Page 243 of 772 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343743 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Storm has always been kind of a glass cannon though. Phenomenal control of the weather with the might of the elements, including cosmic forces. Still physically a relatively normal woman. A very athletic and well trained woman, but not really someone like Thor or any of the supersoldiers who can take a beating.
    Thats fine and I don’t think anyone disagrees with that. It doesn’t justify bad writing though. Can she be hurt by a bullet? Yes. Should a body that channels terrawatts of lightning be hurt a tazer? Yeah, hell no. I like that she is an omega powerhouse with human level durability. Marvel should explore her defensive capabilities like Polaris & Magneto to account for that vulnerability.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh thanks for clarifying boo! I was thinking this was right around that sentinels issue when she created that hurricane thst didn't do anything against those bots which I thought was also wood. but its been so long I need to verify when I make these posts lol.

did u read today's issue?
    Not yet but I will shortly and post my thoughts. I perused the issue last night and will say I LOVED what I saw in Marauders. Duggan has won me over from how I felt when I initially tried the book. I’ve gone back and bought all issues.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Thats fine and I don’t think anyone disagrees with that. It doesn’t justify bad writing though. Can she be hurt by a bullet? Yes. Should a body that channels terrawatts of lightning be hurt a tazer? Yeah, hell no. I like that she is an omega powerhouse with human level durability. Marvel should explore her defensive capabilities like Polaris & Magneto to account for that vulnerability.

Not yet but I will shortly and post my thoughts. I perused the issue last night and will say I LOVED what I saw in Marauders. Duggan has won me over from how I felt when I initially tried the book. I’ve gone back and bought all issues.
    1. exactly. I dont think anyone expects her to have thor level durability unless she gets something when in "goddess mode" but that aside any areas where she is lacking there can be addressed defensively by way of her powers.

on her being zapped by the taser could this possible be explained because her body was pierced and was hurt allowing hr to be susceptible to electrical attack akin to when her powers betrayed hurt leading up to her punk phase? I dont think her powers should ever hurt her or when attacks are deployed against hr that are nowhere near as powerful as her own abilities but wanted to put that out there

2. oh wow that is some dedication. this is literally the first issue I bought that I thought was worth paying my coins on lolol. can't wait to hear your thoughts.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-05-2021 at 05:10 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/12-y...black-panther/

#excited. I hope he continues to explore storm and black panther's love!! let's go!!

now marvel can we get a storm solo???
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

What I don’t understand is why they give individual writers so much creative power when it comes to characters. When you have one writer saying one thing and another doing the complete opposite it just creates confusion for fans who would like to have a cohesive story. I mean isn’t that what the editors are for and alternate universes? The original creator/writers work should set a precedent. She was a Goddess and Omega Level mutant from Day 1.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    What I don’t understand is why they give individual writers so much creative power when it comes to characters. When you have one writer saying one thing and another doing the complete opposite it just creates confusion for fans who would like to have a cohesive story. I mean isn’t that what the editors are for and alternate universes? The original creator/writers work should set a precedent. She was a Goddess and Omega Level mutant from Day 1.
    yes yes yes. the problem with that too, to your point, is if a subsequent writer comes along and doesn't like what the previous writer did they can essentially do away it it. its exactly what happened in uncanny. she was first shown capable of controlling solar winds and then leading into the reboot with lobdell (though written by claremont) it was as if she forgot she could control them. she was limited to controlling the winds present from the earth's atmosphere. so I think its also important these writers a similar visions for the character and if that isn't possible editorial has to do better in ensuring characters are appropriately. but maybe these creators thought she was OP? is that fair? I would day hell no.

#excited. I hope he continues to explore storm and black panther's love!! let's go!!

I LOVE "The Other History of the DC Universe" book by him. All that stuff that we've been talking about regarding Storm's identity and how that would play into her life as a superhero is exactly what Ridley has done with Black Lightning, Katana, and others in that book. Now I'm sad he isn't just writing a Storm book.

I will definitely be getting this until that happens. lol. Loved Juann Cabal's art on all new wolverine. I hope he makes the book about tchalla and reintroducing him into the MU because based on his current solo you would think BP is in a whole other world. Again i'm not a fan of romance in comics so that is the last thing on my mind and that is beyond BP/Storm. If i'm honest the only couples i like in comics were already together by the time i got into comics.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Storm getting taken out by a tazer of all things is pretty BS, glass cannon or no.

I haven't heard a peep of anything X related happening this week, so I'll have to dig around and find out what happened. We were told that big things were coming for Storm about a year ago and its been a whole lot of nothing so far. Here's hoping that changes. I want to see actual character work and not 'look at how awesome she is' kind of thing. Storm knocking people around like that recent X-men issue is fine every now and then, but its not really character work.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I started in the 90s got into through the cartoon but have since read about all of them.
    that's the exact same way I got into the x-men lol. I can't believe my fave used to be cyclops before I saw Storm and what she could do

Fantastic Member

yes yes yes. the problem with that too, to your point, is if a subsequent writer comes along and doesn't like what the previous writer did they can essentially do away it it. its exactly what happened in uncanny. she was first shown capable of controlling solar winds and then leading into the reboot with lobdell (though written by claremont) it was as if she forgot she could control them. she was limited to controlling the winds present from the earth's atmosphere. so I think its also important these writers a similar visions for the character and if that isn't possible editorial has to do better in ensuring characters are appropriately. but maybe these creators thought she was OP? is that fair? I would day hell no.
    There’s no such thing as overpowered in a universe with people who can literally bend reality. She’s an OMEGA level mutant. Omega actually comes from the greek alphabet and it is their last letter. In English it’s defined as “the extreme or final part”. So in terms of power it doesn’t get any better than that. Omega Level mutants have no definable limit.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Storm getting taken out by a tazer of all things is pretty BS, glass cannon or no.

I haven't heard a peep of anything X related happening this week, so I'll have to dig around and find out what happened. We were told that big things were coming for Storm about a year ago and its been a whole lot of nothing so far. Here's hoping that changes. I want to see actual character work and not 'look at how awesome she is' kind of thing. Storm knocking people around like that recent X-men issue is fine every now and then, but its not really character work.
    Exactly her mutant power enables her to be immune to all environmental weather conditions, ( temperature, electricity, humidity, pressure, etc). Electricity is electricity whether it’s from a lightning bolt or a taser. It doesn’t make sense that she wouldn’t be immune unless her powers weren’t working for some reason.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I LOVE "The Other History of the DC Universe" book by him. All that stuff that we've been talking about regarding Storm's identity and how that would play into her life as a superhero is exactly what Ridley has done with Black Lightning, Katana, and others in that book. Now I'm sad he isn't just writing a Storm book.
    I haven't heard good things about his solo character work at DC. The Other History of the DC Universe sounds like a story that looks at the big picture which should be a boon for him considering Wakanda as a setting and its politics, hopefully he is able to crack an intriguing story that will keep my attention.

BANNED

awesome lolol. you need to stay away from here on Wednesday when storm is in an issue lol.

she definitely is a glass cannon but so is characters like Rachel. what affords her the ability to go toe to toe like she did against thor were her tk shields. now in the curious case of storm her powers could very much be utilized in a similar fashion but writers never really showcase her powers being utilized defensively. there were a few notable exceptions including the most recent xmen issue when she used her em field to block Stygian hammer attack:

all in all, she has the ability to use her powers in a way that would take her out of the glass cannon category but writers don't use her abilities creatively like this typically.
    I mean storm is already terrifyingly op, the only reason she loses any battle on a forum is majorly because she is a glass cannon. The fact of the matter is that force shield wind barriers and pressure domes are well within her power and then some. But the issue is that she is in a team setting and her presence usually renders a lot of members redundant hence why lightning lass. I kinda understand the writer's in this regard. She has sooo many hax abilities it's crazy soo many ways to take out an opponent. That's one of the main reasons I want her to get a solo so she will be able to grow and expand without holding back. I remember several instances where it is stated that storm really holds herself back in order to integrate and save lives. Her fight with valkyrie was an excellent proof of this.

So..the knife thing in Maruders 20....when'd Storm become knife girl? I mean, she used one in LifeDeath and all that..but this seems a bit silly.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    So..the knife thing in Maruders 20....when'd Storm become knife girl? I mean, she used one in LifeDeath and all that..but this seems a bit silly.
    It's just part of who she is and how she stays ready. You dampen her powers boom you get stabbed. Also it was kinda part of a joke that the omega master of the weather carries knives around. Like Emma said she didn't need it.