Page 213 of 772 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313713 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    thanks will definitely check it out. it's raining heavy and im bored. lol good lord i was a minute into it before i realized the sound wasn't playing because i didn't turn on my bluetooth headset. @_@
    Are you in the South? I know a few states are getting some heavy rain there.

Nothing better on a rainy day than to read some good comics!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Are you in the South? I know a few states are getting some heavy rain there.

Nothing better on a rainy day than to read some good comics!
    Very true. Today. I'm everywhere. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yall check out this video. this review has me more inclined to think Hickman's unannounced book is a storm solo:

if this is the case yall my head will be officially scalped.
    I want to see a solo Storm in space arc so bad!! Her powers are massively increased in space as the energy there is greater.

You know as I think about the “big picture” and less about the technical mechanics. I think I finally understand why Storm is an omega level “Weather Manipulator” with no limits. Weather is defined as the state of the atmosphere. Scientifically “Atmosphere” is defined as the envelope of gases surrounding a celestial body, however her power goes much deeper than that as atmosphere can also just describe the surrounding influence or environment. She’s been able to tap in to various mediums and perceive them as an atmosphere. Storm’s mutant ability allows her to see her surrounding environment as patterns of natural force and energy that are hers to command. No matter where she is in the universe there’s always going to be an atmosphere because her power EMANATES from her. She is the celestial body and the universe is an infinite atmosphere filled which flowing patterns of force and energy that she can bend to her will. This is why her power cannot be surpassed by any means because she has the potential to affect the entire universe. I really hope to see something on the level of the galactic core feat or greater again.

I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Ohk so guys I want to ask a question about storm and magneto and their relationship to electromagnetism. I was reading up on the standard model theory and I realized that I have never seen magneto control electricity maybe absorb but never controlled it just it's magnetic aspects, at the same time I realized storm has not only controlled electricity in extreme capacity but has also directly controlled magnetic fields on more than two occasions. Two being planetary control of the earth's magnetic field itself. So I want to ask of these two who actually has control over the fundamental force electromagnetism. Because if we are talking about feats and cannon I will argue storm has direct control over electromagnetism.itself whilst magneto just has magnetism. Or I am wrong.
    I think a fair argument could be made for either but this is magneto's omega level ability so his control would not have any potential limit. this is not to discredit ororo though in any way. tge fact she's manipulated the em field on a planetary levels a few times us nothing to scoff at.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    I want to see a solo Storm in space arc so bad!! Her powers are massively increased in space as the energy there is greater.

You know as I think about the “big picture” and less about the technical mechanics. I think I finally understand why Storm is an omega level “Weather Manipulator” with no limits. Weather is defined as the state of the atmosphere. Scientifically “Atmosphere” is defined as the envelope of gases surrounding a celestial body, however her power goes much deeper than that as atmosphere can also just describe the surrounding influence or environment. She’s been able to tap in to various mediums and perceive them as an atmosphere. Storm’s mutant ability allows her to see her surrounding environment as patterns of natural force and energy that are hers to command. No matter where she is in the universe there’s always going to be an atmosphere because her power EMANATES from her. She is the celestial body and the universe is an infinite atmosphere filled which flowing patterns of force and energy that she can bend to her will. This is why her power cannot be surpassed by any means because she has the potential to affect the entire universe. I really hope to see something on the level of the galactic core feat or greater again.

I like your explanation here. nicely said!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Damn you make me love our girl all over again. She is the celestial body. Come on words.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

If i'm honest even more than a feat if i could read what you wrote in a caption it would be everything. "she reaches out, the celestial body..." I mean that was deep for me.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

what idiopop said really puts me in the mind of this:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

what idiopop said really puts me in the mind of this:

Thats why in my mind ororo has always in a way been immortal, she doesn't need many upgrades but exploration. I remember thinking in claremont run when she felt disconnected from the earth and looking older in the art and thinking that makes sense she gains substanstance and life force from the world she is on so of course she would look harder in darker times, depending on the world. I remember thinking she is so connected as long as the planet she is on exists she will. That's why she was a goddess to me. The way her powers were explained how life itself sustained her and empowered her i always imagined what that would look like as the world got bigger. As she explored further. I have always felt Storm's greatest weakness and limitation is herself, her most consistent trait that she grapples with and not losing what she considers to be her humanity. But i think she has been seeing it in limited terms. That is what i hope is explored. Ororo has always been a goddess born to humans to me but how to you tracend that road. Does it mean losing important relationships. Can you be a god and still human? damn i love storm.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thats why in my mind ororo has always in a way been immortal, she doesn't need many upgrades but exploration. I remember thinking in claremont run when she felt disconnected from the earth and looking older in the art and thinking that makes sense she gains substanstance and life force from the world she is on so of course she would look harder in darker times, depending on the world. I remember thinking she is so connected as long as the planet she is on exists she will. That's why she was a goddess to me. The way her powers were explained how life itself sustained her and empowered her i always imagined what that would look like as the world got bigger. As she explored further. I have always felt Storm's greatest weakness and limitation is herself, her most consistent trait that she grapples with and not losing what she considers to be her humanity. But i think she has been seeing it in limited terms. That is what i hope is explored. Ororo has always been a goddess born to humans to me but how to you tracend that road. Does it mean losing important relationships. Can you be a god and still human? damn i love storm.
    agreed I dont believe any upgrades are necessary. everything within her powerset has always been there as you said exploration is all that is really needed. this is why I like Coates making her godhead canon. this has been hinted at in many ways in different periods of her lore.

I dont mind that she went through a period of time believing herself not a goddess, because as you said, its always been there even if she and others around her ignored it. I think this next phase of her development should be her trying to discover her ancestry and reconnecting to the elements of her heritage she has ignored since becoming an xmen.

BANNED

I think a fair argument could be made for either but this is magneto's omega level ability so his control would not have any potential limit. this is not to discredit ororo though in any way. tge fact she's manipulated the em field on a planetary levels a few times us nothing to scoff at.
    But that's the thing electromagnetism has two parts to it magnetism and electrostatic, from what I gather magneto is the omega of magnetism which is one part of the force it allows for the metal stuff he does an in that regard he is unchallenged. But from my knowledge Eric has never created lightning or directly controlled electric energy or associated forces. Whist storm has not only controlled electrostatic forces but planetary magnetic forces. That's why I am implying this.

But that's the thing electromagnetism has two parts to it magnetism and electrostatic, from what I gather magneto is the omega of magnetism which is one part of the force it allows for the metal stuff he does an in that regard he is unchallenged. But from my knowledge Eric has never created lightning or directly controlled electric energy or associated forces. Whist storm has not only controlled electrostatic forces but planetary magnetic forces. That's why I am implying this.
    I think magneto has created a storm before. i believe he was amped by a machine when he did but storm wasn't able to control it (which i think was pis). nevertheless, the way in which he controls EM fields he perhaps could theoretically be able to manipulate bolts.

what did you mean she has not controlled electrostatic forces? she's used this energy to repel and attract blades before:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-17-2021 at 02:47 PM.

BANNED

I think magneto has created a storm before. i believe he was amped by a machine when he did but storm wasn't able to control it (which i think was pis). nevertheless, the way in which he controls EM fields he perhaps could theoretically be able to manipulate bolts.

what did you mean she has not controlled electrostatic forces? she's used this energy to repel and attract blades before:

That's the thing he created a magnetic storm, with magnetic energy though he was amped. Storm not being able to control it was pis, but with the blades yes she did use magnetic energy to move metallic blades and even created an emp that overloaded magneto's clone. But like I said magneto is the behemoth in magnetism but with electricity he has yet to demonstrate even basic generation of a volt without external help. But storm on her own controls lightning and electricity soooo proficiently she can control it in people's brain. And though not an omega in the magnetic field has at least planetary level magnetic manipulation feats. That's why I am saying storm actually has control over electromagnetism as a force in it's totality whilst magneto through magnetism indirectly controls the electromagnetic spectrum but it isn't direct control.

That's the thing he created a magnetic storm, with magnetic energy though he was amped. Storm not being able to control it was pis, but with the blades yes she did use magnetic energy to move metallic blades and even created an emp that overloaded magneto's clone. But like I said magneto is the behemoth in magnetism but with electricity he has yet to demonstrate even basic generation of a volt without external help. But storm on her own controls lightning and electricity soooo proficiently she can control it in people's brain. And though not an omega in the magnetic field has at least planetary level magnetic manipulation feats. That's why I am saying storm actually has control over electromagnetism as a force in it's totality whilst magneto through magnetism indirectly controls the electromagnetic spectrum but it isn't direct control.
    Check this explanation below out:

The key difference between the two is that magnetism refers to the phenomena associated with magnetic fields or magnetic forces, whereas the term electromagnetism is the type of magnetism produced by electric current, and is associated with both magnetic fields and electric fields.

Storm, through being able to control electrical forces, can as I byproduct manipulate magnetic fields. I do not believe she directly controls them as magneto can. He doesn't need to or cannot directly control electrical energy needed to create magnetic fields. At least I do not recall any instances of him manipulating electricity or electrical forces directly. All in all, if the end goal is to manipulate magnetic forces storm has to do this through electrical manipulation whereas magneto does it directly. EM fields appear is a type of magnetism so it should fall under his purview as well even if he has not directly manipulated electricity.

edit: he has directly controlled electricity, lightning:

but but storm still trumps him in this arena and even overcharged him with a lightning bolt in fight prior to the events of age of x:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-17-2021 at 03:21 PM.

... continued:

see him falling down from the second bolt:

BANNED

Check this explanation below out:

The key difference between the two is that magnetism refers to the phenomena associated with magnetic fields or magnetic forces, whereas the term electromagnetism is the type of magnetism produced by electric current, and is associated with both magnetic fields and electric fields.

Storm, through being able to control electrical forces, can as I byproduct manipulate magnetic fields. I do not believe she directly controls them as magneto can. He doesn't need to or cannot directly control electrical energy needed to create magnetic fields. At least I do not recall any instances of him manipulating electricity or electrical forces directly. All in all, if the end goal is to manipulate magnetic forces storm has to do this through electrical manipulation whereas magneto does it directly. EM fields appear is a type of magnetism so it should fall under his purview as well even if he has not directly manipulated electricity.

edit: he has directly controlled electricity, lightning:

but but storm still trumps him in this arena and even overcharged him with a lightning bolt in fight prior to the events of age of x:

Yh she does by electric currents. But how do you explain when she parted the magnetic field that protects the earth itself. That is direct control over the magnetic field if I am not mistaken. Or the time she used the planets magnetic force to pull lava from within the earth though connected to kenji. That I believe is not directly titled to electrical abilities. That's why I am insinuating this cause if it were simply emps then of course but when she parted the ozone and the magnetic field directly to vaporize the tidal wave, then that's a different story.