Page 615 of 772 FirstFirst ... 115515565605611612613614615616617618619625665715 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,225 of 11576
    BANNED

This is fantasy. Getting bogged down in exactly how Storm
    made the atmosphere on Mars is silly. They mention nothing about gravity because for all intents and purposes what these omegas did together might as well be magic!

I also think we’re fans get into fights with each other is micromanagement. People’s headcanon take over and then they want to dictate to the writers and even others fans.

I personally love Storm as the regent of Mars and I don’t care how she keeps air around her as she flies through space. For me goddesses don’t need silly technical details. But to each his own.

I’m just gonna leve this here:
    (The core infusion was enough to increase gravity as well)

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

I also think weÂ’re fans get into fights with each other is micromanagement. PeopleÂ’s headcanon take over and then they want to dictate to the writers and even others fans.
    One thing is for sure, if Fox writers consulted perhaps this group then Fox Movie Storm would never be an embarassment at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

I also think weÂ’re fans get into fights with each other is micromanagement. PeopleÂ’s headcanon take over and then they want to dictate to the writers and even others fans.
    One thing is for sure, if Fox writers consulted perhaps this group then Fox Movie Storm would never be an embarassment at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’m just gonna leve this here:
    (The core infusion was enough to increase gravity as well)

Thanks for posting this as I was just getting ready to dig it up. Our own personal scientific headcanons for what happens on panel should never should never be put forth as fact over what has explicitly been stated. Just because the energies and thermodynamics of atmospheric components work in synergy with the fundamental force of gravity to create weather does not mean that gravity itself is derived from said components. Gravity being one of the core forces of the universe supersedes and is the structural basis of how energies ebb and flow through the universe, not the other way around.

The good thing about Storm is that her direct power and force of will over the forces and energies that comprise weather can and have superseded the power/force of gravity. Hence her direct control over gaseous elements being enough to pull and contain a sphere of Arakko’s atmosphere with her as she entered the vacuum of space. Ororo did not manipulate the force of gravity, she exceeded the power of gravity with her own power to hold gaseous elements within a confined sphere to traverse space. That is the way I see and interpret what she has done via past canon, scientific conjecture, and what was explicitly stated on the page. If some of you would like to make the connection of Ororo having direct control over atmospheric elements down to the atomic level to such a degree that she can counter gravity and simplify that by suggesting that she just manipulates gravity on a whim now, then by all means that’s is your prerogative. But be weary stating your own preferred head canons, not directly backed by official canon, as fact in other spaces outside of Storm’s appreciation thread, because I can promise you those arguments will not hold water.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Happy Monday...

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Thanks for posting this as I was just getting ready to dig it up. Our own personal scientific headcanons for what happens on panel should never should never be put forth as fact over what has explicitly been stated. Just because the energies and thermodynamics of atmospheric components work in synergy with the fundamental force of gravity to create weather does not mean that gravity itself is derived from said components. Gravity being one of the core forces of the universe supersedes and is the structural basis of how energies ebb and flow through the universe, not the other way around.

The good thing about Storm is that her direct power and force of will over the forces and energies that comprise weather can and have superseded the power/force of gravity. Hence her direct control over gaseous elements being enough to pull and contain a sphere of Arakko’s atmosphere with her as she entered the vacuum of space. Ororo did not manipulate the force of gravity, she exceeded the power of gravity with her own power to hold gaseous elements within a confined sphere to traverse space. That is the way I see and interpret what she has done via past canon, scientific conjecture, and what was explicitly stated on the page. If some of you would like to make the connection of Ororo having direct control over atmospheric elements down to the atomic level to such a degree that she can counter gravity and simplify that by suggesting that she just manipulates gravity on a whim now, then by all means that’s is your prerogative. But be weary stating your own preferred head canons, not directly backed by official canon, as fact in other spaces outside of Storm’s appreciation thread, because I can promise you those arguments will not hold water.
    It's nice to read a thoughtful, level-headed post once in a while.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Happy Monday, Kyss. Is there anything besides SWORD this week that we can look forward to seeing Ororo in? Will she be featured in Inferno?

Happy Monday, Kyss. Is there anything besides SWORD this week that we can look forward to seeing Ororo in? Will she be featured in Inferno?
    hey boo! the only thing I'm aware of is sword. I not sure about inferno. hoping we can get some spoilers before weds!!! fingers crossed
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Lmao, simmer down talking about some okay girl. It's not that serious at all.

Imagine being pressed because I talking about the other forces Storm controls.

It's stated she molds the energy to all of the forces in the universe. Why are you bothered when I bring up gravity manipulation? You know she doesn't only control electromagnetism right? Is there a problem that she is using multiple forces of the universe simultaneously?
    Not reading all that miss ma'am but okay girl
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

do we have a storm solo yet???

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hey boo! the only thing I'm aware of is sword. I not sure about inferno. hoping we can get some spoilers before weds!!! fingers crossed
    Haven’t been this exited for a book since SWORD #7 came out 8 years ago! Lol hoping that our mutual source comes through again with the early tea. Gonna be a good week.

Serving Face!!!!

Haven’t been this exited for a book since SWORD #7 came out 8 years ago! Lol hoping that our mutual source comes through again with the early tea. Gonna be a good week.
    lololol listen!!! these long drops between books ain't cutting it for me... but I am hopeful too we get those early previews to the book. im going to start scouring the net to see if I can find some early reviews on the book. but very excited too! that preview was freaking spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lololol listen!!! these long drops between books ain't cutting it for me... but I am hopeful too we get those early previews to the book. im going to start scouring the net to see if I can find some early reviews on the book. but very excited too! that preview was freaking spectacular.
    Agreed. Really hoping SWORD and whatever book she appears in next happens on a consistent basis because these gap periods are, as Ororo once said “rain in the desert”. And I’m tired of feeling parched! Lol let us know if you find anything love.