Page 595 of 772 FirstFirst ... 95495545585591592593594595596597598599605645695 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    This thread is turning into a hatred thread for racism, it seems. I am just going to move on to something else. I tended to love this thread, but all those racist comments really turn this thread into such a huge burden and unenjoyable place to be. Good luck with all that racism talk.
    So this has become one of my favorite Storm uniforms, I would really appreciate it if it was brought back to the comics (and maybe with some modifications) And what are your favorites?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Actually arguing anything can be nonsensical if the writing isn't good. If they wanted storm to preside over the trade in the hellfire company the can make it make sense with competent writing same with Emma being queen of Sol. Hell they made kate the red queen and it stuck!
    If they wanted to and I mean really wanted to they can make any charachter become anything and make it stick.
    they made even sabertooth sympathetic at one point! And now people are rooting for mystique to destroy her fellow mutants home so she can get her wife back.

If they have enough of a desire for it they would do it! Stop making excuses for them.

I'm not making excuses for them, I think Storm has been underutilized since X-Treme X-Men ended. Other than marrying Black Panther and becoming Regent of Sol I can't think of anything she did that was at all important (I know she led the team during IvX but that entire era was terrible; I didn't read Extraordinary) in the past 2 decades. I also totally agree that part of that is because the X-Office is overwhelmingly white and male, so characters of color (especially female characters of color) are less likely to get the spotlight. I just don't agree that the solution is to take beats or story potential for other characters and hand them to Storm, just because. Emma overseeing the HTC makes more sense because she is a a morally ambiguous businesswoman type of character. Storm as Regent of Sol makes more sense because she is diplomatic, royal, and has more threatening powers. YMMV of course. I'm excited to see what this Regent of Sol era brings for her, and I hope it makes her more important...but I would also like to see more of the X-Men of color get shine and panel time, it shouldn't always default to Storm just because she is the most popular.

People complain a lot about this but we have a book right now that Monet is headlining that gets crapped on. I guess my question is do people want to see more ethnic diversity spotlighted across the line or do they just want Storm to be the Only Important Minority? Sometimes the conversations imply the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Exactly. I know some people have liked what they have seen from Storm in the Xmen and and I respect that, but I just don't feel the same. The character has been at a low point for so long. Storm was a non factor in Schism, AvX etc. She's relinquished leadership to Kitty twice, something the X office will never let happen to Scott, and when she finally led the line in IvX it was to highlight her failure. No character can be a boss forever, but Storm has taken too many hits over the decades. It is time for her to return to prominence with some story agency and some wins before they dump on the character again.

The x office still continues to be too lax with the character. When she had her own Xmen Monday a few months ago, there wasn't a substantive answer or insight to be found ANYWHERE in it. When they had an interview discussing who would be RoS, the only thing they offered was that they looked around the room at each other and said it made sense that it would be Storm. Again, they could not share a shred of info about why she was right for the job, so it again comes off as empty pandering to me. I have very little trust that the X office has a vision for the character beyond surface level development. I still think RosS is rife with potential for her but their track record is awful.
    Speaking of X-Men Monday’s I’ll never forget when Jordan White was being interviewed on the topic of mutant leaders on MLK day and he mentioned Storm all of once while gushing over other X-leaders. Oh the irony. https://aiptcomics.com/2020/01/20/x-...-44-x-leaders/

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Speaking of X-Men Monday’s I’ll never forget when Jordan White was being interviewed on the topic of mutant leaders on MLK day and he mentioned Storm all of once while gushing over other X-leaders. Oh the irony. https://aiptcomics.com/2020/01/20/x-...-44-x-leaders/
    I just remember this man disqualifying Storm's space powers, saying it doesn't make sense for her to manipulate the solar winds in space, this person sucks!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I'm not making excuses for them, I think Storm has been underutilized since X-Treme X-Men ended. Other than marrying Black Panther and becoming Regent of Sol I can't think of anything she did that was at all important (I know she led the team during IvX but that entire era was terrible; I didn't read Extraordinary) in the past 2 decades. I also totally agree that part of that is because the X-Office is overwhelmingly white and male, so characters of color (especially female characters of color) are less likely to get the spotlight. I just don't agree that the solution is to take beats or story potential for other characters and hand them to Storm, just because. Emma overseeing the HTC makes more sense because she is a a morally ambiguous businesswoman type of character. Storm as Regent of Sol makes more sense because she is diplomatic, royal, and has more threatening powers. YMMV of course. I'm excited to see what this Regent of Sol era brings for her, and I hope it makes her more important...but I would also like to see more of the X-Men of color get shine and panel time, it shouldn't always default to Storm just because she is the most popular.

People complain a lot about this but we have a book right now that Monet is headlining that gets crapped on. I guess my question is do people want to see more ethnic diversity spotlighted across the line or do they just want Storm to be the Only Important Minority? Sometimes the conversations imply the latter.
    I agree here. I wouldn't want stories taken from other characters as well. they simply need to do better with storm with the story beats she has. they have plenty to work with if they so chose to: RoS, Goddess, Omega mutant.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I just remember this man disqualifying Storm's space powers, saying it doesn't make sense for her to manipulate the solar winds in space, this person sucks!!
    yes I remember this. i truly believe the predominant perception with s lot of the marvel management is that she is just a weather controller and nothing more. even with the tons of scans saying otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    can't say I'm surprised yet some would like to ignore the implications of race as it pertains to ororo both in and outside the comics. it's truly unfortunate because its clear evidence that this has impacted her her adversely over the years.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

My comment about Emma in Marauders was less geared towards her being head of the Hellfire trading company and more about how plot points like Emma being the one to 'fix' Kitty coming back would have made more sense for Storm to do, since Kitty and Storm have been friends for years. But you're right, that probably has more to do with my dislike of Emma, and just taking plot points from one character and giving them to another is probably not the way to go.

Storm actually leading the team for a long while was kind of what I meant by her being SO CLOSE to dedicated leading lady. That aspect of that period kind of gets ignored, and in the years since she consistently been pushed aside in favor of Cyclops, Kitty, etc. I do hope she gets to standout in SWORD, but the series hasn't been doing well in sales, and it looks like most series are ending after Inferno anyway. But maybe this is all too dour and cynical to be discussed much further in this topic. There might be a better place to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    This is breathtaking!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Wow. Stunning!
    Is this artwork or should I be slaying chickens.

So this has become one of my favorite Storm uniforms, I would really appreciate it if it was brought back to the comics (and maybe with some modifications) And what are your favorites?

I find this uniform very full of details, which makes it a bit tacky in my conception. My favorite Ororo uniform is the current and classic silver.

I’m in love with the classic

I’m very fond of this version

When I look at this piece of art I can almost feel Storm’s power

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

For me this white virgin is just a donkey, he must not know that solar radiation is an element of the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    For me this white virgin is just a donkey, he must not know that solar radiation is an element of the weather.
    That's like, a lot.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’m in love with the classic

I’m very fond of this version

When I look at this piece of art I can almost feel Storm’s power

The 2nd photo always looks off to me. Like when did Storm get pecs? Please explain this dark magic, lol.