Page 27 of 772 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127527 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It's nice to see Storm's power used as a scalpel instead of a hammer for a change. I think the writers and sometimes the readers forget exactly how the versatile her power set is.

I would love Gambit and Storm to go on a few covert espionage missions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    Physically is just as good. Because it shows that not only can she kill you without touching you she can do it just by punching you. So now nobody can argue that if Storm were in physically combat with someone she wouldnÂ’t be able to deal a deadly blow. Today showed that she can.

This is just another piece on how Versatile Storm is. That’s why this feat isn’t just “cute” it’s pretty great.
    I agree. I enjoyed the issue and thought it was well paced, had some good humorous parts, strong emotional beats with Storm & Callisto (loved Cal's comments on how she'd basically murder Fenris to the point worthy of criminal punishment haha), much needed progress for the HFTC story line driving the title, and a nice send off for Storm. Plus the Lolli art was gorgeous throughout the issue and I liked Duggan's grasp on the characterization and roles for the cast in this issue. I loved the Storm vs Cal fight ,and the creative use of her powers in CQC. A pinpoint electric punch to stop a heart is pretty bad ass (and humane). 8.75/10 for me.

As an aside I've enjoyed Duggan's & Vita's recognition of Storm's martial combat skills over the course of Storm's time in the series run. The list of mutants who can skillfully defend themselves in H2H is quite small (probably a couple dozen vs an island of thousands), and this is an important part of Ororo's character (not just her being skilled but the part of her that embraces a warrior's code) that is all too often forgotten.

Also think we are overdue of a Gambit + Storm team-up. Would love to see Chuck Kim & Bachalo have another run with them a la Curse of the Mutants. Covert espionage story for 2 master thieves with great chemistry and complimentary powers and skills - all great ingredients for an epic story.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 01-13-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    its actually more dangerous for a character with her lack of durability to resirt to such tactics. all it takes is one good punch or cut and she is dead. yes versatility is good but as she told callisto she does need blades. nor does she to fight in close quarters especially when she has her powers.

that said it was a nice moment. a good way to send her off.
    I assume she was fighting in close combat out of respect for her and Callisto history.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-13-2021 at 04:47 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member

Storm amping her strikes with wind show she can easily increase her physicals. I don't know why Marvel won't allow it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I assume she was fighting in close combat out of respect her and Callisto history.
    Thats fair and a good observation LAM!

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Storm amping her strikes with wind show she can easily increase her physicals. I don't know why Marvel won't allow it.
    that would be nice. how would she do that exactly? she definitely need more under arsenal to assist in her durability. at this point I honestly would settle for her to use wind shields to deflect attacks from hurting her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm had to fight Callisto hand to hand. The point of the Crucible is that the depowered mutant has to earn their death; its a test to prove themselves. Being depowered already puts said mutant at a disadvantage so they have to make it a bit more fair so it doesnt end in 5 seconds. If Storm just used her powers at the start, then Callisto would have gotten what she wanted without earning it. I actually think Storm cheated a bit by charging her punch to take Callisto out but I think she did that bc of their history and to not drag out the process

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm had to fight Callisto hand to hand. The point of the Crucible is that the depowered mutant has to earn their death; its a test to prove themselves. Being depowered already puts said mutant at a disadvantage so they have to make it a bit more fair so it doesnt end in 5 seconds. If Storm just used her powers at the start, then Callisto would have gotten what she wanted without earning it. I actually think Storm cheated a bit by charging her punch to take Callisto out but I think she did that bc of their history and to not drag out the process
    I was going to say if its supposed to be h2h why she use her powers lol. I would say your thoughts on her cheating is accurate. she definitely used her powers but maybe she thought that would be the most humane way to end her life. storms response to her dying was really moving to me. one of the better moments of the issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Ororo is ready for mortal kombat

I was going to say if its supposed to be h2h why she use her powers lol. I would say your thoughts on her cheating is accurate. she definitely used her powers but maybe she thought that would be the most humane way to end her life. storms response to her dying was really moving to me. one of the better moments of the issue.
    Storm prefered a painless way to do it.

With moves like that, it’s time to bring back X-Men vs Street Fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Storm prefered a painless way to do it.
    I'm sure that was a lot less painful than the first time they battled:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    current capcom is NOT to be trusted with FG's

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    current capcom is NOT to be trusted with FG's
    that latest street fighter game was not it.

Astonishing Member

I'm sure that was a lot less painful than the first time they battled:

How did Callisto's knife switch hands?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Ororo is ready for mortal kombat
    She had been at least since the day someone thought it was a smart idea to put a bunch of bombs on innocent civilians and rig the trigger to her heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I would actualy like to see a Super Robot Wars or Fire Emblem Style game with the X-men since it would allow to have a large cast with everyone having a chance to be usable in some capacity. But a good fighting game with the X-men would be a nice start for their return to proper video games.

that latest street fighter game was not it.
    I thought it was pretty good. It was a solid fighter