Page 37 of 772 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137537 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    her Godhood may be deeper than her mutation, but that doesn't prevent both her divinity and mutation from being connected( since both are Ororo's genetics aspects).
    hmmm that annoys me, Coates is finishing his BP run and we still don’t have a concrete explanation of how Ororo’s divine powers work which makes this statement look a bit confuse.
    I mean every time Ororo needed to use her divine powers she expressed them through her mutant powers.
    This means if they don't do any development with her magic potential to help benefit this divine power such as learn spells or also learning black/white magic.... She will just be another Thor character.

The writers know Storm just with her mutants powers is a threat. I mean she has the potential to be Magneto, Spectrum, Dazzler, Iceman, and many more. She's an omega too which means she has unlimited potential. But on top of the vast magic potential and then she unlocked her godhead for divine magic.

She literally has too much to work with. I see why Marvel writers restrict her from becoming too powerful.

We need an arc where Storm just cut loose with her omega, magic potential, and divine magic and become a threat to the multiverse. Some like Scarlet Witch but elemental or something

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    her Godhood may be deeper than her mutation, but that doesn't prevent both her divinity and mutation from being connected( since both are Ororo's genetics aspects).
    hmmm that annoys me, Coates is finishing his BP run and we still don’t have a concrete explanation of how Ororo’s divine powers work which makes this statement look a bit confuse.
    I mean every time Ororo needed to use her divine powers she expressed them through her mutant powers.
    I honestly don't think Coates ever intended on delving into this in full detail in the BP main book. I think this was always intended for her solo which he was hinted at doing back in 2017.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I get what you are trying to say but...but your hyperbole needs some refinement.
    While she can create and control EM...she cannot control and manipulate metal the way Magneto does.
    While she can control and generate a variety of energies...she cannot turn her body into those very same energies the way Monica does.
    While she can create and manipulate the light spectrum...She cannot generate the complete light spectrum through/from her body as Dazzler does.
    While she can generate absolute zero temperatures...she cannot create and control ice golems like Iceman.

Trying to make Storm into some Be All-End All character, while entertaining as fan-fiction and head-canon...is absolutely pointless because the writers don't see her that way...(and thank the Bright Lady for that).

Anywho...I'm thinking (hoping) we'll see some omega-level mutant power, and cosmic, displays when we get to her interacting with the Mysterium tetrahedron. It will be quite interesting to see what the writers come up with.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

So now they in the Storm thread trying to de mutant storm to make this Wakanda Hadari Yaoi thing work. LMAO. this hadari yaoi think will never catch on.

Storm is a mutant, whether she is the first goddess born with an x-gene or they are connected nothing wakandians did in form of prayer or anything else did much else imo than make her feel better about her self. As said by others there isn't a single thing done in coates book that changed anything and now they trying to attribute even her showings in X-men to this Coates thing that existed before him. ok.. I'm confused though i don't know if people are that desperate or just want to minimize the mutant goddess.

Steps out thread. See ya when new material is released.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Trying, desperately.

I'm with you...no more grandeur of delusions.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So now they in the Storm thread trying to de mutant storm to make this Wakanda Hadari Yaoi thing work. LMAO. this hadari yaoi think will never catch on.

Storm is a mutant, whether she is the first goddess born with an x-gene or they are connected nothing wakandians did in form of prayer or anything else did much else imo than make her feel better about her self. As said by others there isn't a single thing done in coates book that changed anything and now they trying to attribute even her showings in X-men to this Coates thing that existed before him. ok.. I'm confused though i don't know if people are that desperate or just want to minimize the mutant goddess.

Preach! I am with you 100%

I think those who point to canon and the aspects of it that support the hadari yao narrative are absolutely correct to do so. many of those who say she is "just a mutant" fail to see how through canon she has never been solely that. The high priestess tarot card, the mystic arcana, etc. are all instances that establishes that point: she is more than just a mutant. Coates simply made canon the goddess part that was hinted at in the xbooks. I for the life of me will not understand why some are so caught up in the man that finally made her an actual goddess instead of looking at how it fits within her canonical history. also he did changed the narrative that she was a goddess only name. as I mentioned before there have been innumerable instances that were meant to reiterate that she was just a mutant and not an actual goddess including her solo. Coates single-handedly put that argument to bed.

leaving you with that proof Claremont supported that she descends from women (not mutants as her mother wasn't a mutant) that go back to the dawn of humanity which all aligns to what Coates finally made canon:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-17-2021 at 09:54 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thanks I gotcha now.

I also believe her hadari power harmed nate/Legion from what the writers said at that time.
    Where did the writer(s) say this? Can you provide us with a link so that we can read the entire article/interview?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Where did the writer(s) say this? Can you provide us with a link so that we can read the entire article/interview?
    it was a twitter exchange a couple of years ago with the writers

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    It doesn't even make sense lol. Storm hurt adversary in the past before this yaoi thing and she hurt legion and she told Nate/legion she was a goddess before he was born. But somehow two pages of her floating with lightning around her and using lightning is going to do something. She looked way more powerful and majestic in excalibur taking out all the demons then that tore up red dress descending in tchalla arms like some disney princess reject.

They can't have it both ways. It's sad seeing people trying to attribute other people work to what Coates did when in fact he was trying to change storm not elevate her. People don't have a leg to stand on with that prayer thing because she didn't need it. Lol.

Maybe marvel should let him go do one of those non canon storm prose novels so he can get his life and maybe finish his story.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I get what you are trying to say but...but your hyperbole needs some refinement.
    While she can create and control EM...she cannot control and manipulate metal the way Magneto does.
    While she can control and generate a variety of energies...she cannot turn her body into those very same energies the way Monica does.
    While she can create and manipulate the light spectrum...She cannot generate the complete light spectrum through/from her body as Dazzler does.
    While she can generate absolute zero temperatures...she cannot create and control ice golems like Iceman.

Trying to make Storm into some Be All-End All character, while entertaining as fan-fiction and head-canon...is absolutely pointless because the writers don't see her that way...(and thank the Bright Lady for that).

Anywho...I'm thinking (hoping) we'll see some omega-level mutant power, and cosmic, displays when we get to her interacting with the Mysterium tetrahedron. It will be quite interesting to see what the writers come up with.
    you missed the part where I said "Potential" She has the potential to do all of these things.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it was a twitter exchange a couple of years ago with the writers
    If it is the same exchange I recall, there was a question of if the X-Men books were going to acknowledge Storm as an actual goddess as they had in the Black Panther book and the writer use the issue X-Men Comics where Storm shocked the **** out of X-Men/Legion gestalt and stated she's been a goddess longer than he's been alive as confirmation that were indeed were acknowledging that fact. I don't recall anything where the writer confirmed her accessing the Hadari power. She did that feat as the omega level mutant Storm.

But you could also be speaking of another twitter conversation.

Incredible Member

Or maybe people like you can't read? Like if you had any comprehension, you can easily see that no one said take her mutant powers away. I simply said without it she would be a full-on mystical being since she was born with that godhead. I also said that her mutant powers affect her godhead so it basically just amplifies her weather manipulation to god levels.

Like what I said wasn't hard to take in. Let's please keep up.

Incredible Member

It doesn't even make sense lol. Storm hurt adversary in the past before this yaoi thing and she hurt legion and she told Nate/legion she was a goddess before he was born. But somehow two pages of her floating with lightning around her and using lightning is going to do something. She looked way more powerful and majestic in excalibur taking out all the demons then that tore up red dress descending in tchalla arms like some disney princess reject.

They can't have it both ways. It's sad seeing people trying to attribute other people work to what Coates did when in fact he was trying to change storm not elevate her. People don't have a leg to stand on with that prayer thing because she didn't need it. Lol.

Maybe marvel should let him go do one of those non canon storm prose novels so he can get his life and maybe finish his story.
    Storm has never hurt Adversary in the past. She literally couldn't because of powers being physical. Literally, everyone couldn't hurt even Rogue, who absorbed the skill of Naze and Adversary himself magical powers. So that part is a lie. It took Forge using the spirit spell to cut Adversary off his power source which is Chaos and send him in the prison dimension. Adversary stated she has great spiritual power which she didn't unlock until Black Panther.

Fantastic Member

I don't think anyone here wants to "de-mutant" Storm. What is being discussed here and how both of Storm's powers work.
    I personally would hate that Storm was no longer a mutant to be exclusively a God, I didn’t like similar retcons that they did with Wanda, Quicksilver and now in Franklin and with Storm wouldn't be different (personally my reaction would be worse since she’s mine fav).