic though, with how ..what's the word...CHALLENGED writers tend to be when it comes to her but i believe this is it for Goddess.
    Agreed. Regent of Sol makes a lot of sense for her character. Responsible for maintaining mutant diplomacy with the wider cosmos, potentially coordinating mutant expansion to other planets, she may even be responsible for keeping an eye on the Arraki because best believe they're a potential problem within Sol itself if left unchecked lol.

    And let's not forget Mars is a barrier world, meaning the first line of defense against cosmic invasion. If Marvel plays their cards right Storm could be the diplomat, architect, and defender of mutantkind's space expansion. But imma keep my expectations within reason and see what Ewing has to say first lol.

  9. #4989
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Oh shit I forgot about The hadari yao.... XOFFICE! EXPLORE HER MORE!
    as long as I'm posting here I won't let you ever forget her. lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  10. #4990
    Incredible Member Stormultt Divine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Agreed. Regent of Sol makes a lot of sense for her character. Responsible for maintaining mutant diplomacy with the wider cosmos, potentially coordinating mutant expansion to other planets, she may even be responsible for keeping an eye on the Arraki because best believe they're a potential problem within Sol itself if left unchecked lol.

    And let's not forget Mars is a barrier world, meaning the first line of defense against cosmic invasion. If Marvel plays their cards right Storm could be the diplomat, architect, and defender of mutantkind's space expansion. But imma keep my expectations within reason and see what Ewing has to say first lol.
    Yesss and im glad you brought up the arakkii, im so excited to see storm interact and maybe even bond with them.

  11. #4991
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I love ALL of this. That would have been so awesome to see and agree with all the first paragraph.

    In regards to the metal asteroid, would manipulating the electrons associated with whichever metallic material its made of potentially allow empire even this?

    oan: your avi is really awesome btw.
    Well to be fair, given the abundance of hydrogen and helium in the solar system, if she really had to provide iron under her own power I would rather see her use the sun nuclear furnace injecting coronal matter directly into mars core and letting a controlled fusion process do the rest, iron is the ultimate product of star’s fusion anyway and she’s very proficient in dealing with high energy systems.

    Hey thanks, gonna do a storm’s one next, just in the sketch phases for now.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

  12. #4992
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Well to be fair, given the abundance of hydrogen and helium in the solar system, if she really had to provide iron under her own power I would rather see her use the sun nuclear furnace injecting coronal matter directly into mars core and letting a controlled fusion process do the rest, iron is the ultimate product of star’s fusion anyway and she’s very proficient in dealing with high energy systems.

    Hey thanks, gonna do a storm’s one next, just in the sketch phases for now.

    wow. ok that works for me too. I love all the science behind how that would work!

    You're welcome!! You're very talented! Please share once you have it complete!!! (^_^)
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #4993
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Yesss and im glad you brought up the arakkii, im so excited to see storm interact and maybe even bond with them.
    Yea because when you think about it, while Magneto solved the problem of Arakkii attacking humanity by giving them a planet he's also given them a powerbase. They now have a planet full of resources and all the opportunity to war against each other which could arguably make them more warlike and dangerous because inevitably they'll want to expand past Mars. Lucky for mutantkind Storm's on Mars so she can hopefully relate to and work with them because she's a proud warrior herself.

    And for those of us really into the goddess/mystical angle, Ewing's a huge continuity nut so it's possible he'll pick up on the matter of Storm's bloodline developed by Coates. Maybe Storm's empathic connection to Mars (she is in a certain sense its mother) is part of some deeper relationship she has via her ancestry, something the Arakkii may have some knowledge on. Lots of cool elements to explore there if he wanted. Regent of Sol is a position filled with potential.

  14. #4994
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    wow. ok that works for me too. I love all the science behind how that would work!

    You're welcome!! You're very talented! Please share once you have it complete!!! (^_^)
    Even Magneto moving the asteroid wasn’t really convincing, it could take months if not years getting the asteroid to mars but coronal matter can be extruded at speeds comparable to that of light and the forces in the sun if manipulated correctly would be helping by pushing in the right direction
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

  15. #4995
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea because when you think about it, while Magneto solved the problem of Arakkii attacking humanity by giving them a planet he's also given them a powerbase. They now have a planet full of resources and all the opportunity to war against each other which could arguably make them more warlike and dangerous because inevitably they'll want to expand past Mars. Lucky for mutantkind Storm's on Mars so she can hopefully relate to and work with them because she's a proud warrior herself.

    And for those of us really into the goddess/mystical angle, Ewing's a huge continuity nut so it's possible he'll pick up on the matter of Storm's bloodline developed by Coates. Maybe Storm's empathic connection to Mars (she is in a certain sense its mother) is part of some deeper relationship she has via her ancestry, something the Arakkii may have some knowledge on. Lots of cool elements to explore there if he wanted. Regent of Sol is a position filled with potential.
    do you know what book .shows the arrakkii attacking humans?

    also I hope Ewing goes into all of that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •