Page 318 of 431 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368418 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 6451
  1. #4756
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Read the comments lol.
    oh jeez well i expected a bit more but i'm still going to read the issue in person to get my own conclusion, let's see how storm fits into this.

  2. #4757
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,089

    Default

    I don’t expect Storm to hang out on spoilers:
    Mars with the Arraki mutants
    end of spoilers.

    My thought was always that she was going to join SWORD, now with adult Cable too, and Agent Brand, Manifold and the rest of that crew. Because of the Reign of X teaser image with her holding the Mysterium. I’m thinking that she probably becomes the team leader, and perhaps butts heads with Brand, which would be fun. Ororo is one of the few people Nathan would follow unquestioningly... or at least as unquestioningly as he’s capable of following anyone. Ha.

  3. #4758
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    oh jeez well i expected a bit more but i'm still going to read the issue in person to get my own conclusion, let's see how storm fits into this.
    yea I'm going to wait and see for myself. just a few more hours and I should have some answers.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  4. #4759
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    13,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I dont have faith in the xoffices. its quite the opposite. I'm actually waiting for them to drop the ball with this so I can tell a few storm friends of mine "I told you so."
    They should have just put her in SWORD instead of Magneto. They would have gotten much more mileage out of her than keeping her floating from team to team.

    Cosmic setting allows her to expand the use of her powers, cut loose from time to time.


    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    It feels like a glorified version of the mammy trope in media. She is there everywhere but just well there. What does it even mean to be a high priestess of resurections. What happens if a resurection happens and she is not available? Do they party without her like then do they really need her to do that? The council position too is a bit patronizing to honest, like they are out here begging for people to joining making the whole thing feel pathetic because they got shot down Everytime. They are also apparently bad at the job since the children's are being neglected by said council. Like there is too much happening for me to remotely even wrap my head around. Like I said before she just feels like she is just there and the way she has these titles omega omega, council member and even goddess all in this era feels like it's there so you can't complain as a fan because look we gave her all these titles to make her feel important without doing anything with her. Again Duggan had her for 20 issues and it was the last two that she did anything remotely interesting and even then it was recaps. This makes me nervous for these "big" plans because if this is what they have shown sooo far who is to say this is about to change.
    There was a thread and there it asked if storm was as important to the x-men mythos as jean in this era and frankly I stated no, though I still voted for the goddess bit to realistic it feels like storm has been waining this current era hast changed that just slowed it a bit. And I think unless she moves offices the shit is about to hit the fan for storm and her charachter in the comics. But I do hope that I am wrong and that said "big" plans are really as astounding as they say it is, I would like to be proved wrong by this office for once.
    This post reminds me of one I made years ago. Nobody listens to Storm anymore because she comes across too much like a mother hen. The X-Men for the last few years have been about rebellion and having a rebellious nature and hear comes Storm the house mother to nag the isht out of you.

    I said something similar about Bishop: Storm has been spectacular at doing nothing.

    That's enough of me being a sour note. Carry on.

  5. #4760
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,897

    Default

    I just got some spoilers and storm fans there may some truth to these big plans. still a bit early to say but it looks promising. can't wait to discuss tomorrow.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  6. #4761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This post reminds me of one I made years ago. Nobody listens to Storm anymore because she comes across too much like a mother hen. The X-Men for the last few years have been about rebellion and having a rebellious nature and hear comes Storm the house mother to nag the isht out of you.

    I said something similar about Bishop: Storm has been spectacular at doing nothing.

    That's enough of me being a sour note. Carry on.
    They always play it too safe with Storm. Thats why I liked Storm in parts of X of Swords when she stole from Wakanda and in Cota when she got bitchy with the Avengers. Writers finally had her doing some stuff that was controversial. I know some didn't like it and thought it was contrived, but damn, it was nice to finally see some edge to the character again. I just can't anymore with this demure Storm. Damn, can the character go big at least for a year or two and do SOMETHING?!

    She is just so soft and just there. I have said it thousands of times before, but Claremont was not afraid to dirty up the character. All her subsequent writers seemed terrified to do so and are hesitant give the character any kind of grit. She has no direction. Is it that hard to give her one? To give her some kind of momentum? What a waste.

  7. #4762
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hey boo.

    nope in the xbooks she is literally pretty much lightning lass with a secondary mutation for carrying knives lol.

    but check back next week after weds we may have something other than lightning to discuss.
    I sure will. Im done with my self imposed hiatus. I missed this board 😁👍🏾

  8. #4763
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMightyBlue View Post
    I sure will. Im done with my self imposed hiatus. I missed this board ������
    welcome back boo. hopefully we have more exciting stuff to discuss tomorrow(^_^)
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  9. #4764
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Edit: Removed
    Last edited by skyking; 06-15-2021 at 06:49 PM.

  10. #4765
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    They always play it too safe with Storm. Thats why I liked Storm in parts of X of Swords when she stole from Wakanda and in Cota when she got bitchy with the Avengers. Writers finally had her doing some stuff that was controversial. I know some didn't like it and thought it was contrived, but damn, it was nice to finally see some edge to the character again. I just can't anymore with this demure Storm. Damn, can the character go big at least for a year or two and do SOMETHING?!

    She is just so soft and just there. I have said it thousands of times before, but Claremont was not afraid to dirty up the character. All her subsequent writers seemed terrified to do so and are hesitant give the character any kind of grit. She has no direction. Is it that hard to give her one? To give her some kind of momentum? What a waste.
    I love edgy storm but I personally enjoy it when it makes sense to be as such. the perfect time for her to be edgy, for instance, would have been during the ivx saga. instead we got money dopey storm. what she did in that marauders issue and even with the avengers in cota seemed to be out of nowhere.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  11. #4766
    Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    961

    Default

    I’m sorry but if we get nothing significant I am truly done with comics. I haven’t read any issues of the Gala and none of the books grab my attention to even want to pick up. I am just tired of being let down and if this build up of importance is just her being in a team book I am done. My expectations are so low for what Marvel plans to do with her and their is no reason she shouldn’t be at the heart of this storyline to show her importance like Emma, Magneto and Cyke/Jean even Mystique it seems like big things are happening for them.

  12. #4767
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    I’m sorry but if we get nothing significant I am truly done with comics. I haven’t read any issues of the Gala and none of the books grab my attention to even want to pick up. I am just tired of being let down and if this build up of importance is just her being in a team book I am done. My expectations are so low for what Marvel plans to do with her and their is no reason she shouldn’t be at the heart of this storyline to show her importance like Emma, Magneto and Cyke/Jean even Mystique it seems like big things are happening for them.
    I can understand your frustrations trust me I do but there is a POTENTIAL that coming out of next weeks sword issue storm will have a huge new role in the MU. I would say try to hold out until at least next week.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #4768
    Fantastic Member xfire2k13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Oooh sounds exciting! Just hope Marvel doesn't mess up the execution of her new role.

  14. #4769
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I just got some spoilers and storm fans there may some truth to these big plans. still a bit early to say but it looks promising. can't wait to discuss tomorrow.
    That would be a very very pleasant surprise a shock but a good one. I am tired of being pessimistic.

    Quote Originally Posted by DMightyBlue View Post
    I sure will. Im done with my self imposed hiatus. I missed this board ������
    We would move on from lightning to discussing rain and wind lol.

  15. #4770
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    That would be a very very pleasant surprise a shock but a good one. I am tired of being pessimistic.
    you and me both. from what I saw though it gives me reason to be slightly optimistic.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •