Page 185 of 772 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285685 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I was trying to think of a none goddess attack that would work. also keep in mind what she would do, similar to what she did with sinister when she shut off his brain, would prevent the electrical impulses from moving in the natural way the would when functioning normally. its not really electrocution but halting the flow of the electrical movement.

She uses the term (shocked) In this panel that’s why I assumed she just electrocuted the brain

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weathergodsson View Post
    She uses the term (shocked) In this panel that’s why I assumed she just electrocuted the brain
    I think she explains what she would do to him and your scan simply sums it up.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I know what occurred in his solo run that was written by a completely different writer which didn't have any reference to the cw2 story. which is why I mentioned people looking to invalidate the feat have to look to out of story methods to do so.
    I’m not looking to invalidate anything, the marvel universe is a shared one and that’s the status doctor strange was in when civil war 2 was published, Not every debate has to turn into a fandom war, I like Ororo just as much as I like Stephen, if she does something in black panther we don’t ignore it just because it is written by a different writer, the same same courtesy should be extended to other characters, the Empirikul event had everlasting consequences in the magic side of the marvel universe that were felt for years, it set all the narrative regarding Stephen’s powers and was only recently resolved during waid run.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I think she explains what she would do to him and your scan simply sums it up.
    I still don’t think that will cut up he’s to durable honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’m not looking to invalidate anything, the marvel universe is a shared one and that’s the status doctor strange was in when civil war 2 was published, Not every debate has to turn into a fandom war, I like Ororo just as much as I like Stephen, if she does something in black panther we don’t ignore it just because it is written by a different writer, the same same courtesy should be extended to other characters, the Empirikul event had everlasting consequences in the magic side of the marvel universe that were felt for years, it set all the narrative regarding Stephen’s powers and was only recently resolved during waid run.
    well since you are not invalidating it what in story gave any indication he was weakened? I understand what was happening in his book but that doesn't mean a writer will acknowledge what's happening. was there anything else you can point to that would support bendis was looking to tie into cw2 what was happening in the solo?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I still don’t think that will cut up he’s to durable honestly.
    if thanos can be dropped by similar means certainly thor can:

if thanos can be dropped by similar means certainly thor can:

I think u just changed my mind lol storm is op in that case

I think u just changed my mind lol storm is op in that case
    why is she OP? what do you think she should be able to do?

well since you are not invalidating it what in story gave any indication he was weakened? I understand what was happening in his book but that doesn't mean a writer will acknowledge what's happening. was there anything else you can point to that would support bendis was looking to tie into cw2 what was happening in the solo?
    I think I already explained my pov, at the end of the day Information is just information and people can choose to do with it what they like, when civil war was written the status of magic in the marvel universe was weakened and in flux, the crimson bands were working unreliably on strange’s very own solo book and Brevoort was the editor for both series. These characters are written by multiple writers every year and having to keep in mind multiple development is just the way it is.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I think I already explained my pov, at the end of the day Information is just information and people can choose to do with it what they like, when civil war was written the status of magic in the marvel universe was weakened and in flux, the crimson bands were working unreliably on strange’s very own solo book and Brevoort was the editor for both series. These characters are written by multiple writers every year and having to keep in mind multiple development is just the way it is.
    I get your perspective which you are entitled to have; however, as readers of marvel comics we know what one writer cares to highlight in their story may completely be ignored by a writer in another story. just because these elements were in his solo doesn't mean bendis cared to carry this over into his storyline (could be that he didn't want to be bothered with it) especially if there is nothing in story that indicates he was weakened. I've read that issue from front to back and you won't find anything there before that issue or after that suggest bendis wrote him in a weakened state.

edit: after doing a little digging it appears I was correct in assuming bendis completely ignored what was going on in his solo. just so you know when he was weakened in his solo he couldn't even produce the crimson bands (issue 5):

by issue 11 of his solo, which was released the same month as cw2 issue 5 where storm breaks his bands, his powers were not in flux; he was virtually powerless.

magic wasn't restored in his solo until 2018 nearly two years after the cw2 showing so your logic doesn't really align to canon or what was even occurring in his solo book in which you referenced to invalidate Storm's feat.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-06-2021 at 09:35 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Fantastic Member

storm has some tricks up her sleeve she hadn't used in that story. the only possible way I could see her taking him out is via an internal attack such as shutting down his brain to ko him. thst could possibly even kill him but non lethal ways I cannot think of anything she could do.

I am sure the message boards would lose it if she dropped him with a bolt of lightning lol.
    I think the only way she will be able to beat him is with her magic and godhead. He’s a god so I wouldn’t expect much else to hurt him.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

I get your perspective which you are entitled to have; however, as readers of marvel comics we know what one writer cares to highlight in their story may completely be ignored by a writer in another story. just because these elements were in his solo doesn't mean bendis cared to carry this over into his storyline (could be that he didn't want to be bothered with it) especially if there is nothing in story that indicates he was weakened. I've read that issue from front to back and you won't find anything there before that issue or after that suggest bendis wrote him in a weakened state.

edit: after doing a little digging it appears I was correct in assuming bendis completely ignored what was going on in his solo. just so you know when he was weakened in his solo he couldn't even produce the crimson bands (issue 5):

by issue 11 of his solo, which was released the same month as cw2 issue 5 where storm breaks his bands, his powers were not in flux; he was virtually powerless.

magic wasn't restored in his solo until 2018 nearly two years after the cw2 showing so your logic doesn't really align to canon or what was even occurring in his solo book in which you referenced to invalidate Storm's feat.
    I disagree with your conclusions, Magic wasn't FULLY restored until 2018 but it did work AGAIN post Empirikul in a weakened unreliable way, STRANGE in civil war 2 is wearing his post Aaron costume so right there we can see that one is not a fully powered Strange.

I'd like to clarify I'm not saying Ororo can't beat Stephen, I believe that's a battle that can go either way depending of many factors, all I am saying is that back in 2015 and for a couple of year after magic in the marvel universe was canonically weaker and broken.
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-07-2021 at 03:46 AM.

Who gives a f@:@' about doctor strange. Is this the storm thread or did I walk into a vs.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Who gives a f@:@' about doctor strange. Is this the storm thread or did I walk into a vs.
    apparently people cared enough to mention him multiple times