Page 170 of 772 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270670 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I personally prefer the latter. my question is which one supercedes which:

Neither is a homerun to me, but I'll take Claremont's Madripoor Set version. Just needs a nice tale of Sorceress Supreme Ayesha defeating an interdimensional threat and breaking up the set, scattering them to the four corners of the world and keeping the ruby protected by her own daughter and their descendants.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

yea they don't want to give her the pearls she deserves but regardless of what the xoffices present it is canon she is an actual goddess and so as long as fans push for this, holding writers accountable we will win in the end. however seeing ororo at the top of that list was truly satisfying
    Idk until the xoffice blatantly references it and give her the feats it’s still kinda black panther fan fic at this point lol but fingers crossed , and I as well appreciate storms big push by marvel to being its top female character it’s what she deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    So of course rumors are coming about MCU Mutants.
    Base off some the casting information. Actress like sonequa martin-green & yara shahidi are being consider for roles.
    What do you guys think of either of these lady being chosen to play Storm, and if you think the direction casting seems to be going is in the direction fan would like for Storm?
    I highly doubt there is any MCU casting information to even leak, since it doesn't even have full-time writers. Let alone a lead creative, i'm sure they are still in the brain storming phase. So its best to ignore that stuff - like the bs Jennifer Lawrence "casting" rumors for FF4 - these projects are a long ways away.

Personally, I hope they pick the actress from Old Guard.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 03-29-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Fantastic Member

https://www.marvel.com/watch/digital...x-women-top-10

[/QUOTE]

It's so nice to see Storm be given her props these days. I'm definitely here for it.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I watch this guy all the time lol. His voice is so nerdy though "Ernie Blerd without fear" whatever tf that's supposed to mean
    I like his channel too and watch his reviews often. I did find his reaction to the comic a little over the top although I definitely get it and understand where he is coming from. It's just that this finale after Endgame and even the last fight scene in X of Swords feels a bit repetitive and less epic than described, but I get it. Also, in all fairness, there is one more book left. I will say regardless of issues I have with Coates run and even the BP pairing, I can't take away from the fact that Coates has definitely contributed to the uplifting of Storm's character that we are currently seeing in a big way. Without his proclamation of her goddess status, I highly doubt we would have got confirmation of both her Omega status and her being a goddess on the X side of things. Or even her current recognition as THE POWERHOUSE that we are seeing across the MCU. Despite there being issues, I think it's only fair to give credit in this regard.

I do find it telling, that ppl have more issue with her getting with BP. Than with her getting with Forge or Logan. Despite Forge cheating on her and Logan using her as a stand-in for Jean. Even crazier when you think about the fact that BP and Storm, were the only true black couple in marvel comics for a while, and still are. Regardless of the quality of their pairing.

That being the case is very perplexing to me. But in truth Storm, she was never a character that needed to be tied down. Even though her home and her roots are in Africa, which i think was ultimately, why similar imagery was used from BP. Although it should be noted the MCU didn't create that visual motif (tree of origin or of life).
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 03-29-2021 at 10:58 PM.

Storm hasn't had a single love interest worthy of her. She needs her own solo written by someone who really understands her for that to actually click. She exists primarily as a team member/leader, and that limits her romantic potential. Forge was essentially a plot device for her development(the powerless phase was incredible). Flirting with her X-bros is just that; she's not going to marry Wolverine or Nightcrawler. T'Challa should have remained one of her 'woulda, coulda' monarch suitors(like Arkon, Loki, Doom, Namor, Khan, etc).

I think the understated relationship with Yukio was the most intriguing. Storm's the Alpha. She needs a 'Lois Lane' to her 'Superman', or a "Steve Trevor" to her "Wonder Woman". Playing "Mera" to T'Challa's "Aquaman" was never going to work. Having someone wild and crazy bring out her passionate side was a good approach. Brings her down to earth, onto the street and onto the dancefloor. Storm doesn't need to be in a stuffy palace, with a king burdened by the responsibility of a kingdom that is not hers(and that she will always come second to). I'd be fine with her dating a normal, everyday kinda guy(or lady, for that matter), say a photographer from Harlem, but then he basically becomes a liability waiting to be fridged, or even worse, boring, underdeveloped deadweight(like Northstar's husband). Within a team book, there's not a ton of space for great romance. Even the classics like Scott/Jean, Gambit/Rogue, or Angel/Psylocke fizzle out/get boring.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm hasn't had a single love interest worthy of her. She needs her own solo written by someone who really understands her for that to actually click. She exists primarily as a team member/leader, and that limits her romantic potential. Forge was essentially a plot device for her development(the powerless phase was incredible). Flirting with her X-bros is just that; she's not going to marry Wolverine or Nightcrawler. T'Challa should have remained one of her 'woulda, coulda' monarch suitors(like Arkon, Loki, Doom, Namor, Khan, etc).

I think the understated relationship with Yukio was the most intriguing. Storm's the Alpha. She needs a 'Lois Lane' to her 'Superman', or a "Steve Trevor" to her "Wonder Woman". Playing "Mera" to T'Challa's "Aquaman" was never going to work. Having someone wild and crazy bring out her passionate side was a good approach. Brings her down to earth, onto the street and onto the dancefloor. Storm doesn't need to be in a stuffy palace, with a king burdened by the responsibility of a kingdom that is not hers(and that she will always come second to). I'd be fine with her dating a normal, everyday kinda guy(or lady, for that matter), say a photographer from Harlem, but then he basically becomes a liability waiting to be fridged, or even worse, boring, underdeveloped deadweight(like Northstar's husband). Within a team book, there's not a ton of space for great romance. Even the classics like Scott/Jean, Gambit/Rogue, or Angel/Psylocke fizzle out/get boring.
    Amen and amen.

Hopefully something is done this year since lipservice is present from Marvel so much lately.

Agreed with all this! and they didn't need to marry her and t'challa together it could have been a off and on relationship that built. Maybe he tries the down to earth vibe, or vice versa. Overall there was no need to her to move to Wakanda, making both characters stagnant.

Either one could have gone on that journey of exploration
    with Shuri slowly taking over, as their status as two leaders, prevents the dynamic that would be normal in a more standard relationship ala a non-royal being with a king or queen figure. Or goddess attaching herself to "lesser" being, type situation.

In order if it to work, they needed to put them in circumstances that were more freeform and less strict in terms of intrigue, I mean folks can only handle so much game of thrones lite in a semi-romance comic book about two Alpha's. The traditional elements that courtship sidetracked more interesting concepts, especially with how peaceful Wakanda, usually is too boot (which isn't a bad thing, but things go one or two ways).

Either way, I hope Marvel and the X-office do less talking and start putting their money where their mouth is by elevating Storm as we get closer, to the MCU version of her character, that they better not screw up.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 03-30-2021 at 01:37 AM.

It's simple to me. They weren't her husband, he was. No one blames him and i feel some people come in here to try to start a fight with the same old same old. If you want them have it it, f it's your opinion for them to be together. Here we go circling the drain again. Can someone make a couples thread or something?

At the end of the day writing aside if your husband stays seated because cap tells him to. The writers don't respect the couplle. If your getting into a fist fight with your husband and he is kicking you out of your country you share with him and annuled the marriage it shows there was no black love there because if we are REAL, if we are honest. An aspect of Black love right or wrong is ride or die and the writers weren't here for that and didn't write them as such so the only black love on the page imo is the one that was in peoples minds because it was always written as one sided. But then maybe that's what some peeople think REAL love is.

Either way, this Storm fan is eating good. Yassss! lol

Preach. It would be great to see storm in a relationship where we could see her wonder and majestry through that kind of lense. Regular everyday guy sounds so intriguing and it never crossed my mind.

Also I get the optics of the all black thing but it comes off as awful. All those people tchalla helped all the times he saved the universe and not a single white hero even sent an on the way message. That imo looks as bad as the avengers not showing up to help the xmen but always showing up to stop them before they did anything. There could be a million great reviews out there and it still won't change my mind or anyone else's so I don't get the saving of the opinion of people I don't even know like it's suppose to be a gold standard. Catch me when oprah reviews it. Lol cause that at least means exposure.

Hate typing on my phone autocorrect is evil.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

well you must keep in mind, tchalla freed the minds of all those who lost their memories by way of showing the past BPs that resided in the Dalia he was their king. So the fighrers who you see with Killmonger are no longer "enslaved" in that degree. Nevertheless, I wouldn't say the originators are saving them but aiding tchalla by fighting a common threat, which Ramonda is credited in their effort. String black characters, both make and female, working together having survived both a civil war within Wakanda prime and externally via galatic wakanda is tge legacy I see Coates has left. So people just have come to a different conclusion than the one prescribed above.

and yes beloved you are 10o% correct:

I personally prefer the latter. my question is which one supercedes which:

I wonder if it could not be both?

What I mean is that perhaps it was a family heirloom but somehow Candra was involved and then later a young Ororo stole it back. At the time, she would not have known it was part of her tradition (Achmed El Jabar may have known which is why he had her steal it back) but later he gave it to her.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

thanks for adding the detail here. I think I want to do something similar but if I'm being honestly my 1 through 10 would look like this:

1. Storm
    2. Storm
    3. Storm
    4. Storm
    5. Storm
    6. Storm
    7. Storm
    8. Storm
    9. Storm
    and.......

10. Storm

Mine will be
    1. Storm

And the rest.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Neither is a homerun to me, but I'll take Claremont's Madripoor Set version. Just needs a nice tale of Sorceress Supreme Ayesha defeating an interdimensional threat and breaking up the set, scattering them to the four corners of the world and keeping the ruby protected by her own daughter and their descendants.

what issue talks about the ruby (not candra I've read those)? I want see her gift if godhead confirmed as a result of her being a direct descendant of the bright lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

What I mean is that perhaps it was a family heirloom but somehow Candra was involved and then later a young Ororo stole it back. At the time, she would not have known it was part of her tradition (Achmed El Jabar may have known which is why he had her steal it back) but later he gave it to her.
    yes you are right it could be both. I was hoping this item would be something special to her completely unrelated to any other marvel character.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yes you are right it could be both. I was hoping this item would be something special to her completely unrelated to any other marvel character.
    I really like the both idea. I know what you mean being totally away from any othe Marvel character. But if it started out being in Ororo's family, then that can diminish the other character's claim/involvement/uniqueness. And also, Candra is a minor character with limited appearances, so if she does play into it, I do not think it takes away anything from Ororo if somehow Candra stole it from one of ororo's ancestors. it is just another piece of the puzzle while keeping the stories in tact, adding to the history and mystery of the gem!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

It's not both. Candra's gem was destroyed. Claremont's story wins.

[IMG]Attachment 107912[/IMG]
    Last edited by yogaflame; 03-30-2021 at 09:16 AM.

what issue talks about the ruby (not candra I've read those)? I want see her gift if godhead confirmed as a result of her being a direct descendant of the bright lady.
    That connection was first alluded to in X-Treme X-Men #4, more specifically in #10, when Khan was on the way. Claremont didn't explain much. Another story could flesh out the details in regards to Ororo's ancestors and their history with the gems.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 03-30-2021 at 09:44 AM.