Page 317 of 772 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 11576
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Like the way this sums everything up. Slightly disagree about XOS but that's neither here nor there.
    Relative to her popularity and relevance to the overall history of the X-Men you’d think Storm would’ve had a strong defining role within the current Krakoa status quo like the characters on that list. What’s happening with them is they’re either having preexisting traits doubled down on and spinning that into strong leadership positions (like Emma as the corporate/diplomatic liaison of Krakoa or Cyclops leading the X-Men proper) or taking characters in entirely new positions that build on their lore (Betsy getting an all new role as Cap Britain and Nightcrawler carving out a mutant belief system).

Storm hasn’t been that well defined outside of being the field commander for the X-Men despite having other elements to her character like her long implied mystical powers and her political acumen going back to the XSE and Queen of Wakanda days. She’s been all over the place without a strong niche that allows her to actually drive a story and lead some kind of faction in this era.

She’s the “high priestess” of resurrections, working with the Hellfire Club, doing occasional missions with the X-Men, watching over the COTA humans, but what’s her MO and area of specialization like the other A-listers got? What’s the aspect of this new era that she gets to have control over as opposed to being a secondary player in nearly every story she appears in? Planet-Size and her upcoming showing in SWORD needs to flesh out that answer this year otherwise these big plans were just hot air.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Relative to her popularity and relevance to the overall history of the X-Men you’d think Storm would’ve had a strong defining role within the current Krakoa status quo like the characters on that list. What’s happening with them is they’re either having preexisting traits doubled down on and spinning that into strong leadership positions (like Emma as the corporate/diplomatic liaison of Krakoa or Cyclops leading the X-Men proper) or taking characters in entirely new positions that build on their lore (Betsy getting an all new role as Cap Britain and Nightcrawler carving out a mutant belief system).

Storm hasn’t been that well defined outside of being the field commander for the X-Men despite having other elements to her character like her long implied mystical powers and her political acumen going back to the XSE and Queen of Wakanda days. She’s been all over the place without a strong niche that allows her to actually drive a story and lead some kind of faction in this era.

She’s the “high priestess” of resurrections, working with the Hellfire Club, doing occasional missions with the X-Men, watching over the COTA humans, but what’s her MO and area of specialization like the other A-listers got? What’s the aspect of this new era that she gets to have control over as opposed to being a secondary player in nearly every story she appears in? Planet-Size and her upcoming showing in SWORD needs to flesh out that answer this year otherwise these big plans were just hot air.
    I agree with all of this. Storm doesn't have any real agency or as you said "mo" within krakoa thats why this week and next will answer if the xoffices were just bs'ing fans.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Relative to her popularity and relevance to the overall history of the X-Men you’d think Storm would’ve had a strong defining role within the current Krakoa status quo like the characters on that list.

What’s the aspect of this new era that she gets to have control over as opposed to being a secondary player in nearly every story she appears in? Planet-Size and her upcoming showing in SWORD needs to flesh out that answer this year otherwise these big plans were just hot air.
    100% Agreed. No Solo, No Anchor Book (where she is leading or the central character), No Bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what was said about xos that you disagree with and thank you (^_^)
    I may have misinterpreted what you meant by XOS not living up to the hype. I was interpreting it as it related to Storm but perhaps you were speaking of the overall event. I know from past discussions, you weren't too big of a fan of Storm's role in it either or the impact it had on her relationship with BP. I understand that point of view too. I think some of it just comes down to a matter of taste which is why I said it's neither here nor there.

BANNED

I agree with all of this. Storm doesn't have any real agency or as you said "mo" within krakoa thats why this week and next will answer if the xoffices were just bs'ing fans.
    It feels like a glorified version of the mammy trope in media. She is there everywhere but just well there. What does it even mean to be a high priestess of resurections. What happens if a resurection happens and she is not available? Do they party without her like then do they really need her to do that? The council position too is a bit patronizing to honest, like they are out here begging for people to joining making the whole thing feel pathetic because they got shot down Everytime. They are also apparently bad at the job since the children's are being neglected by said council. Like there is too much happening for me to remotely even wrap my head around. Like I said before she just feels like she is just there and the way she has these titles omega omega, council member and even goddess all in this era feels like it's there so you can't complain as a fan because look we gave her all these titles to make her feel important without doing anything with her. Again Duggan had her for 20 issues and it was the last two that she did anything remotely interesting and even then it was recaps. This makes me nervous for these "big" plans because if this is what they have shown sooo far who is to say this is about to change.
    There was a thread and there it asked if storm was as important to the x-men mythos as jean in this era and frankly I stated no, though I still voted for the goddess bit to realistic it feels like storm has been waining this current era hast changed that just slowed it a bit. And I think unless she moves offices the **** is about to hit the fan for storm and her charachter in the comics. But I do hope that I am wrong and that said "big" plans are really as astounding as they say it is, I would like to be proved wrong by this office for once.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 06-14-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    I may have misinterpreted what you meant by XOS not living up to the hype. I was interpreting it as it related to Storm but perhaps you were speaking of the overall event. I know from past discussions, you weren't too big of a fan of Storm's role in it either or the impact it had on her relationship with BP. I understand that point of view too. I think some of it just comes down to a matter of taste which is why I said it's neither here nor there.
    It actually was both for me. XoS was Saturnynes way of being petty because she couldn't have captain Britain ultimately and as far as storm goes it did nothing really for the character as she is still just there as of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    It feels like a glorified version of the mammy trope in media. She is there everywhere but just well there. What does it even mean to be a high priestess of resurections. What happens if a resurection happens and she is not available? Do they party without her like then do they really need her to do that? The council position too is a bit patronizing to honest, like they are out here begging for people to joining making the whole thing feel pathetic because they got shot down Everytime. They are also apparently bad at the job since the children's are being neglected by said council. Like there is too much happening for me to remotely even wrap my head around. Like I said before she just feels like she is just there and the way she has these titles omega omega, council member and even goddess all in this era feels like it's there so you can't complain as a fan because look we gave her all these titles to make her feel important without doing anything with her. Again Duggan had her for 20 issues and it was the last two that she did anything remotely interesting and even then it was recaps. This makes me nervous for these "big" plans because if this is what they have shown sooo far who is to say this is about to change.
    There was a thread and there it asked if storm was as important to the x-men mythos as jean in this era and frankly I stated no, though I still voted for the goddess bit to realistic it feels like storm has been waining this current era hast changed that just slowed it a bit. And I think unless she moves offices the **** is about to hit the fan for storm and her charachter in the comics. But I do hope that I am wrong and that said "big" plans are really as astounding as they say it is, I would like to be proved wrong by this office for once.

yes I agree. when you look at the actual tangible evidence for the other characters its clear they have big plans for them but relating to storm its hard at this point to believe the especially when we consider she has yet to say or do one thing since the gala started. im not getting my hopes up anymore for their plans for storm. they got me with that vita black panther issue and they won't ever get me again.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I disagree. I'm actually enjoying this era of Storm.
    I feel they are reintroducing The Storm (without the rehash)before her
    BIG PLANS. So when the payoff drops it hits new and old fans alike.
    Too many times the mutant race has been on the brink and Storm was never had a hand of shaping it. (Not just a foot Solider)
    As a council member she has.
    Not only as a council members she on the ground and forefront working. (Vault, Mauraders Cosmic, XoS CotManThing, God venom ect)
    I also love how she literally is the Mutant High Priestess.( A very fitting role.)
    They've put RESPECT on the name The Storm.

I say sit back and wait. I love Colossus and I felt we miss out on him in Mauraders. And the disrespect that was Beast was also much too much for me. But key moments will payoff. I mean the Plot of mystique has been simmering for a while now.

we finally made it. let's see what big plans the xoffices have in store for storm. #xspoilers

BANNED

we finally made it. let's see what big plans the xoffices have in store for storm. #xspoilers
    Y'all that get the early realeases should hint if it's good or not.

Y'all that get the early realeases should hint if it's good or not.
    if i hear anything either way I will let u kno.

BANNED

if i hear anything either way I will let u kno.
    Thanks fam

Thanks fam
    you're welcome boo. its almost time for the goddess to make some major moves!

All-New Member

Looks like there might be a lot of disappointment for us Storm fan tomorrow as far Planet Size X-Men is concerned. No specific on what characters does what but a commenter in the link below tells what happens in the issue. I'm not sure how legit the spoilers are but they sound plausible.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/spoi...rick-remender/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by prof.e View Post
    Looks like there might be a lot of disappointment for us Storm fan tomorrow as far Planet Size X-Men is concerned. No specific on what characters does what but a commenter in the link below tells what happens in the issue. I'm not sure how legit the spoilers are but they sound plausible.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/spoi...rick-remender/
    maybe I missed something but I haven't found anything that haven't already been speculating before and that somehow hints at some disappointment with Storm's Role in Planet-Size.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    maybe I missed something but I haven't found anything that haven't already been speculating before and that somehow hints at some disappointment with Storm's Role in Planet-Size.
    Read the comments lol.

Im still stoked and excited lol mostly.

Hopefully Storm gets some kinda moment though..